Photo Gallery > Our Pets

Constantly Yapping 'dog'.

(1/2) > >>

dtw:
Somebody down the end of our street has an extremely yappy dog.
They keep it in their driveway, so that it yaps every time somebody goes past.

God knows why they can't keep it in the back garden out of the way of temptation.

Who do I complain to, to get an ASBO on it (or the owner)?

Old bird:
Hi dtw (gosh you sound like a weedkiller or was that ddt!!)

I would, and I don't know where you live, call in to people with yappy dog, and very gently ask them if they wouldn't mind ensuring that it is kept quieter! It disturbs you at night or whatever.  If you can bear it (I am a dog lover with 2 big dogs!) say what a lovely dog it is and use a bit of flannel!

sometimes people don't realise that they are creating a nuisance (though sometimes they do and do it on purpose to get at their close neighbours??!!)

Failing this I would call the local council and ask the Dog Warden service if there is anything they can do!

It would drive me completely scatty having that in close proximity!  My dogs do bark when necessary but they are only in the house and never cause a nuisance!

Old Bird

;D

lorna:
I just cannot understand peple. I have a yappy King Charles (my back garden is open view to the road, not allowed to put fence up) but  I guarantee she is not allowed more than a few barks!!   A prison officer lives opposite and although she assures me Elsa wouldn't wake her when she is on nights I just feel I have to make sure. On Sundays I never start gardening before 10am in case the people who work all week enjoy a lay in on Sundays.
I think Old Bird's suggestions might help.

manicscousers:
we've two people moved in behind us with two yapping little b*ggers, driving everyone to distraction, we've got a staffie, never makes a sound..they never seem to stop them and a neighbour is taping them and filling in forms..really spoils sitting outside  :(

kitten:
Oh dear dtw, that sounds like a nightmare.  :(

If the friendly neighbour approach doesn't work contact your local council who will either have a dog warden service that you can call on OR the environmental health dept will have regulations about noise - and dog barking is included in that.  Contact them, explain the problem and they'll probably send someone out to investigate.

Our neighbours have just got a puppy which we can hear whimpering and whining at night.  Thank God their house is on the market, we're hoping they sell it and move before it grows up a bit and learns to bark.  I'm not a dog person incase you didn't notice lol  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version