Author Topic: In Memory of Supersprout  (Read 7039 times)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
Re: In Memory of Supersprout
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 17:24:10 »
Hello Everyone  :)

I haven't been around for a while but today I have been busy at the allotment sorting out my seeds ready for Spring.

I found a few envelopes of seeds that Super had sent me - and like a few of you, I hadn't thrown them away after I'd planted them because just looking at her handwriting on the packets and her little diagrams of the squashes made me smile.

I decided to throw the packets away this year  :( Making fresh starts etc. But seeing this thread made me dig a little brown envelope out of the bin.

Supersprout's seeds for Vegetable Spaghetti! With a little picture of the fruit drawn by her (Fawn/yellow coloured according to her label!) & the lovely handwritten instructions ...

"Grow your own spaghetti! Vegetable spaghetti from Italy!" (With a little smiley!)

"Plant +15 degrees, 2cm deep, 60cm between plants"

"Boil or bake (40 mins approx) discard seeds, scoop out spaghetti!"

And wouldn't ya know it! There are 2 seeds still left in there .. hiding at the bottom of the envelope  ;D

Trix XXXXX
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2008, 17:34:55 »
Thanks for starting this thread Georgie, i can't believe it's almost a year ago either  :o

I didn't know supersprout in person, only on this forum, but learned so much from her posts and advice.  I think it's lovely that her words of wisdom are still here for us to appreciate, it sort of feels like she's still here with us, helping with mulching advice & recipes & piccies of all that lovely passata :P

Love and prayers to her family x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 11:37:37 »
I only knew her through this forum and again she was one of the first to contact me
such a lovely person
always seems we lose the good ones first !

missed but not forgotten

BB  :(

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 22:25:45 »
Kitten I will forever be indebted to your strap line 'Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened'.  That's how I think of Sarah.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 23:33:06 »
I only had the privilege of meeting her once, but her generosity, vigour and warmth will remain in my memory for ever ...
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2008, 22:34:43 »
Just bumping this thread up again for the benefit of those who may have missed it.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2008, 22:18:37 »
Perhaps on 1st March, we could all spend a few moments remembering how much we loved her, and how much we miss her.

valmarg

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2008, 19:27:23 »
Big smile,big heart and big boobs ;D As I sit here where she once sat it`s her courage that makes me smile and gives me the strength to think that the weeks ahead will pass and I will get on my garden again before so very long

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2008, 20:28:43 »
Hey Stefan your post is so in the spirit of Sarah! Very much her sense of humour.

I didn't know you were feeling poorly. Sorry to hear it. I hope things are picking up for you.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 07:17:33 »
I've hardly done any gardening since the end of October as my own Mum has been very poorly and yesterday we took her to a hospice.  I mentioned to a very close group of friends that a year ago we had been worrying about Sarah and one of the girls pointed me towards this thread as I've not been doing much surfing lately.

Sarah is never far from my thoughts, I have a whole crop of her JAs that haven't yet been harvested and a couple of stalks that escaped the January gales are still standing to attention back in Glasgow.  I too have her cards and seed envelopes and a fair few pms telling me what to do with my JAs. 

I do miss Sarah a lot and it seems uncanny that a year on, she is still helping me cope.  She is/was a lovely lady and I will always remember her fondly.

I hope she's at the gate to greet Mum.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2008, 14:14:26 »
Good to see you popping in Joanne. I am chuffed to be a "member" of your group of friends and I hope as a group we have been some comfort to you over the past few months.
As I mentioned before I didn't know Sarah that well but the thoughts and memories of so many people just proves what a special lady she was. I bet Mum will get a big hello from Sarah.
Love Lorna. xx

companion_plant

• Not So New ...
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2008, 23:44:43 »
Thank you to Georgie for this thread and to all contributors. I’ve seen your glowing comments about Sarah, and appreciated your concern for her friends beyond this group – both over the past couple of weeks and last year.

In the early days of Sarah’s allotment she was delighted to find A4A. At the end of a session on the plot she might have been tired but was able to enjoy sharing experiences here. When she visited me she would take time out to get on the computer to talk to what she then called, with characteristic wit, ‘my imaginary friends’  ;). Then over time she met some of you, exchanged seeds, PMs etc. and you were no longer imaginary but very real and precious. Y’all added an extra dimension to the fun she got from the allotment. I know you enjoyed her contributions here. I also know how important this group was to her.

We’ve just passed the anniversary of Sarah’s last visit to her allotment. She wasn't able to stay long. She supervised the digging of JAs that were to be shared with several of you around the country. That just about sums it up. Incidentally, she also planted out some seedlings. Optimists amongst you may like to celebrate Sarah’s life on her birthday – appropriately in springtime, April 14th. 

Again, thank you all for making this such a supportive community.

C_P x

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 20:38:34 »
Thanks for that, C_P, very nicely put, altho' I can't imagine what Sarah would have said about the strange punctuation that has appeared in your post now and which certainly wasn't there the first time I read it. ???  ;D

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know that I had an email from Will today. He's well.  He said how much he enjoyed reading all your comments and that it was so nice to see that his mum is still remembered fondly.

G x

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 23:37:16 »
 ;D

Glad Will is ok, wonder if he knows how many total strangers think of him often?

Still cannot believe it's a whole year ago..

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2008, 10:09:33 »
;D

Glad Will is ok, wonder if he knows how many total strangers think of him often?

Still cannot believe it's a whole year ago..
Me too. Xxx to you Will.
Smile, it confuses people.

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2008, 10:11:13 »
How old was Sarah Please?

companion_plant

• Not So New ...
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2008, 11:58:19 »
Not at all. She was 50 when she died ... but she had crammed a lot of living, learning and loving into those years!

Fingers crossed for enduring punctuation,  ???
C_P x

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2008, 13:06:45 »
Sarah was with me in Spirit last weekend, i layed a bale of straw on the plot!  Should've seen her laughing.....x
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2008, 22:29:59 »
would like to propose a toast to Supersprout may she rest in peace

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal