Author Topic: Allergy  (Read 6559 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Allergy
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 16:28:32 »
Ah Ace, all teasing apart, you do sound as though you need a hug, so am sending my cyber love now,don't scratch, better chickenpox than shingles.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

marestail murderer

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2008, 16:50:16 »
sympathy mate,i know just what your going thru.
i suffer from chronic urcitaria,and its baffling the docs as to the cause!
its some kind of allergic reaction,but apparently they dont know where to start to diagnose the cause.
in the middle of a rather nasty attack at the mo,so if it gets worse its looking like another dose of steroids for me,as its the only thing that stops it in its tracks!
second time this year.....and both attacks have happened after taking paracetomol based products....one was lemsip with that flu thingy that went around........this time i think its the painkillers im on due to having tooth out yesterday.
best of luck mate...............and you arnt scratching alone.......lol

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2008, 18:09:49 »
ACE, its no consolation I know, but looking on the bright side, it could have been worse.  It could have been mumps, and at your time of life it would have got you somewhere very painful!!!

valmarg

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 21:32:17 »
h o he is no having a baby what a shame  :( if its chickn pox perhaps he is gnna lay an egg  :o :o :o

A try Caladryl like calamine but with an antihistimine for the itch  :-*

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 12:49:32 »
My son couldn't stop picking one particular chickenpox spot on his face - now it has left a cute scar. The rest didn't seem to bother him - we were out and about with OH's cousin's family in south Wales (had met up with an internet friend who is a doctor and he said it was ok to carry on as normal). Visited one attraction and you could see other spotty children recovering from chickenpox with a good dose of bouncing up and down on a trampoline or running around in the fresh air.

A friend is allergic to some fruits, except when she was pregnant!
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 13:33:41 »
there you go, Ace (caring mode ON)....lots of really good advice here for you, you poor chook..

Caladryl for the itch,  & lots of runnin around in the Good Wholesome Fresh Air followed by a Nice Bounce on a Trampoline & you'll be fit & ready to swing from the chandeliers in no time atorl.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 17:07:22 »
I seem to remember bicarbonate of soda for the spots.  Or did I put it in the bath water ??? ??? ???
The Tuscan Beaneater

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 17:14:41 »
Oh Ace, absolutely no picking, I have 4 scars on my bum that my mother proudly displayed to all who would look whenever the subject on chickenpox and picking came up.

Frock up, knickers down, Mums poky finger x4, and "see what you get if you let them pick"

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 17:42:18 »
Go on then J...I'll be Mother ;)

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2008, 09:51:19 »
My older son (when aged 5)  had what appeared to to be a single boil, which I treated as a boil (oops!). A few days later his little brother (2) was absolutely covered all over and inside various orifaces. We did our best with it but he still has scars including on his face. I was just glad he wasn't younger.

It's difficult Jeannine with parents who do things to embarass you without thinking.

My Dad had built and extension onto our house and he was very proud of it, unfortunately it became my bedroom (well part of it) I was 17 and in bed with the flu when he bought one of his tour parties through (we had a country store in NZ) a bunch of male aussies in their early 20's. I was not pleased. :-[

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 10:07:36 »
Poor you ACE,! I hope you are getting some treatment for the itchiness and it is making you feel more comfortable. How nasty to have chicken pox as an adult!
I can really sympathise as I came out in blotches just before Christmas. I was told it was urticaria, but now have been told it could be something I am coming into contact with. On my second antihistamine course at the moment, and new itchy blotches coming out each day - as one goes another comes out somewhere else, so hoping the antihistamines kick in soon.  So lots of love and sympathy from a fellow itcher, hope you get well soon.  :-* busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 17:26:04 »
So sorry to read that you've been poorly, B-L,

love-from-a-safe-distance,

Lishka :-*

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2008, 08:25:42 »
Starting to clear up a bit now, I can take the cotton gloves off. A good shower and a rub down with the loufa should get rid of it, failing that a bit of wet and dry might do the trick.

I have not checked my bum for damage, and I havn't got the heart to ask OH to look.

Thank you for the sympathy, but some of you, and you know who you are, had better watch out  :P

MPG

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2008, 08:33:18 »
hi ya Ace, how old is ur grandchild? unless extremely new born,or low imunne system i would not worry about passing on chickenpox, more infectious 2 wks before spots come out anyway in which its too late anyhow, i do hope you feel much btr soon, i had them as a child as did my oh, but all four of my kids had them more or less at the same time, my youngest was only few months old,

DO NOT PICK LOL ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2008, 09:14:30 »
Pleased you seem to be over the worst ACE (how the hell do I get Caring Mode to switch OFF? This is driving me barmy ::))

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2008, 09:50:13 »
Lish it only lasts for a week, so you will be back to normal any day now,

Ace, I am truly glad you are feeling better, it must have been miserable, but sounds like you were a good boy and didn't pick.

Did you get Smarties and a Beano and Dandy!!

XX Jeannine

Oh ans so pleased your bum is OK, mind you it is useful at a slow moving party!!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2008, 11:02:20 »
btw, anyone use to have Pimples Parties for their kiddies? First sign of the Pox & you'd invite all their same-age friends round to play? My sister did..

In Italy tho, it was dire. Children were not allowed into school or any public place until their skin was completely clear....bout 6 weeks. Friend's 2nd little boy developed the pox just about the time her 1st son's was clearing - and she was stuck in the house for 3 months ::)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2008, 14:45:32 »
So glad to hear you are getter better ACE.  Well done for not scratching.

Thanks Lish  :-*

It used to happen with my children, one would get chicken pox and then the other followed and so it went on with all the childhood diseases.  Felt like we were in solitary for ages at a time.
 :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2008, 19:23:48 »
yep, measles parties, or the wowzels, my mum used to call it, anyone got anything, all the kids were invited around, if it was german measles, all the girls  :o

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2008, 23:50:42 »
When my lad was about 15, I was on an early nursing shift so he was in bed when I left at 6.00am one week-day. When I came home at 3.00pm he was still in bed. Thought he'd bunked off school until he told me that he'd woken up feeling ill but had gone to school. Still feeling ill with a stiff neck and swollen glands and now running a temp. he'd gone to see the Matron. Sympathy? Not at all! He was thrown out of school pdq & ordered to not come back - a potential case of mumps in a school of 700 boys wasn't to be taken lightly  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal