Author Topic: Allergy  (Read 6585 times)

Weed-Digga

• Half Acre
  • Slough, BERKS
Re: Allergy
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 00:26:33 »
My older son (when aged 5)  had what appeared to to be a single boil, which I treated as a boil (oops!). A few days later his little brother (2) was absolutely covered all over and inside various orifaces. We did our best with it but he still has scars including on his face. I was just glad he wasn't younger.

Apparently, if you catch the 'pox off your sibling, you get a much worse dose, than if you caught it from anyone else. I think it's to do with you having the same genetic make-up as your siblings, so it has already conquered their immune system, so your's is not effective.......... or something much more scientific!!
If it's Rosie's allotment - how come Muggins here does so much digging?

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: Allergy
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2008, 16:39:34 »
As I mentioned earlier I am on my second brand of antihistamine  tablets because of my rash, as believe it or not I was allergic to the first one, and now three days after taking the second have found to be allergic to that particular brand too.  Have had to stop taking them because of unpleasant side effects.  My doctor is amazed because she has never come across anyone who is allergic to the thing you are taking for the allergy. Trust me to be one of the uncommon occurrences written in the list of side affects.  Any one else had any similar experiences.  ??? busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal