Author Topic: Allergy  (Read 6584 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Allergy
« on: February 03, 2008, 20:43:50 »
Would you believe it? I am allergic to raspberries! Yeh, come on, lets get all the jokes out of the way first. It might not be the raspberries fault it could be the jelly they were in. OH made a flan with some bottled raspberries and quick set jelly. We also made another 'big boys' flan with some fruit pilfered from the rumtopf pot. I scoffed quite a bit of that one with no ill effects, but today when I tried a slice of the raspberry tart about an hour later I was covered in hives and scratching like mad. They went as soon as they came leaving me a bit mystified, until I had another slice for tea and out they popped again. So it seems I will not be able to eat fruit unless it has been treated with rum, lifes  a b!tch!

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Re: Allergy
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 22:14:55 »
I couldn't eat raspberries when I was pregnant, Ace................!

Riffster

• Half Acre
  • Chief Wormer
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 23:53:43 »
OMG - ACE is pregnant !!!

Si D

• Acre
    • North Birmingham CTC
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 09:59:28 »
My beloved found out that she was allergic to raw parsnip on Christmas day.  She was just peeling one and tounched her face.  She then spent the rest of the day with her eyes all puffed up and puss running out of them, looked like she'd done ten rounds with Frank Bruno!  I had to keep reassuring the family that I hadn't been hitting her  :o

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 15:11:34 »
OMG - ACE is pregnant !!!

Yeah, gotta be ;D Remember he told us he was putting on weight...?

Congrats ACE. We knew you were a Bit Special, but guess you'll be someone else who'll be in the Guinness World Record Book this year 8)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 19:10:39 »
 :o  Ace up the duff top man, good job the pubs are smokeless Ace you've got the baby to think of now.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 19:26:26 »
bet he will need a C section  :o ;D

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 20:05:34 »
bet he will need a C section 

Good point :-X

cj :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 20:49:17 »
I think he should have stayed with his hot gravy dinners, they only give you wind!!

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 22:28:55 »
Should've kept his legs crossed  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Tuscan Beaneater

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 22:42:51 »
Somebody's been sowing seeds in the wrong bed  :o   ::)  :o
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 23:23:24 »
Oh you terrible lot. Here I am on deaths door and all you can do is mock, you just wait until I am better!

Just to make you all feel better, What I thought was hives are in fact chicken pox/shingles, not a serious case, I hope.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 23:25:00 »
I think he's been 'on the turn' ::) for a while now tho.....didn't he have a pink cardy or sommat as a present a bit ago?

Ace, we don't need to be made feel betta mate. We're having a grand time ;D

And what were you doing in the chicken coop then, huh?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 00:16:13 »
 Lish, I wondered about the turning bit.

I was amused when he announced he wanted a blow up doll  but I didn't expect he would turn into one, and a polka dot one at that.

Would it help if we  all came round en masse and rubbed calamine  lotion on your spots . It would match the cardy!!

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 08:29:36 »
His spots disappeared sometimes, you notice? That's when he turned the chandeliers off ;)

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 08:50:10 »
I've always been eager to see pics of  A4A's new arrivals - but, in the case of ACE's production, I think I'll pass  :o

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 11:08:40 »
Sorry to hear you have chicken pox or shingles.   Both can be nasty illnesses  :'(

Get well soon.

You must be relieved to know that you haven't developed an allergic reaction to raspberries.  As for being pregnant, I knew that wasn't the case given your age!!  Mind you, your sex was a give away too.   ;D ;D ;D

Don't scratch too much.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 11:18:47 »
Shingles is not nice  :'( :'( :'(  Take very great care of yourself, it takes a long time to get over it.
The Tuscan Beaneater

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 12:14:33 »
With chickenpox the spots can be anywhere, but with shingles they follow the path of a nerve. Had you had chickenpox as a child, Ace? Strange that the spots came and went though - are they here to stay now?
There is an anti -viral drug you can get from the GP if it is bad.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 15:54:59 »
The only thing I can remember having when I was a nipper is the cane. The doc reckons its chicken pox and is concerned that I went to the hospital last week and also the dentists, so he has notified them, he has also put me under 'house arrest'. (well told me to stay in) I have spots and blisters everywhere even in my mouth, they are driving me crazy with the itching, OH is still recovering from her fall, so at the moment we are up s#*t creek without a paddle. I cannot ask my son to call in as OH is worried that I might pass the infection on to his little nipper.

This year has not got off to a good start, so it can only get better.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal