Author Topic: Anyone have,Orange Broadband livebox Package  (Read 1808 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Anyone have,Orange Broadband livebox Package
« on: December 05, 2007, 13:43:19 »
I have been with Orange since their freeserve days, and in an attempt to slimline our finances have changed the package we have with them to try and save money.
In the blurb is says they will pay our line rental, free calls eves n weekends, or if using the livebox free all day.
Have had a letter from BT saying that as of 6th Dec we will no longer be able to use our phone number, called orange who said no probs, we now take over your line, and you keep your original number.
 but today had another letter from BT to say congrats on not disconecting your line!how does this work??
I hate calling these companies cos you just seem to go round and round until you are more confused than ever!

Has anyone else changed to this package, and if so did it run smoothly and do you still have your original phone number as well as the one for the livebox?
(am rather concerned as I run a businees from home and need that number!)

Thanks

DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Cuke

• Half Acre
  • Abbeymead, Gloucester
    • Growing Our Own
Re: Anyone have,Orange Broadband livebox Package
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 13:58:34 »
We use Orange Broadband with free calls through the LiveBox but still pay BT for our normal line rental. So I'm guessing its a slightly different package to you.

I've not heard of Orange actually taking over your line rental, unless its more of a hidden convenience, that you pay them and they pay BT kind of thing. Either way I'd phone Orange and tell them about the letter from BT and point out that it seems to contradict what you were told earlier by both themselves and BT...

Whatever happens though you shouldn't end up with a different landline number, you'll just now have a new additional number for the Livebox...
Our little corner of the blogging world http://www.growingourown.co.uk

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 15:57:34 »
we have the Orange package same as Cuke describes. We've had it for a while and we're paying too much, so we're looking to change. Some of the new Orange offers are much better and cheaper than what we're on, but i'm sure there are better one's still. The livebox bit is good cuz we can connect two computers separately to the internet. The only problem with the free phone calls via the livebox was the old phones we had didn't work, and we had to buy new ones

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 09:12:12 »
Thank You for your replies, well it all went from bad to worse yesterday, plugged in 2nd phone (maybe I need a new one as per you cuke)and lost the interenet.
Phone in, phone out still no internet.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
So a 45 minute call to India, and a burnt stew later >:(, I gave up, they just kept talking me through the same steps over and over, so the rest of the evening was spent fuming!!
So this morning, have disconnected said livebox and am now back on my old wireless network, till I pluck up the energy and patience to call them back!!!
So far as I can se by doing this all I am losing is the free daytime calls, but am probably wrong!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Cuke

• Half Acre
  • Abbeymead, Gloucester
    • Growing Our Own
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 09:28:00 »
@Rhubarb Thrasher

Our Orange is only £5 a month because my other half has an Orange mobile phone, this seems a pretty good deal really so you may want to think about changing your mobile to Orange and seeing it it works out as a saving overall...

@Doris_Pinks
I could be horribly wrong, but you said in your original post that your line moved over to Orange on the 6th, and yesterday was the 5th which may explain why nothing was working. It may also explain why your old internet connection is still working when you plugged it back in...
Although, it all does sound a bit weird, what is the name of the Orange package you're moving to, is it Home Max? That seems to be the one your describing, in which case your line rental IS moving to Orange rather than BT so phoning BT may be the place to start, they can at least tell you if your line is with them or not now.
Once you know for sure it's with Orange and you're still able to use the phone then you'll know that at least that part of the deal is working. Then it's just a case of getting your internet working...

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 09:36:43 »
Cuke, apparently I am one of the 5% of the population who doesn't have a mobile phone  - I left my last one out in the garden during last years heatwave - on the night it decided to rain  ??? and I never bothered to get a new one, so those Mobile + Internet packages are no use to me. Yours does sound ridiculously cheap tho

Cuke

• Half Acre
  • Abbeymead, Gloucester
    • Growing Our Own
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 09:44:11 »
It was actually free to start with (although she does pay £35 a month on her mobile contract so it's a bit swings and roundabouts I guess) but then we started paying the extra £5 to get unlimited internet useage which seemed worth while.

If you're without a mobile it may still be worth thinking about getting one just to get the broadband. Paying £30 odd quid a month for a mobile with free broadband may be almost a better deal than paying say £25 a month for just broadband...

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 16:23:25 »
I'm not tempted Cuke. My most frequent caller was probably Sim Card Update, and the only time I needed one, when I fell off me bike in the middle of nowhere, I didn't have the ******** with me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal