Author Topic: Allotments in Nottingham  (Read 9702 times)

meandmine

• Not So New ...
Re: Allotments in Nottingham
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 14:43:28 »
Thanks electric landlady  :)  It wasn't the Whitemoor site I tried this morning, it was the Heathfield one.  The Whitemoor site sounds lovely.

meandmine

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 20:36:00 »
 :-\  Well, I might have hit a bit of a stumbling block already!  The allotment man phoned me back a little while ago and said that he'd been told by the council not to let his vacant plots out in case people from another site that is closing down want them, yet in the email I got from the council they said this association may have vacancies.  So now this man is going to speak to the council and get back to me.
I was also shown a half plot at the site this morning but the man on the phone said they only do full plots.  I'm all confused now  ???

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 21:55:12 »
:-\  Well, I might have hit a bit of a stumbling block already!  The allotment man phoned me back a little while ago and said that he'd been told by the council not to let his vacant plots out in case people from another site that is closing down want them, yet in the email I got from the council they said this association may have vacancies.  So now this man is going to speak to the council and get back to me.
I was also shown a half plot at the site this morning but the man on the phone said they only do full plots.  I'm all confused now  ???

Welcome to the world of allotments and councils  ;) ;D ;D
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 22:00:30 »
It's the Heathfield sie she couldn't get into. If Bestwood were nearer I'd have arranged a vist to Whitemoor as I know we have a few plots available again, albeit in woeful states.

meandmine

• Not So New ...
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 22:48:09 »
It's the Heathfield sie she couldn't get into. If Bestwood were nearer I'd have arranged a vist to Whitemoor as I know we have a few plots available again, albeit in woeful states.

Whereabouts is the Whitemoor site?  I'd be happy to travel a reasonable distance to get the right plot for my family.  All I'm looking for is somewhere friendly, somewhere that's ok about children being around (I home educate my son so he'd be with me every time, in fact this is mainly for his benefit, and the odd time he'd have a well behaved friend or his sister with him) and hopefully a plot that's not absolutely huge because I'm still wearing L plates  ;D

electric landlady

• Half Acre
  • digging, digging, digging (in Nottingham)
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 14:33:13 »
Oops sorry, got confused.

The Whitemoor site is right by the Wilkinson Street tram stop. Get off tram, walk up the road in the opposite direction from the tram depot/car park; the gate is a hundred yards or so on the right just before you get to the houses.

Hope you get somewhere soon! When I was trying to get mine, I have to say the Council wasn't much help - just gave me an out of date list of allotment committees and a map. I made contact with the right people through this site, popped down on a Sat morning to have a look/chat...the rest is backbreaking, muddy, bindweed infested history  :) I've never looked back.

meandmine

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 17:41:27 »
Thanks electric landlady, I've had a look on the map and the Whitemoor ones are actually slightly closer to me than the other ones  :)
Djbrenton, now that I know they're nearer, would it be ok for me to pop down one day and have a look around please?

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 14:34:02 »
I'll PM you my phone no as I'm not there all the time. Our gates and shop are open on Saturday mornings also so then would be a good time to come and see what's available.

meandmine

• Not So New ...
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 17:14:15 »
I'll PM you my phone no as I'm not there all the time. Our gates and shop are open on Saturday mornings also so then would be a good time to come and see what's available.

That's brilliant, thank you  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal