Author Topic: What Gets Under Your Skin?  (Read 7542 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: What Gets Under Your Skin?
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 14:56:12 »
Mothers (2 0f them) who allow their hooligans (sorry meant to say children) to run across my side garden, that's not too bad as it is mostly grass but they (the hooligans) insist on swinging on my rope/post fence and I have to keep straightening it up. Where are the Mothers? Either talking on their mobile phones or effing and blinding at the children if they don't keep up with them!!

EMAGGIE...Re jars/bottles. Easy peasy, just tap round the the edge of the lid, run under a hot tap. Works every time, honest

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 15:20:22 »
Thanks Lorna, I'll give it a try. Bovril was the latest culprit ::)
Smile, it confuses people.

RosieMcPosie

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 15:31:57 »
-people who pronounce the letter 'H' as 'hach' instead of 'ach'
-people who drive 10 miles below the speed limit in normal conditions
-bad grammar and bad use of english
-racists! or other prejudice  >:(
-prank calls- WHY?!

thats all i can think of for now... but i will be back  ::)
proud owner of a lottie since August 2007!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 17:03:05 »
1.  Children!  Why aren't there more child free zones for Meldrews like me?  Everywhere I go, there they are, being horrible bratty little megaphones.  They don't know how to behave and neither do their parents for letting them behave so badly.  I want child free shopping times, child free restaurants and cinemas etc etc.  How about an adults only town, I'd move there for sure <gg>

2.  People who insist they are right and aren't interested in hearing other people's points of view.

3.  People who try to correct the spelling, punctuation and grammar of other people when theirs is just as bad!! Hahahaha!  I laugh but it seriously does get my goat.

4.  People who choose to talk to you one day but not the next.  Then they do, then they can't be bothered, etc.  Take your schizophrenia elsewhere!

5.  Bad manners.  I don't really find it acceptable.

6.  Britain's human rights system that puts the offender/lawbreaker/criminal above the victim/natives (but don't get me started, I could be here for some time)

7.  Idiots who play the race card because they're not intelligent enough to debate or discuss.

8.  No chocolate.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 17:08:58 by SavageBlue »

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 17:16:31 »
Daughters that won`t cook Christmas dinner. Hahahahahaha!!! :D ;D :P

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 17:36:45 »
OOPS. Answer that one Sam ;D.. Mary can they manage the washing up??

GINGER

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 18:28:33 »
The two females in our household who always leave the seat down

GINGER

• Not So New ...
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 18:38:15 »
Only joking in that last post. Honest!
My pet hates are !, Americanisms, 2, Doggy poop. If dog owners only knew what it was like to get it on the wheels of a wheelchair it then get on the hands and if not careful is wheeled into the house and onto the carpets.
3, People who pa\rk across my driveway.

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 21:37:17 »
1)  People who park in parent & toddler spaces or accessible parking spaces when they are not disabled and don't have any kids!!  >:( >:(

I have just left one job and trained up my replacement.  She's perfectly able to get about, 22 and dim.  I wish I was part of the hiring process because I wouldn't have hired her, but it's not my problem now!  Anyhoo, she proudly said that she used the M&T and disabled spaces all of the time because they were closer to the shop!!   >:(  >:( 

I yelled at her as if I was her mother for her ignorance at that one  ;D

2) (Same Girl does this)  People who don't put their lights on in adverse conditions.

3) my new colleague at my new job!

She won't shut up!!!!  If someone's done it, she's done it better!!   she laughs like a hyena at the most mundane things.

And she looks like my mother!   (It's not that she looks like my mother that bothers me, its that she looks so much like my mother but doesn't act like her!!)

I'm sure there will be more.  ;D
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 22:46:24 »
Ooo yes, the above post reminded me:  parent and toddler parking spaces.  However did our parents and their parents and their parents ....... manage without them, eh?   >:( >:( ;) ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 23:01:33 »
Ooo yes, the above post reminded me:  parent and toddler parking spaces.  However did our parents and their parents and their parents ....... manage without them, eh?   >:( >:( ;) ;D

Did not need them at the corner shop. I can remember all the prams parked outside the shop with the babies in them. But they did have baby changing facilities with identical swan prams, you did not notice until you got home ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 23:10:58 »
Mozzies
Midgies
Fleas
Horseflies
Doctors Needles
My bike spokes once
Various sharp objects and glass a few times
A few surgeons
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2007, 07:28:43 »

Did not need them at the corner shop. I can remember all the prams parked outside the shop with the babies in them. But they did have baby changing facilities with identical swan prams, you did not notice until you got home ;D

But life has changed now and women don't stay home to look after the house and family, therefore we need to fit all of this AND a full time job into our daily routines.  It doesn't matter what you think about these spaces, the fact is that they are here and have been designated for use by people with young children and people who don't have kids are parking in them.

Modern life is all about making things easier for people, not just select members of the community.  The reason disabled and Parent & Toddler spaces are bigger is to allow the car doors to swing open so that you can stick your toosh out whilst strapping the kids into thier seats.   DOn't know about you but I'd rather not have dents in my doors just because someone had to squeeze into a tiny space and their door bumped mine.

I'd like to point out that now my kids are 13 and 7 I don't use these spaces as they are intended for people with babies and very young children up to about age 5, so if I did I'd be as bad as the ones who don't have kids at all!!!

Phew!  that was a lot of typing for this time of the morning!
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:22 »
Tell you what really does my flipping dinger in...car drivers who wave me across the road. Sorry but I don't want to be waved across the road I want you to get out of my majestic way so I can walk across safely at my own pace and not have you thinking you are doing me a huge favour whilst you sit behind your wheel impatiently.  Just piss off out of the way will you.

Which brings me to car drivers who use the car for every little journey that they ever think they need to make. GO AWAY! Stop clogging up my town with your filthy heap of tin...adding to the congestion and then waving me across the bloody road!! Get out and use your legs and get some of that fat off your god damned arse.  Disability excepted.

I'm talking about nipping to the local shops or to school when it's just up the road or round the corner to see your mate etc  not about using the car for work..before you think I'm picking on all you car drivers... but listen up..stop parking on the bloody paths will you! Or in front of the dropped kerbs. Nowt wants me to do a Basil Fawlty more. Keep them clear please.

Why do you need to park so close to the door of the supermaket anyway? You need the exercise,stop being so lazy (that is directed very generally and at my OH,infact everything I have written above has been said to him...lazy git lol)

Tesco supermarket at Kingston Park...it smells of mens toilets since they moved the loos near to the doors. So you won't want to park too close to that one will yer LMAO !

Mens toilets. You know that disgusting whiff you get blasted with every time the door is opened.  Bluuuueeergh!  What am I doing hanging around the lavs?? Oops maybe shouldn't have mentioned that one. Moving swiftly on.

Next "next day delivery"...load of crap.

My red glittery shoes.  They are complete barstewards. They look so good but they make you feel so bad.

Swearing without gusto.

The birthday I'm going to tomorrow. AAAAAAAARGH! I have to go in one of those stretch limo things....I will never live it down. They are evil. Mind you the birthday person doesn't drink and I'm the only other adult, I got dumped on as no one else wants to be seen dead in the thing,so ha blinking ha, very funny.I'll quaff the champers,wind the window down and swear at them...with gusto.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 10:39:01 by Heldi »

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2007, 11:11:18 »
People who dance all round a subject before they get to the point.
If I ask a question I like a direct answer, I don't like having to ask loads more questions to get to the answer.
People who sniff, and while we're about it, people who hawk. (only men it seems ::)).

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2007, 11:49:34 »
"
Why do you need to park so close to the door of the supermaket anyway? You need the exercise,stop being so lazy
"

LOL here - why is it that at all the purpose built swanky fitness clubs round here, they park outside the bays & on the verges & paths to be near the door rather than a bit further down the car park and walk a few yards?  Is it me or haven't they missed the point?
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Si D

• Acre
    • North Birmingham CTC
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2007, 12:42:09 »
The woman that has just cut my hair.
I don't mind when someone talks to me, it's being talked at that annoys.  She just talked constantly all the way through it, couldn't get a word in edge ways.  And she also thought that she was an expert in Indian Head Massage because she'd had it herself once - this led to her repeatedly poking me in the head.

Surfice to say that no tip was left (the hair cut looks fine but wasn't actually how I asked for it).  This woman seems to prove an adage oft quoted by my mate Big Vern: "If hairdressers can cut hair then anyone can". (Appologies to any hairdressers reading this who are normal people as I'm sure most are).

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2007, 17:59:28 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D from a retired Tonsorial Artiste.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 18:21:57 »
People who spit,arrogance,Mobile phones, Mac Donald's, people who are incapable of saying pleases and thankyou and virgin Media. >:(

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 20:14:19 »
People who don't write thank you letters--or am I being old fashioned ?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal