Author Topic: times dragging  (Read 1824 times)

ACE

• Hectare
times dragging
« on: August 27, 2007, 12:41:36 »
4 days to go before we set of to conquer Germany, don't time drag. I usually head north on the August bank holiday to a Harley rally. But due to recent events in the biker world,and the repercussions that will arise from it, I gave it a miss this year.

So her I am, mowing lawns, surfing the net, cutting hedges, anything to make the time pass quicker. I think I will now go and vent my spleen on the herbatious border as that is  starting to pee me off. I am going to make it into a shrubbery as couch, bindweed, and every other weed in existance is taking it over, not to mention the giant slugs and snails that are eating anything brave enough to poke its head up.

Oh well, thats another 2 minutes used up.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: times dragging
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 13:57:44 »
We have started to dig up the herbacous stuff as well.  Couch Grass has won OK both in the borders and rockeries so everything is getting the heave ho.  I am sure the time will pass for you ACE. 

;)

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 20:51:47 »
ACE, go and play a few hands of solitaire.  I find its a complete time waster/passer!!

valmarg

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 22:48:51 »
I lived in Germany for three years. Had a brill time. Went camping along the Rhine...blimey those campsite showers were cold. 

Smelly cheese,lovely sausage,brilliant beer,shuttered up windows on the houses ( Eurotrash always popped into my mind of an evening driving through the villages..all those dark mysterious houses  ;)  ;) )and the shops are always closed. Well okay,they are closed more than we are used to.

You'll have a great time  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 10:47:08 »
Ace have a great holiday. Time won't drag when you are on holiday, before you know it you will be on the way home :) :'(

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 20:18:23 »
Ave a good un Ace.   ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 17:26:54 »
2 days and counting ......

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 19:20:41 »
2 days and counting ......

You just messed up my game of solitaire.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 20:57:56 »
Why not try booking a dental appointment for an hour before you leave? The dread of the dentist will make the time fly by!!! It always does when I have to go!

cj :)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 22:23:17 »
If you are running out of ideas to pass the time, Ace, I could find a few things for you to do - housework and ironing come way down on my list of things to do, so that is one thing, then the youngest daughters bedroom needs tidying  - on second thoughts you might miss your holiday altogether if you started on that!!!
We went to Germany last year and had a great time. but still getting over seeing cigarette machines on the street.
Have a great holiday!!!!!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 07:56:54 »
Why not try booking a dental appointment

That would be a good idea for my 2009 holiday, it would take me that long to get an appointment.
cigarette machines on the street a great holiday!!!!!

The best.

housework and ironing 

Since I tried to score a few brownie points by cleaning the cooker, I have been banned. (ceramic hobs and scouring powder). Washing conditioner and a tumble drier sorts the ironing, and as ladies have smaller feet than men anything based around the kitchen sink is best left to them. (you are built to get nearer).

I am not exactly idle, a small display built for a local garden show, clearing and sorting our nursery which has suffered this summer from neglect. Then planning a new structure for my garden which will be a gazebo based on a merry-go-round with a revolving table which will sit a dozen people and a chandelier that will be so over the top with chasing lights connected to a sound system.

The other project will be a new kitchen for 'her indoors'. It will  initially be a new cooker, but from previous experience the cooker won't match the units, which will not match the sink, which will not match the floor and so on and on it will go.

If any of you men want to save money, get a man in to clean the cooker, it's a d**n sight cheaper than a tin of ajax .

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 19:44:02 »

but from previous experience the cooker won't match the units, which will not match the sink, which will not match the floor and so on and on it will go.

That shows individualism, Ace.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 22:07:26 »
ACE, whilst you are in Germany, I'm sure you will be sampling the local 'waters'!!

Try the German red wines.  You very rarely, if ever, see them in English supermarkets, but they are superb.  Soft, gentle, fruity, with not too much tannin.  The reason you don't see many over here is that the Germans keep the best for themselves.

Hope I'm not too late, but trust me they are superb.

valmarg

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 22:31:10 »
No  you are not too late, I'm still playing solitaire, I shall defo be trying the red wine, the white beer and the blue nun.
It will be a true technicoloured yawn when Ive had too much.

Good job  we are staying on one site and using the train for transport while we are there.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 19:43:38 »
When you are on the trains, a nichtrauchterabteil, is a non-smoking compartment.  Just thought you might need to know!!!

Have a wonderful holiday.

valmarg

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 12:00:02 »
Only mee!

Got back last night, smoking, drinking and eating to excess has taken its toll, but a really good rest has done the world of good. I shall go again but a week later next time as we missed the 'Rhine in flames' which looks a great show. I visited a plant breeder near Koblenz  that I had meet at a garden show and he gave me a few of next years new releases.

I must go and pick up the hound as I expect he is missing me, although last time he did not want to come home after being spoilt for a week.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2007, 10:32:40 »
Welcome back Ace.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal