Author Topic: Any chance of some rain please?  (Read 12436 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re:Any chance of some rain please?
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2004, 11:51:20 »
Thankfully the rain has stopped here now.

Just need a special OZ-DANCE to get rid of the wind. Its blowing all my pots over (and takes my breath away when i go out in it)

So please can you do something about the wind Oz mahn?

Peter H

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2004, 12:12:07 »
Stopped Richard! you lucky s*d, i have now traded in the car for a yacht to get to work, took up fish farming instead of trying to grow veggies, and traded in my rotovator for an aqualung  ;D ;D ;D .

Oz if you dont stop the rain dance then i won't give you some of my home grown  ;D ;D ;D .

Peter

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2004, 12:20:25 »
it hasn't rained so far today. It bucketed down yesterday.

I hereby choose to ignore the weathermen - the beeb says sunny today and 14mph winds. yeah, right.
gone to pot :D

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2004, 13:23:27 »
Yo peeps

me braodies have asked me the exact same thing so they have.... so here a bit of me person magic dusty to make the wind calm down just a lil bit like....

.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*.:*[/size]

life can be a nice lil rainbow is just frame of mind... I like the wind its like sweeping away loads of neg energy and better still i loves these,,,,,

..... and .....

so when the winds all diedy down..... we all up for some upside dancing?  i know I iz....

I likes dancing I does

Ozzy

:-* :-* :-*

« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 13:26:15 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2004, 15:25:34 »
Cheers OZ mahn. Wind now dropped here.

Your magicy dusty mustve worked  ;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2004, 15:34:12 »
 Hi Oz do you not get a headache dancing upside down !!!!!!!!! 8)
Not good for yer blood pressure. ::)
 Two of me best tomatoe plants got blown over in this flipping wind.

Now no more dances for rain so i can cut me grass tomorrow. ;D ;D
      Rossiebuddddie. :-*

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2004, 19:15:43 »
Yo Ro-oh -oh ose...bud

I likes upside dancing but can also boogie wiv the best of em.... as you can see!

buts best of all i prefer dancing on me head cus it gives me the chance to see things from the reality that me eyes sees it in the firsty place..cus did you know that when u look at something... its upside downy and our brains turns the thingy right way uppy?????.... well all I can say about that is... would have been  nice to have been asked???? how does me brain know that I dont like seeing thing the right way down?????? blinking blonking brain always making desisions wivout a second thought to how i may wanna see things?......  anyways its a babble alert and gosh nearly time for footie tooo.....

COME On ENGLAND

................... .................. ................... ............................. ................................ ...................................... .................
see I just cant stop...

Oz

« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 21:05:09 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2004, 03:09:38 »
Yo Rosebud

I forgot sum get well dusty for your poorly toms... what iz I like?  ::) ::) ::) ::)

anyways by the powers given to me by the dude with the right cards but in the wrong game .... I now declares ur toms to be either spiritually on the mend (just in case u enthunased them) or geting dead well dead quick like on account of me dust!!!?

so here sum dust for ur toms

.:*.:*.:*.:*.:* ::):*.:*.:*.:*.:* :*.:*.:*.:*.:*  ::):*.:*.:*.:*.:* [/size] [/color]

is mad when plants get blown down.. other day in B n Q saw tree thingy lying on the deck... mah I was like Hawaii five O on the scene.... for me number one priorty was to get other life form into the recovery possition ASAP ... and u know what?... i was amazed at the number of peeps who  just walked on by leaving the poor thing lying there in the courtyard..... that was before i got there.... must be a growing thang? hate seeing plants neglected.......... is like no one hears their voice.. and lets be fair... this government they aint gonna listen to the concerns of couch grass and sunflowers... oh no no no no no... is only us who can do it.... I listens to me veg i does and try and work it out.... aint doing too bad as me marrow is well huge   .... babble alert ........ the gardens looking busy now....... is nice and also when the winds died down to hear the first bird to sing..... i is lucky cus we has blackbirds around heres..... and to hear that through the stillness.... roll over motorhead.....

deffo babble

anyways rosebud..... here a songy for ur toms.....

Two little Toms had two little supports.............Each had a wooden/bamboo cane .................Gaily they played on a summer's day....................Warriors......... both of course...........................One little chap a mishap...........Broke off his bamboo canes head.........................Wept for his tom support........ but cried joe................When he heard his brother say.............................................................................................Do you think I could leave you crying..............................When there's room on me bamboo cane  for two................................Climb up here Jack and stop your crying...........................We'll mend your bamboo cane with glue..........................When we grow up we'll both be beesteaks.......................And our bamboo canes  will not be from B & Q..........................And maybe you will remember................................................When we were two little tom plants ....................................... ahhhhhhhh ...
defo bablble

Oz

:-* :-*

« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 17:08:35 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2004, 12:51:18 »
Is great tomato songy Oz!  :D :D :D
Muddy Boots

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2004, 16:00:49 »
Oz what can i say my toms have rallied round to the song you sung them.they look better than yesterday. ;D ;D ;D.
Oz i really did laugh at your 2 posts have to say cheered me up after England loosing  :'( :'( :'( :'(.
  Cheers Rosebud. :-* :-* :-*

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2004, 16:02:42 »
So !So glad that you're back on form Ozz! Like me Mushrooms? Magic ya know
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 16:04:09 by budgiebreeder »
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2004, 16:29:49 »
Oz I went to B Q last week and i could have wept .there were so many dying plants and flowers,i asked the assistant if somebody could water them and his reply was NAA nobody wants to work out ere! its boring, what do you reply to that answer.
So i went to customer service and said nearly all your plants are dying out there could someone water them her reply was no somebody will be putting them all in a skip tomorrow!!!!!!.we have got so many and not enough staff to send anyone out there.

Needless to say i shall never buy another plant at B Q.
I still feel i should write to there head office ,shall i  ??????.
 What a place eh!! why do they sell them if they cannot look after them.    I had better get off my soapbox now.
   see ya Rooooooooosiebuuuuuuuuudie :-* :-*

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2004, 16:33:19 »
Rosebud - it's exactly the same at my local B&Q. They had a masive sale with 25% off all plants. So I excitedly went along. Only to find out why they are having to sell them off quick... I rescued a couple of things that didn't look bad. I felt like I should report them to the RSPCP (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Plants).  :'(

I've stopped buying plants from there because of this and they are too expensive and they use peat.
gone to pot :D

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2004, 16:53:21 »
yo peeps

Is good news about Rosebuds tomatoe plants on the road back to recovery and tommery... big it up for the magic dust  8) 8) 8) 8)

Id love to work in that section in B & Q... better still my aim is to work in Nursery... okay prob big dif to being an employee rather than a visitor.... but its all thos plants around ya... mahn must be like treasure island.... and if the bosss pistes you off.... go tell it to the fucias..cus they is well understanding of the importance of employee/employer relationships and I am sure there are many other plants hold similar views as to those expressed by the fuscia... allegedly.... and what the friar is I on about?????....

yea ... goood news about your toms rosebud... keep us posted and maybe you should spend a few evening in your garden singing the song to them.... loudly so neighbours can hear you... ;D ;D ;D...

Is well nice down here.... seee is the power of postitive thinking and a good set of environlites....

anyways i iz babling but it is Fridgeday and if ya cant bable on a Fridgeday then just what day can one?????.... am glad weather has changed and the peeps can enjoy glasters this weekend.... snow patrol are there.... brill....

babble alert

Oz

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2004, 18:30:35 »
Oz I went to B Q last week and i could have wept .there were so many dying plants and flowers,i asked the assistant if somebody could water them and his reply was NAA nobody wants to work out ere! its boring, what do you reply to that answer.
So i went to customer service and said nearly all your plants are dying out there could someone water them her reply was no somebody will be putting them all in a skip tomorrow!!!!!!.we have got so many and not enough staff to send anyone out there.

Needless to say i shall never buy another plant at B Q.
I still feel i should write to there head office ,shall i  ??????.
 What a place eh!! why do they sell them if they cannot look after them.    I had better get off my soapbox now.
   see ya Rooooooooosiebuuuuuuuuudie :-* :-*

You shouldve said 'well if they are going in a skip any way let me have some' (cheap/free). Then you could've used your green fingers and revived them and sold them on for charity (those you didnt want yourself). Boo sucks to B&Q!

All the plants probably want is a good soaking and be fine. What dreadfull waste!

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2004, 21:25:46 »
Oz, I've tried to explain you to people - "outsiders" you know - but words can not suffice!!  You do me a power of good anyway as well as the plants, guess that's not people dust gathering  around my p.c. it must me Oz Dust filtering out and spreading good feelings and smiles.   ;):D

Lottie like a bog yesterday, felt such an idiot running back and fore from the tap to the g'hosue carrying cans of water and trying to hold up a brolly with the rain pounding - just to top up those greedy toms.  Dried up today and everything (especially those weeds) putting on massive growth.  Rain forecast for tomorrow I think - please nooooo .....
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 21:29:07 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2004, 13:36:44 »
OZ man, can we pleeese have a 'sunshine and showers dance rather than just a rain or sun dance?

Nice bit od sun for gardening, showers to keep the garden watered.

Thanks  ;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2004, 14:07:18 »
 Richard it was pitiful to see the plants just left to die,because of a want of a drink...............I did ask last time for reduced plants that were just left to die and i got a resounding no so i dident ask this time.  I will not shop there for plants again...........
What i have decided to do is take my camera down there and send some photos to the head office and see what they think ,i am still so cross about it............Rosebud. >:(

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2004, 16:41:04 »
I know this is a bit off-topic, but I personaly have a love/hate relationship with B&Q over plants.

Generaly i have avoided shopping there for plants (i have nearer garden centres which are better if a bit pricey). What I have grown from there I have had mixed results with.  Firstly when planting up a new shrub border i wanted a Viburnum tinus, and found one at B&Q which i bought and planted over a year ago. The plant at first seemed healthy and vigourous. Then we had theat long dry summer last year and whils the plant was watered, it has noe trived and is now the same size as when i bought it and not looking as happy. V. tinus i thought were supposed to be bomb proof shrubs and of course i cannot prove any thing, but the fact that it camer from B&Q does not help. On a different note we were given a rose a few months ago, bought from B&Q. This has thrived and has begun to flower already. My only criticism is that the checkout staff removed the label so i dont know what variety it is! Pink and highly double is all i know about it.

The point is you CAN get good plants from there but you can also get duff ones as well.  Overall though i prefer to go elsewhere for plants. For other garden products though they are pretty good value it think.

At least in this weather the B&Q plants will be getting a drink of sorts!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal