Author Topic: Greenfly in the office ! Please Help  (Read 1913 times)

Tinkie_Bear

• Acre
  • D'oh !!
Greenfly in the office ! Please Help
« on: July 27, 2007, 09:37:19 »
On my office windowsil I have a beautiful little Medusa chilli - trouble is she has greenfly. 

Every morning I come in and the poor little thing is covered so I spend some time squishing them and trying to clean her up, I am fighting a loosing battle and have no idea how to help her more.

Something in the back of my mind says go and catch some lady birds but I might be getting confused. 

Anything advise you can offer would be appreciated, little Medusa is suposed to cheer us up and this is bringing me down.

Thanks in advance

Helen

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Greenfly in the office ! Please Help
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 11:07:08 »
Pity it's a smokeless zone - nicotine might have put them off?

Surprised you can't keep up with them on a 'litttle plant'. If really little, dunk it upside down in a bucket of soapy water?

Tinkie_Bear

• Acre
  • D'oh !!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 11:34:30 »
Thanks Tim,

I will give her a little bath in my lunch hour - when I say little it's all relative, compared to some of my chillis at home she is tiny, 7" across and about 5" high (yes I have just measured her!!!)

Would taking her out for a smoke break help?

Thanks again

Helen

Oldmanofthewoods

• Half Acre
  • Summer's Here!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 11:52:31 »
Stick her in the sink and spray with water.  Should knock the little perishers off.  other than that.......keep squishing.
Jack's in the Green.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 11:55:34 »

Something in the back of my mind says go and catch some lady birds but I might be getting confused. 

Don't think the ladybirds would like it too much in an office  :( :(
The Tuscan Beaneater

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 10:46:49 »
I bought a little vacuum thing suitable for hoovering the dust from inside the computer case. Instead of using it for that purpose, I have been hoovering up the greenfly on my indoor plants. There is a satisfying sound when they get sucked in!
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal