Author Topic: A few garden pics taken today  (Read 2262 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
A few garden pics taken today
« on: June 17, 2007, 17:56:40 »
The garden had a wild look this morning and I swear everything has grown at least a foot since last weekend.  I've had to cut back a lot of the plants because I couldn't actually get down the garden path (lawn).   ::)   Anyway I was pleased to see my first Lily Lollipop out today (even if something has been having a nibble) and my first ever summer hanging basket is beginning to look colourful.  The Sweet Peas are a dwarf trailing variety called Sugar 'n' Spice and there is a Fuchsia Ton Thumb buried in the middle!   ;D  The Aquilegias continue to charm me, as does Fuchsia Lotty Hobbie which has tiny flowers in profusion.  The fern is growing well now and continues to compliment the Lychnis.  The Ox-eye Daisies are huge now and a real insect magnet.  Finally the Pelagonium is called Candy Dancer and has beautiful rose-secented leaves.  G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: A few garden pics taken today
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 21:16:39 »
They're lovely Georgie.  An inspiration to us all, I wish our garden was as colourful.
The Tuscan Beaneater

jo9919

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 21:24:47 »
They're all looking great Georgie.

I especially like your hanging basket.

Jo.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 21:43:12 »
Just beautiful Georgie. I love that Lily and the Candy Dancer Pelargonium. In fact I just like all the plants, nothing to dislike IMO. Thank you for sharing.
Lorna.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 23:56:17 »
I like that fern do you know its name?

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 16:20:14 »
Thanks everyone.   ;D

Tee Gee the fern is Dryopteris erythrosora.  Only the new foliage has that coppery hue then it turns bright green.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 21:28:27 »
G - they are just beautiful, the fuschia is gorgeous, as is the hanging basket and the lily!  Well, let's be honest, they're all great  ;)   ;D
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 21:30:41 »
Aww thanks Kitten, long time no speak.  Hope all's well with you?

G x

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 21:36:15 »
Hiya, all's well here, hope same with you?  Just been so busy  :o  Hope the family are well, how's the baybee  :-*
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

calamityjayneuk

• Half Acre
  • Stanley, Co Durham
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 21:48:37 »
HI Georgie

Lovely pics, I especially like teh dwarf sweet peas, I will have to look out for them next year
When I'm not working, I'm diggin' or craftin'

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 22:00:48 »
That's good to hear kitten, all's well here ty.  The baybee is just fine.  Here's a pic I took today.   ;D

Thanks CJ.  I got them from St Giles Nursery.  They are well worth a Google.   :)

x

Sabretooth

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 17:50:09 »
Hey, G :)
Lovely garden... well cared-for plants.

Here are my old roses before they had to come out (far too much blackspot :(boo) and replaced with herbs.

Sabre :)
Green Paws :D

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 18:04:46 »

Thanks CJ.  I got them from St Giles Nursery.  They are well worth a Google.   :)

x

Were the babies on special offer at the Nursery?  Think I'll get one myself  ;D

Beautiful flowers, Georgie.  That Aquilegia looks too good to be true  :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 19:37:40 »
Hi Sabre and thanks.  I think you are very wise to replace your roses with herbs.  Roses are more trouble than they are worth IMHO.   ;D

Hi Mary.  I'm collecting seeds from the Aquis so I'll be happy to send you some later in the year.  I can't remember exactly how much the Sweet pea plugs were - about 35p each I think - but they were certainly very good value.

G x

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 20:20:11 »
Thank you Georgie, I would love some seeds - I just love Aquis - I've got purple & white so some of yours would be a great addition.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal