Author Topic: winter seed swap parcel via Natasha  (Read 13862 times)

natasha

• Half Acre
Re: winter seed swap parcel via Natasha
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 18:36:46 »
Sorry, this is the order:
Jeannine
Creckless
Suzanne
markfield rover
SueSteve
Irish-Digger
CityChick
Brogusblue
Flowerlady
purple sprouting
Rosyred
Goldendaisy
sarah
Jitterbug
Biscombe
Natasha

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2007, 18:48:31 »
Oh me. well I better get sorted at this end.

Any specific requests, gimme a clue here. What are you hoping for.

I have a goodly amount of seeds, too many for me,so yell out before it gets here.

Natasha, did yout tomatoes arrive yet??

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 19:02:37 »
Jeannine Hi
I do believe you have the odd seed or two! would that include mooli? I will be adding flowers sweet willies ,sweet peas etc
of to rummage thru me drawers ,actually it's 14  drawer card index cabinet and that does not include what is being sown this season.
Do you think there is a special retirement home where we will all meet up?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2007, 19:04:47 »
I got Mooli, I will pop some in

anything else ??
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

natasha

• Half Acre
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2007, 19:05:41 »
Oh Gosh,
Jeannine, I didn't know you sent me something. Thank you very much, I'm sorry I didn't reply to your PM earlier, I got a bit carried away with sorting out winter parcel seeds,  are your tomato seeds already there?

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 20:17:33 »
Looking through the seed catalogue I am intrigued by wierd shaped and coloured veg!! e.g. white carrots, round courgettes, those green pointy caulis etc. I am also doing a list of things that I would like to try, that aren't very common - hamburg parsley, salsify, scozo (whatever), amaranth etc. So if anyone has any 'weird' seed that they have tried and decided to give up on, I would be interested.
Oh and one more, I love stripey pyjamas! I used to buy them locally, but havent seen any for a few years. I would like to grow some, but cant find the seed either.
Just a few ideas!!
(Not that its all winter, sorry)
Sue
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 20:26:57 »
Natasha, I don't think I did, that is my point,I couldn't remember if I had sent them or not,I think I was waiting to hear if  Hillbilly's and Gypsy Pepper seeds was what you wanted or was there something else.Don't worry I will do them tomorrow. Your tomatoes seeds got here,I did let you know, but you have been so busy.XX Jeannine

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 20:36:37 »
Sue, I can put a bit of salsify,scorzo,white carrotts and yellow carrotts I don't have the other though. What about purple brussel sprouts and purple and orange cauli,I am not sure how much I have of those but I will try.

Just looking through my file,

Yellow beetroot,striped beetroot,black radish,red cabbage,black and red kale,rainbow chard,bulls blood greens.

I will put a selection of general winter stuff in too

XX Jeannine

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 08:04:44 »
Wow, that sounds interesting Jeanine, thank you ;D
I was telling my husband about all the 'interesting' veg, (going through the organic seed catalogue). His reply was, dont you want to grow normal stuff!!!
I said yes, but this as well, he laughed!!
Sue
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 17:05:12 »
Parcel arrived here this afternoon just after I got back from the lottie in tears, we have lost so much stuff in the flood that we thought was OK the other day.Much of what I was putting in the parcel is going to have to be replanted and until I can do it I am not sure what I have spare now.

I have sent the parcel on rather than hold it up , of course I have not taken anything out of it as that would be unfair,it is just as it arrived here.

When I get my head back on, I will figure out what I have spare and post them on the swap page.

Have fun looking through, I daren't look actually  as I would have been tempted and then would have held everybody up and winter stuff you need to be getting in quickly. It should be with the next person on Saturday.

XX Jeannine

I will make a note of the couple of requests I had and get back to those folk as soon as I can.

XX Jeannine

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 20:38:29 »
So sorry for you Jeannine. :'(

I hope you manage to get some more late crops sown to cover at least some of your losses. I'll pray for a summer like last years, which lasted right through autumn....and then all your veg will have time to catch up. ;)

(((((May I suggest that we add Jeannine back onto the list further down the line....so maybe she will get the benefit of some of the later-crop seeds which will have accumulated in the parcel????))))

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 20:58:09 »
Oh Creckless, that is so sweet, but it is OK, I have enough I think , I just have to go through everything a bit more carefully,  I didn't expect to be having to sow a whole bunch more as I was well ahead of things. I keep looking at the box with my seeds in and the enthusiasm that we feel at the start of a season just isn't there right now. I love to share my seeds, right now I don't even want to look at them.

I love that feeling of sorting and planning usually.

John and I have had a chat and we are wondering wether to even bother  this year now, but I suspect we will feel differently in a few days.

That was  a lovely thought, thank you, but there will be more swaps so not to worry.

XX Jeannine

Rain is forecast for the next 7 days here.

Natasha, I meant to put you toms and peppers in the parcel and completely
forgot, can you send me your addy again and I will pop them in the post as soon as I can.

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2007, 21:35:26 »
Please dont give up this season, Jeannine!

I'm late sowing plenty of things this year, as I am doing a final year Open Uni course (which I'm also behind on!). But everything catches up nicely. My french beans sown 2 1/2 weeks ago look exactly the same as those sown 5 weeks ago. Not sure how it happened....but nature usually has a way of triumphing over adversity. ;D (but slugs and snails....well that's a different matter!)

Its not too late to sow many things. Give it a go. ;)

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 08:48:13 »
Jeannine ,come on girl, Yorkshire grit! all those seeds awaiting to do their bit for you. sow something today you will feel better for it.

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 09:11:08 »
Jeannine ,come on girl, Yorkshire grit! all those seeds awaiting to do their bit for you. sow something today you will feel better for it.
Hello

Sow some seeds and will make you feel better and according to the weather forcast we should have a mini heatwave on the way believe it when the rain stops as "Creckless" said add your name later on in the list you know you want to, As you are the "Queen of the Seeds" and show some of that yorkshire spirit.

We all rooting for you Jeannine
Cheers
Brogusblue
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 09:15:52 by Brogusblue »
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 17:12:21 »
Sorry to hear about your plants Jeannine. Please don't give up, I know it al looks bad now, but with your unusual enthusiasm I'm sure you can pull it off.
Sue
Sue

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2007, 20:57:54 »
Jeannine - really sorry to hear about the floods and loss of your plants. I hope you have enough seeds and time to recover - if there is any late season seeds I amy be able to help with let me know.

natasha

• Half Acre
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2007, 08:22:29 »
I hope that the parcel is with Creckless now. Please, can you let us now how things are going. ;)

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2007, 14:40:35 »
The seed parcel arrived yesterday afternoon. ;D

However, I've been plagued by a broken sewage pump station which has caused flooding in my garden and have been sand-bagging my veg bed to prevent contamination.  :(

I'll sort through this evening an send the parcel on its way.

Sorry for the delay.

natasha

• Half Acre
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2007, 15:06:47 »
Oh Dear,
Creckless, I hope it is not as bad as it sounds and I hope that you'll enjoy the seeds in the parcel!

Kind Regards,
Natasha

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal