Author Topic: winter seed swap parcel via Natasha  (Read 13903 times)

gerbera

• Half Acre
Re: winter seed swap parcel via Natasha
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 08:21:25 »
The parcel was posted yesterday afternoon. It should arrive in Warwickshire today....and escape any delay due to the upcoming postal strike!

Enjoy!

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2007, 21:01:10 »
Keeping a look out for it - didn't arrive this morning so I am hoping for Monday.  ;D

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 07:23:47 »
I've just heard that there is a postal strike today, until midday, so I dont know if we will be getting any post today!!
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

natasha

• Half Acre
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 08:41:58 »
Oh Dear, what a time to do the parcel. When I started it I thought it will be fun, but now with all this rain killing plants and postal strikes I don't think it brings joy to people.
 :-[

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 09:11:52 »
you couldnt have known about the strike and the weather is obviously a law unto itself. these are wonky times, and getting anything nice inthe post these days is a joy. we will all have to be patient. it was and still is a good idea. :-*

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2007, 10:34:25 »
Yes, we may be having bad weather and postal strikes, but the parcel will cheer us up!
Sue
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

natasha

• Half Acre
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2007, 12:12:33 »
Sarah and SueSteve,
Thank you for all your support. :-*

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2007, 19:45:46 »
The parcel should be with you by now! ???

I'll ask my friendly helpful postie if he's any idea why its taking so long. (He is an absolute star....even personally redirects my mail to my mums house when I'm on my holiday)

Hope the parcel is not lost!!!

Hopefully it will just be the postal strike and dreadful weather that's caused the hold up. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, there's plenty of seeds in there that can be started off in July/August and beyond. ;)

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2007, 22:05:41 »
No sign of the parcel yet - but on ordering things from ebay today there was a warning of postal delays due to combination of back log from strike and floods. I am off work tomorrow so will harass the post man. Ever since he delivered my sickle last week he has been very respectful!!

I am really looking forward to this Natasha - I love rummaging through different seeds and being able to try a few new ones. Thanks

8) Wishful thinking - does anyone know a sun dance

gerbera

• Half Acre
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2007, 22:19:22 »
 ;D ;D ;D

My postie was rather worried about the Azada which he delivered to me last week....he said he felt like the grim reaper!  ;D

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2007, 10:17:20 »
There's a thought a vintage grass scythe would really give my postman the heebie jeebies.

But good news parcel arrived this morning so will rummage and swap quickly and try and get it in the post this afternoon or at the latest tomorrow morning to markfield rover.

8) hasn't rained here for a whole 12 hours!  :o :o :o

natasha

• Half Acre
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2007, 10:55:01 »
That is a very good news! :) :) :)

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2007, 12:28:50 »
Yippee! I will be dressed in the morning then, would not want to frighten postie or horses.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2007, 09:51:11 »
Thanks Suzanne it is here ,lovely! good to to see flowers too. It is useful to see some of the different seed companies
like the look of' Real seed'. Off for a rummage and will try to post on to SueSteve today failing that first thing Friday.
Thanks Natasha, what larks. Perhaps I ought to put my money where my mouth is and do a flower  parcel !

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2007, 13:50:15 »
Thanks Markfield rover.
It didnt arrive today, so I'll look out for it in the morning :)
Sue

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2007, 14:00:29 »
Sorry did not make post office yesterday did not have car and with all the rain if I'd walked the seeds would
have germinated.Good news posted today 9am first class, in theory you are 40 mins away but the parcel will probably
go via Dundee. Your in for a treat,get all your little bags ready.

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2007, 06:04:41 »
Morning,
I think the parcel has gone via somewhere!!
It didn't arrive yesterday, so I will look out for it tomorrow.
Sue
Sue

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2007, 09:49:41 »
If it doesn't I have the certificate of posting!Fingers crossed.

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2007, 17:06:10 »
WeyHey!!!
Got home, the seed parcel has arrived, and also on the doorstep was my 5free lavenders and 6 free climbers from Gardeners World Magazine :)
I will do 'my thing' with the seed parcel and get it back into the post after work tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks everyone
Sue
Sue

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2007, 16:42:49 »
Hi,
The parcel is in the post, first class, can't remember the person I sent it to!!!!
But Barns rings a bell!!!
Sue
Sue

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal