Author Topic: Question for Dan re swear words  (Read 7188 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Question for Dan re swear words
« on: March 24, 2007, 16:55:23 »
Dan, I often see words on here, not just in the watershed that are a bit ripe to me , I am not moralising here but I find it a bit odd that on the two occasions I have used  a  certain  word  you have put stars in and taken letters out. eg   d**n    (you will no doubt take out the letters    a  ,   m  ,   n    ,)

I know I was out of the country a long time but is that a really bad word. I can't say the f word,or the the c word, I just couldn't. I can't say either of  the 2 b words either. I can't even say the f word meaning wind which I see all the time.

I am confused,please someone tell me , about  the d*** word( as in d*** and blast) as  is one I do use, am I being really bad without realising it.. This is a serious question by the way. I shall stop using it if it on a bad word list somewhere . HELP
XX Jeannine
XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Question for Dan re swear words
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 17:24:30 »
Contraction for "Damnation" Jeannine... use your own judgement... did it get through the filter without censoring?

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 17:32:56 »
(low-voiced testosterone-fuelled reply here......Dan in Drag looks ever such a lot like me  ::))

Jeannine, you go with the flow on this one....the automatic censor's bananas. and possibly American bananas?...and furthermore it's got a FILTHY mind ::)....but if you can get over the barrier, it's really great fun :) I sort of think on some sites the Webowner can add/delete to the 'banned' list?

But why give Dan loads more work?.....don't think you'd have many takers there :-\

Me, I've wanted 'housework' to come up all starred and verboten for a long time now....

I hate h******rk, me  ;D

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 17:54:28 »
one of the dance forums that belong to changes the word for a female dog beginning with a 'b' to pregnant dog !

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 17:57:54 »
Jeannine I don't think any word you post will offend any member. As Lish has said.. automatic censoring (I think). Sometimes I have wondered why a certain word has been censored, obviously a reason. I don't think Dan would have the time to do the censoring as he always seems so busy.
Yes now and again there are a few ripe words but when you think how many members are on A4A we (IMHO) we do have a great site to enjoy.
So if d**n is a favourite you go ahead and use it ;D
Lorna.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 18:00:22 »
Well, fancy that, I had no idea it was autommatic, no problem Dan. I fit is not a bad word I won't worry about using it in public now, I shall just find a new one for on here.. Oh knickers, I spelt auomatic wrong  XX Jeannine

Thank you for educating me.

By the way the b word for female dog is not used in North America, I always found that funny at dog shows...I wonder if it will go on here. lets try, this is fun now

pregnant dog

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 18:02:04 »
It did it all by itself.Xx Jeannine

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 18:04:54 »
Oh I should just add, I don't mind the use of ripe words, I just can't do them, I think I expect a thunder bolt!! When I was kid I remember standing in front of the mirror and trying the f word, I just  couldn't get it out.

XX Jeannine

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 18:29:51 »
It is ludicrous to substitute "pregnant dog" for the word which means female dog.  Why not just use, er, "female dog"?

And I cannot understand why we aren't allowed to mention a male chicken either.  Or a girl thingy cat.  (See what I mean? Personally I find their alternative much more offensive! ;D)

Shirley

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 19:26:07 »
We have a pub in this town called "The Black B**ch" (I had to type the * as I put the full word and the censor changed it to pregnant dog!)

Gillysdad

• Half Acre
  • Gateshead.
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 19:33:40 »
The joke about Tony Blair got through unchanged......for now. ;D ;D ;)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 20:55:19 »
Do you mean I can't write girl thingy Willow

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 20:56:18 »
Can I write Puss in Boots

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 20:59:13 »
This is a gardening forum and I can't write   P    U     S      S      Y     Willow..

It comes out as girl thingy Willow

What if I do girl thingy Willow                   

I can't make up my mind if this is fun or daft, I could spend hours on here just trying it

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 21:04:20 »
So I can write                     p   u   s   s                          puss

But I can't  write                 p  u   s   s   y                      girl thingy

And I can't write                 p   u   s    s   i   e                girl thingy 

If I try the last two it changes it to    girl thingy

Oh I just have to stop laughing,this is too much for me, shows how much I know about forums

XX Jeannine

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 21:22:12 »
Laughing so much here it hurts!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 21:23:26 »
What hurts, I bet you can't write it XXX Jeannine....Mine hurts too

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 22:17:55 »
Jeannine

P u s s y willow are blue t i t are  the two things that make me boil on this gardening  site.
Personally i find it ridiculous as they are of course used in context and it spoils the train of thread when the words are substituted.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 22:20:04 »
But I have learned from you I have only to put one space between and it works, thank you,it is b l o o d y daft isn't it.  Do they censor the Pm,s too XX Jeannine

gary

• Half Acre
  • Hull East Yorkshire
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2007, 22:34:57 »
It's all madness I use the screwfix plumbers forum and you cannot use stopcock.

Gary

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal