Author Topic: Question for Dan re swear words  (Read 7186 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Re: Question for Dan re swear words
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2007, 23:26:43 »
It's all madness I use the screwfix plumbers forum and you cannot use stopcock.

Gary
Have just told my heating engineer OH there is a screwfix plumbing forum. I wonder what there isn't a forum for!

A woman i work with is such a pregnant dog, she really gets on my nerves. She just goes on and on about her girl thingy cats and never buys biscuits. Sorry, just testing it out!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2007, 23:42:55 »
ROFLMAO  ;D ;D ;D.

Tricia

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 10:04:46 »
Sites using this software all have the same prudery so it's probably hardwired into it. Whether 'd**n' is that bad or not probably depends on the context. The original meaning (under God's curse) is pretty strong, but only if you're religious. 'Halaky', the equivalent in my wife's language (I bet that won't be censored) is about the worst thing you can say about someone.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:07:10 by Robert_Brenchley »

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 10:26:27 »
This nonsense about censoring/substituting 'naughty' words would be funny if it wasn't so bloody stoopid - and d**n annoying!

TESTING! TESTING!

My dog is a pregnant dog and was spayed when very young so she has never been, nor ever will be, a pregnant dog.

My dogs are both bitches and were spayed when very young so have never been, nor ever will be, pregnant dogs.

A lesson here, I think. The censor doesn't understand plurals.
Therefore, should you ever wish to describe someone/something as a 'b i t c h' - (without the silly spacing) -   you could try 'half of a pair of bitches' !!!!

So......... bloody, bloody, bloody - just because I can.  ;D
Good grief.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 10:27:11 »
The forum I managed can be word controlled but apart from some obvious filth I don't want on, I leave the control of content to my mature contributors.
I trust it will remain that way but Dan has to keep an eye on hundreds of contributors here and there's always a rogue around when you're not watching.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2007, 10:38:07 »
Going back to   d a m n . I do live my life  very much in  keeping wth my faith which is Mennonite, but the word  d a m n   on it's own I didn't have a problem with . If it was followed by another word  I would   be damning  something or somebody , then it would be different,as  I am usually refferring to myself when I use it and I don't add 'me'  I have never felt bad about using it.  I was surprised to see it censored which is why I asked if it was on a bad word list.

It does seem a wee bit silly to censor words that have been in use for centuries because someone has now chosen to take that word and turn it into something else.

What if the word baggage was to be struck off, it was a Victorian insult.

We would all end up with starry letters.

My favourite  bad words have been d a m n, blasted,poo,shush,bother,nuts, and hush your mouth. I winder if these will be bad soon !!!!

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 11:15:58 »
you can't use your 6th word on its own Jeannine because it must include a Government Health Warning.

Hope this clarifies matters.

Lish

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2007, 11:24:03 »
 ;D

The sixth word contravenes Masters Variation, and if we are playing Tessler's rules the 4th applies.

Ooops! Is this not Mornington Crescent?

Coat on, gone..

;)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 11:27:20 »
Well that.'s me down to 4 now XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 12:10:05 »
I have been contemplating this post and am wondering what other crimes I may have accidently committed over my time on the forum.

I am sure I have used several poitically incorrect words and would like to apologise to the those folks who I may have offended.

To the person who sent me the pumpkin seeds which produce naked shells. I am sorry I thanked you for the bald seeds,I should have said

"Thank you for the follicularly challenged seeds you kindly sent me "

To the person who I suggested that their corn crop would fail if planted in cold soil I should have said.

"Your sweet corn seeds will have defferred success if planted too early."

To the gentleman who said farting in a water butt gives us good liquid manure,to which I jokingly answered. " a fart in a water butt,thats disgusting". I apologise,I should have said..

" An ecological incorrect anatomical expression in a water butt is disgusting"

To my answer to a joke in the Watershed referring to a homeless person I should have said

" In regards to the residentially flexible individual"

Likewise in the Watershed, I apologise for any offence caused when I used the phrase " dirty old man" when I should have said

"Sexually focused,chronologically gifted individual

Finally, to the poster who advocates chopping bits of folks if they commit crimes,I apologise for calling you igorant ,I should of course have said,

"I disagree with your factually unencumbered  ideas"

Have I forgotten anyone, please contact me via the forum and I will correct it

XX Jeannine

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2007, 12:16:06 »
 ;D

It's no good: I have to see if hell and damnation are still available for sinners like me..!

And apparently they are.  ;)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2007, 12:44:27 »
What a load a b..(they both bounce)..lls i for one will still be using the word Hollyhocks whether ya like it or not.  :-X... ;)

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2007, 13:03:56 »
Is it all right to say poppycock? 

Apparently so.

This censorship thing (NOT thingy!!) deprives us of some very versatile words.  Take, for example, this excellent wikipedia article on "mens bits"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/mens bits

There, you see, it's even altered the link.  In place of "mens bits", you need to put a word that rhymes with "rowlocks".

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2007, 13:49:56 »
Will somebody please send me a PM with a few banned words on it, I just have to know if it is censored off there too XX Jeannine

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2007, 14:33:15 »
Finally, to the poster who advocates chopping bits of folks if they commit crimes,I apologise for calling you igorant ,I should of course have said,

"I disagree with your factually unencumbered  ideas"

ROFL!!! Brilliant Jeannine! - you're really on a roll, aren't you?

(not that I'm in any way inferring you're molecularly over-endowed,  of course).. :o

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 14:41:54 »
If that is suggesting that I have 2  large blue birds and a over sized  donkey you are absolutely right !!!!

XX Jeannine

bennettsleg

• Hectare
  • hertford, herts. 2 windowsills, no greenhouse
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 15:38:07 »
It had never occurred that online censorship was infact a rich opportunity to develop euphemisms and cram up on medical terminology.

And what's all this "girl thingy" substitute?!  "girl THINGY"???!!! What's wrong with female genitalia, ladies' private parts or the more clinical option of pudenda.  ANYTHING but "thingy".

I believe we are all adults on this forum (may be wrong, please say if you are under 18).  There are some words which, like other people, I loathe and object to and it is correct to create an atmosphere that all members feel comfortable using, but to revert to nursery language is.... <dumfounded>

I feel that the greatest developers of euphemisms relating to genitalia, sexuality and/or sexual acts are men. Try eavesdropping on a load of blokes and a dictionary can be required! (But that's probably because I'm a woman and not supposed to overhear a load of cricket players' who are out for the evening! ;D ;D ;D)

When on holiday last year, Sis-in-law & I gave our men the task of naming 100 known euphemisms for p e n i s*. The list had to be completed in one rather drunken evening.  They succeeded and were still coming up with additional names the next day...  Mmm, maybe that's just an indictment of our men  :-[ ;D

*Aaargh!! turned into blooming "thingy" again!  I note that any male genitalia simply gets transposed for simply "thingy".  Why not "male thingy"? ::) ;D

Excuse me, just having visions of what an forum-based Ann Summer's party would end up looking like! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2007, 15:55:06 »
 ;D ;D ;D i was feeling really down today cuz my******* legs painfull, my ******* armpit is cuz my******* crutch i can,t get up my ****** lotty  now you all made my ******* ribcage hurt as well  ;D ;D ;D
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2007, 15:59:28 »
othermarg. I am so sorry as this is all my fault. If your ....jerky movements....ribs are hurting, perhaps you should stop ....dripping red stuff...... laughing

XX Jeannine

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2007, 16:05:35 »
you have no idea how much ******* better i feel for it  this site should be on the NHS sorry sorry  i,v just said a swear wordmarg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal