Author Topic: Getting a hose into a greenhouse  (Read 2079 times)

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
Getting a hose into a greenhouse
« on: March 26, 2007, 12:56:28 »
I have just skip gathered a 40 gallon header tank which I can put on top of some existing waterbutts to catch water coming of my greenhouse roof. An overflow from this would then allow excess water into the butts below.

This header tank would be about 4' off the ground and has a bottom pipe that I could fit a hose to. I would like to then feed this hose back into the greenhouse but as its on a solid base I am stumped for ideas other than taking out a piece of glass and fitting with plastic +hole.

Also would would this be more beneficial as a watering hose or as a slow release seeping pipe thingy (and if so any tips)

Glow

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
Re: Getting a hose into a greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 18:18:38 »
Definitely been out in the sun too long today - I read this because I thought you wanted to know how to get a horse into a greenhouse.

Doh!

By solid base, do you mean concrete?  The only thing I could think of is to break up a bit of the base & lay a pipe through the base and concrete it back in then feed the hose through the piece of pipe?  It will make a nice tunnel for mice to get in tho'
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 19:45:01 »
Replace the smallest pane of glass with a piece of perspex, then melt a hole to fit the hose. Or look at one of the corners to see if you have enough room to drill a hole for a spiggot of copper pipe, then join the hose on the outside and a tap on the inside.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 07:30:19 »
Definitely been out in the sun too long today - I read this because I thought you wanted to know how to get a horse into a greenhouse.

sorry, i haven't got anything constructive to add to the thread, but that just cracked me up !

There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal