Author Topic: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!  (Read 65618 times)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« on: February 23, 2007, 18:35:40 »
Not sure if this is a good idea or not or whether anyone will use this thread?

But how about we just post 'general chit-chat' on here about any topic we want, just to say hello, tell other people what we've been up to today (gardening-wise or otherwise) It could be like a communal blog that is 'allowed' to go off-topic!

I sometimes want to tell everyone what I've been up to on the allotment but can't find a thread to post it on. And sometimes I want to complain about my mother  ;D

Shall we give it a go? I'll start - obviously  ;D

Haven't been up to allotments today, I went to see my mother. It was stressful!

Good news on the allotment front though. After the winds demolished 2 greenhouses on allotment no. 2 and I was ready to give it up, I found a lovely mum @ my son's nursery school who wanted to share it!

And after deciding that I was definitely giving up allotment no. 3 (a fruit orchard with a romany caravan on it) we found ANOTHER mum (her best friend) who wanted to share the 3rd one  ;D

So now we're planning all sorts of things for the 3 kids to do (who are already friends anyway) and a HUGE party for the summer!

All's well that ends well in Trixieland!

I'm a bit miffed about all the rain we've been having. I want to get on and DIG!

What have you all been up to lately?

The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 18:41:56 »
Hello? Anybody there?????  ;)

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 18:57:13 »
Hello I,m out here we went to chippenham today and I found a wilko,s!I,v read about the barguins at this shop and I soon filled a basket but when I got home I found the seeds I thought were 39p bogof were £3.25 and £2.65 Igot the cheaper ones free though I,m a real cheapskate when it comes to seeds so I expect great things from these
margaret :-[
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

tabbycat

• Half Acre
  • Woking, Surrey
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 19:34:24 »
I've got a really bad cold at the moment so I did nothing at all today except sit on the sofa all cold & achy, whilst watching really rubbish day-time telly that becomes strangely addictive after a day or two.

Have rediscovered Midsommer Murders - how fantastically fab is that programme? (Actually I'm ill & delusional - take no notice of that last remark)

Also got phoned by a man who I asked about some old bricks - he's got 200 of them for me - now I can make my cold frame! :)

I saw my mother on Sat - that was stressfull too.

Tabby

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 20:01:59 »
I've been watching Masterchef Goes Large lately and reading the fun threads on the Beeb Food Boards.....'Toad' Torode & Greg Fatty Pastie join in - Pastie writes some blinding pastiches on Queen songs...hilarious ;D

Dodging showers pebble-dashing my lawn the other day...cut out a path in the grass and dashed round finding pebbles in the beds to stamp into the mud. Works a treat, it does 8)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 20:02:51 »
Trixiebelle, thats a great idea from you.  Your 'original' postings used to be hilarious and I looked forward to reading your 'doings' as did many others.  I will try to add to your thread now and then.
I have loads of probs. with my mother too but only share her 'doings' with close friends.  She isn't as bad as she used to be now that she is almost 90 but I have had one hell of a life with her.  I haven't been doing much today, a spot of shopping while OH went to a Model Railway Exhibition in Glasgow.  I once went to one of them but lost OH cos I found that all the men more or less looked the same from behind.  Losing their hair with glasses perched on the end of their noses.  So, no way hosey was I going to subject myself to another watching choo choos going round in circles.
Hope others add to this thread and keep it going, we will see.
 ;D ;D ;D

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 20:14:19 »
TheOtherMarg: That's a bit unusual for Wilkos (anything for sale over 99p) Take them back to the shop!

Tabby! I can't watch Midsummer Murders for longer than 30 minutes! It confuses me. I once tried to watch an episode where someone was murdered and put down a well on the village green. I needed counselling and wouldn't go near water for 6 months. ITV has a lot to answer for.

Carol! Thank you for the compliment. But it's not 'my' thread .... I thought it could belong to everybody? XX

My mother is a 'strange being' ... a couple of years ago she asked me, in all sincerity: "Do your dogs bark when you're at work"

I replied: "Hang on, I'll ask them!"

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 20:20:20 »
> I haven't been doing much today, a spot of shopping while OH went to a Model Railway Exhibition in Glasgow.  I once went to one of them but lost OH cos I found that all the men more or less looked the same from behind.  Losing their hair with glasses perched on the end of their noses.  So, no way hosey was I going to subject myself to another watching choo choos going round in circles>

ROFPMSL! It's this sort of post that makes me glad to be single  ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 20:54:55 »
And soon to be seen on a computer screen near you? Jamie Oliver's latest book Naked Chef 2.......someone at the publishing company sent it whizzing round the Internet......

nice recipes in there too :o

jo9919

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 21:50:56 »
I can sympathise with you Tabbycat. I'm full of cold too, but had to do my ironing today. It took nearly all day, one stroke with the iron and the next stoke a hanky up to my running snout!!!

Spent the rest of the day slagging off my M-I-L who fell out with me and hubby over two years ago. She's never snubbed the kids before, but it was my son's 12 birthday on Monday and he didn't even get a card from her  :'(

Jo.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 22:34:12 »
well, we managed to get to the plot today, steve's bought a load of plug plants for our sale day so I transplanted a tray of 84 in to 3" pots, now I ache all over, still trying to get over this manky cold..my mum in law's a bit strange, little digs here and there, dad in law's got to go in to hospital and we're going to have to keep an eye on her, she's 87 and i'm not really looking forwrd to it

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 23:31:34 »
Funny old day here, numerous calls from Norwich Union in India in complete and utter confusion over Daughter 1's crash in my car yesterday,delivery of very modern Renault courtesy car, (no hand brake and it turns it's own lights on and off. :o) She moves out tomorrow, having had a hissy fit tonight because nothing fits- well you can't expect to get into your size 10 jeans when you're 5 months pregnant....... I've been sewing curtains etc, Bearded Wonder is in a fury 'cos he can't speak to anyone sensible in N.Union, he has just collected Daughter 2 from the station and is none too pleased with her because she is legless ;D.
If it wasn't nearly midnight I'd clear off to the lottie and let them all stew in their own juice.
                            Feel a bit better now ;)

Nighty night.
Smile, it confuses people.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 23:49:02 »
Oh EMaggie my OH can sympathise with you dealing with Bombay Insurance  aka N.Union.  After my accident last April he dealt with all the phone calls from them.  Was not easy and they could not answer a simple question but were oh so polite to you so you couldnt shout at them.  After hours on the phone on one particular day OH asked for a supervisor and he put things right, until the next phone call and so it went on and on.  They did cough up the dosh in the end though but OH was treated for his blood pressure. 

I got my Insurance demand in the other day and I find that Norwich Union has increased my premium tho. even altho the accident was not my fault, so I am going over to another.    ;D ;D ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 06:23:29 »
well yesterday was my last day in my old department having been promoted.  thankfully most people were at a conference so it was like the marie celeste in the office and i could steal as many purple quality street as i liked !  i'm generous like that.

then when i got in, there was a planning permission letter for the house opposite, who are having patio doors and a deck built !  :o  i'm just hoping the local inspector doesn't come looking round the back of mine as i seemed to have forgotten to apply for mine that have been in six months now !

not heard from my mother in a few weeks, things must be going well darn sarf !   8)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 07:27:30 »
Congratulations, Mrs. KP. Maybe they will have a better quality of chocolate  where you are going to. ;D
I aint got no Mum nor Dad anymore, but I do have an elderly friend who is as batty as they come in the nicest possible way. Doesn't believe in housework, no dusting done since I did it over a year ago when she was hospitalized- I moved 7 years worth then  :o.
Wonder what I'll be like in 20 years time................. :-\

Hope all you folk with colds are soon better
Smile, it confuses people.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 07:59:23 »
about 100 yards away into the next building !  same outfit, different chaos !  my new boss is currently putting in 50-60 hours/week.  he shall be telt that it's sowing season and not to expect that from me !

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 09:41:45 »
My Mum lives 2 doors down on the opposite side of the road!! :o :o
We only moved here 6 months ago, but luckily she isn't the nosey sort, just nips in with our forwarded post around "a cup of tea?", "well if you are having one dear" time! ;D ;D
She has been handy though whilst doing the garden, standing on pool liner to stop it blowing away, and general encouragement from the sidelines!
I actually sowed seeds yesterday.......HORRAH! so very happy!!
More today too I hope.
The housework is beginning to get really bad...........I MUST get on top of it!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 09:45:43 »
"you just hold still there mum"

;D ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 09:50:05 »
MWAHAHAHAHA   cor wish my pond looked like that..........................and my body! ;D ;D ;D  (my Mum is so fit she probably could do that pose in me bog garden! ;))
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 11:05:41 »
.....colds and mums....best wishes to Lorna who's been really poorly recently (bet you'll have the flu jab next year, eh Lorna?).....and Lorna's the Mum next door to some of her lot. Great and close family they are 8)

oh, and anyone else think that that lady's boobs are suspiciously uplooking btw?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal