Author Topic: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!  (Read 65621 times)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2007, 11:17:38 »
I think gravity is helping Alishka!

Morning everyone  ;D Just off to the allotment to plant 30 Aldi fruit bushes! Hope everyone has a productive day!
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2007, 12:02:18 »
30 trixibelle :o :o :o  Hope you have a big freezer! ;D
Just come in cos it started to rain, now the suns out............... >:(
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2007, 13:36:18 »
Bit dull and dreich for gardening today!!!!   OH is getting on with the grouting on the tiles in my NEW kitchen.  It was hell being without my kitchen sink, no oven and cooker.  I washed the dishes in the Bath, made my toast in the D.Room, boiled the kettle in the Hall and at one point boiled spuds in the garage.   It will all be wonderful soon, once all the tiles are up.

Mum gave me a dying scene this morning.  I went in and she was almost lying flat on the chair with her eyes closed.  I asked if she was OK but she didnt reply.  I continued to chatter,  no reply.   I thought oh heck she has had a stroke.  I went into her kitchen with some shopping and said,  I couldn't get your eclairs and she replied in a feeble voice,  OH I need my eclairs.   She don't half put the wind up me but because this sort of thing happens daily I try very hard to ignore it.  Not easy. ??? ???

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2007, 13:41:28 »
Thanks Lish. Have been catching up on all the posts written over the past 10days on A4A. Blimey I knew  was rough when I couldn't even get enthusiastic about A4A.
Many thanks to my friends who have kept me going with their emails and wishes. However Lish I am on the mend... managed  158 on the peak flow meter this morning!!!!! Had a good laugh over the posts by you and KP. (found your meter yet KP?)
I am fed up with being a horizontal champ, can't wait to get in the greenhouse.
Lorna.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007, 14:30:42 »
have been out in the drizzle fixing a fleece cloche over the radishes which seemed to have disappeared by half .... b. slugs ! so now they're pop bottled cloched  found more things growing in the strawberry bed, could be onions  ::)

chopped down a bit of box hedge so i can get behind the greenhouse to put an extra vent in on that side.  washed MORE milk bottle pots (I swear they breed when i'm not looking).  am generally having a tidy so that the garden looks less like a junk yard and more like a plot.

oh and had a battle with a rose arch that i wanted to go round the side gate for sweet peas to grow up.  without exception all the screw washers that are supposed t be fixed into the ends of the cross bars popped out and the curved bit at the top just wouldn't fit.  it's now in bits on the deck !   ::) 

right, f*g finished.  back out i go.

it's amazing what you can find to do out there even when there's nothing to do.  think i might sow some leeks in a mo !

;D

p.s. will have a look when i get back in and dry off Lorna  ;)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 14:52:18 »
I have been putting things to sale on e bay, since OH does most of the buying
(fishing) and I can,t see anything amonst my possessions that anyone else would pay money for :'( I said he,d have to sort some small things out for me to practice
on, he comes up with a reel which son shows me how to :-\ give me small things I say, he then brings a thing worth £100 to sell for a friend and panics when I get it a bit wrong :'( I say thats it do it your******self all he can do on the pooter is e bay buying so we calm down and I made a better job of reels worth £50. he,s gone out and I,m here talking (I hope ) somebody who won,t shout at me
margaret :(
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 14:52:41 »
well, we've just been given the news that our daughter's expecting, all trying not to get too excited, she lost a baby last christmas at 10 weeks, she's only 8 weeks at the mo so I'm not supposed to tell anyone, you lot won't say anything, will you ?..I keep finding myself looking at babygros and towels..george(in Asda)is going to take such a battering..keep everything crossed  :-X :)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 15:36:33 »
DORIS! No, I haven't got a big freezer but I have got 3 X 4yr old 'grazers' (children!) who will no doubt polish the lot off before they get home  :)

CAROL: Naughty mummy  :( Still, at least you know that eclairs will help her spring back to life in an emergency situation!

Glad you're feeling better Lorna and CONGRATULATIONS MANICSCOUSERS  ;D

I've been inside one of Ahmed's 'secret sheds' on his lottie today. It's like Aladdin's cave  8) I spied a FANTASTIC stained glass, sash window in there - it's massive - and he gave it to me  ;D

According to Ahmed, anything made from 1975 onwards to the present day is 'antique' and worth a bob or two ... I think this is the first time he has ever made a correct assessment of an item!

Too soggy to plant the fruit bushes  ::) Do you think they'll be all right in buckets of water for a few days or shall I take them out?

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 15:54:16 »
well, we've just been given the news that our daughter's expecting, all trying not to get too excited, she lost a baby last christmas at 10 weeks, she's only 8 weeks at the mo so I'm not supposed to tell anyone, you lot won't say anything, will you ?..I keep finding myself looking at babygros and towels..george(in Asda)is going to take such a battering..keep everything crossed  :-X :)

thats very exciting for you! i hope the pregnancy progresses well. i lost a baby at about ten weeks aswell and it is amazing how common it is. i  went on to have two very healthy boys very soon afterwards so i am sure she will be fine.  ahhh babygrows and little bootees.  will keep all apendages crossed. ;)

bunjies

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 16:06:34 »

According to Ahmed, anything made from 1975 onwards to the present day is 'antique'

oh my gods!!! i am officially an antique :(
'blood sweat and tears really don't matter, just the things that you do in this garden'

bunjies

• Half Acre
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 16:09:55 »
my blokes mates just came round an asked him if he wanted to go power kiting.
they looked at me oddly when i grabbed my coat and rigger boots ;D
like i am going to be left at home when the men go out to play!!!!!
so i invited myself along, was a very good girl helping them get there lines untangled and the parchute thing opened for them. then it was my go and i hogged it for ages!!!
it was fab and i took off a couple of times :o :o
next time i am going to have a go on the 5 meter jobbie and flllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
i am such a child ;D ;D ;D ;D
'blood sweat and tears really don't matter, just the things that you do in this garden'

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 16:12:47 »

CONGRATULATIONS MANICSCOUSERS  ;D
shhhh!!

I've been inside one of Ahmed's 'secret sheds' on his lottie today. It's like Aladdin's cave  8) I spied a FANTASTIC stained glass, sash window in there - it's massive - and he gave it to me  ;D
sounds like you had a good time !  :o, I take it you're talking about the sash window  ;D

Too soggy to plant the fruit bushes  ::) Do you think they'll be all right in buckets of water for a few days or shall I take them out?

should be o.k in buckets

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2007, 16:19:48 »
MANICSCOUSERS! WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOUP!  ;D Of COURSE it was the stained glass window!!!!!

Bunjies: What's power kiting?

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2007, 17:17:56 »
manic my lips are sealed.....long time to keep my fingers crossed ;D best wishes for all concerned
Lorna.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 17:43:06 »
My boobs are just like that Lish , NOT. Well I have a Mom that now lives with us. She has dementia so you get everything in triplicate wether you want it or not. She goes to a day centre everyday from about 9am till 3 so we do get some time to do what we want, Looking after her is a priority, when thats done we are free. I just hope that when I'm old ( I mean really old) someone is there to look after me. I have spent today taking my rabbit to the vet for jabs, potting on begonias that I got in plugs from (wait for it) Wilkies. and feeling so bad about a lovely lady I met on here named Sarah.Why can't things just go on and on being ok. I thank you all for the fellowship I have found on this site. Loads of love Shirl
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 17:55:44 »
Hi can I jump in here, I am feeling really down today, first Saturday in ages I have had without tons of stuff to catch up on,planned to go to the lotties and they are literally under water,so I thought I would sew and my sewing machine light popped, well I will bake thought me,and I dropped the  eggs,I cooked dinner and the meat was tough and the blasted cat has just chucked up on my new rug, so I left husband to deal with that and I came here. OOH I feel better now,I shall look forward to tomorrow,XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 17:59:35 »
Ooooh Manics, I know that feeling !!!!! Got it all crossed.Daughter 1 is 5 months now. ;D
Lorna I did wonder where you were but I didn't know you had been poorly. (my attendance has been intermittent of late- pooter probs then away)I do hope you are feeling better. Eat more choclit and drink more medicinal brandy, that'll do the trick. ;D
Trixibelle I sold 2 stained glass windows on Ebay last year, got nearly £200 for the pair. Ahmed sounds a man worth cultivating if only for his shed contents.
.oh, and anyone else think that that lady's boobs are suspiciously uplooking btw?
My very first thought Lishka. Me? Jealous?Noooooooo. I like having bosoms like half filled hot water bottles.
Ah, I see the sun's past the yard arm, time for a G & T.       Cheers. ;)
Jeannine, cheer up, have one yourself- I think you need one.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 18:02:14 by Emagggie »
Smile, it confuses people.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 18:14:30 »
My boobs really do look like those..............................honest..............................................................when I am standing on my head! ;D :-\

G&T  hurumph, taxiing kids tonight so got to wait for my glass of vino. :'(

Lorna didn't know you were not well,  :-* :-* :-* to you and hope you feel better soon.

Jeannine, we all get days like that!! Tomorrow can only get better!

Right off on first taxi run, bit of a bonus, youngest is on a sleepover, hubby is working till 3am, so just my eldest and me, we can watch all the comedy progs on telly, with the fire lit, snuggled on the couch without the other 2 moaning! ;D ;D ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 18:18:29 »
Sounds heavenly D P. Enjoy.
Smile, it confuses people.

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 18:42:36 »
Sainsbury's shopping. Then Wickes to buy  bark for the garden and a fuse for my heated propagator (sowed aubergine seed a week ago and only just noticed that the propagator is not working  ::)) . Sneakily stopped at the allotment on my way home (hurray: rocket has germinated!) Cleaned the guinea pig hutch. Told kids 20 times to tidy up the living room.  Spread bark around the garden and got very smelly in the process. Sainsbury's shopping again (while still smelly) because I forgot the carpet cleaner. Cleaned the carpet. Showered!

Tomorrow I'm going to spend some proper time on the allotment. I have some raised beds to build.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 18:52:59 by dandelion »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal