Author Topic: MORRISONS  (Read 3320 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
MORRISONS
« on: December 21, 2009, 17:55:57 »
 Does anyone on here work for Morrisons the supermarket??.

I am severely disabled with my knees....... i went to Morrisons today to get the special offers!!!! good ones i might add, & almost had a stand up argument with customer service asst, you see i forgot my card so she refused to let me have a disabled shopping scooter, unless i produced it.
I pointed out that every other supermarket loans disabled peeps shopping scooters without the performance of a card, you cannot take them out of the store so what is the problem can anyone explain. If people took them out maybe i could see there reason.
Anyway in the end i did get it but after some quite cross conversation which should not be necessary  surely. If i had the time i would have sought out the manager to ask the reason for demanding a card.
Does anyone else know.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: MORRISONS
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 18:18:47 »
Store policy says you are supposed to phone & book them in advance, they do not state that you have to provide any kind of documentation.

http://www.morrisons.co.uk/Store-finder/About-customer-services/Store-services/Facilities-for-shoppers-with-disabilities/
Motorised carts

There is a motorised cart in most stores (depending on store size), found next to the Customer Service Desk. These can be booked by telephoning your local store.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 23:31:28 »
 Baccy Man, i have never ever been in a store yet where you are asked to book a disabled scooter, or even heard of it.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 23:38:08 »
What a wonderful way of encouraging people to shop with them.

I would write what you have told us to the manager or head office. I would add

By demanding your card she was as good as calling you a liar.
That is offensive, insulting and humiliated you in front of other customers.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 23:46:52 »
 Thank you PH, i never thought of it like that  yes i shall write, tomorrow saying exactly that. I was upset actually it is so obvious i am disabled & it was very unpleasant having to stand there & discuss the matter of a forgotten card made my knees very painfull indeed.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 08:15:05 »
Sorry to hear that Mary. Grief, if an assistant can't see how disabled you are then they need to go to Specsavers!! Take care. Love Lorna x

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 11:13:01 »
I was going to suggest that you clocked her with your sticks but then you'd have fallen over ...

Sounds like appalling customer service and I agree with PH, send off a letter of complaint. 

So you didn't stick to their rules, that doesn't call for rudeness and if there was a scoot available I don't see why there was a problem anyway, they must have been able to see that you needed one!  Grrrrrr! 

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 11:32:59 »
Of course, if you turned up with your card, and found that there was no scooter because someone else without a disability ticket had taken it, you might feel justified in complaining about the assistant, and perhaps getting her sacked.  So she's in a difficult situation.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 15:08:53 »
Asda require a card.  It is really to show that you have had a demonstration on how to use it.  Without their card they may require you to go through a short demo all over again but you would have got one without fuss.

Rosebud, when will you be having your knee joints replaced?  I had mine done in 2001 and 2007.  No more pain and I can do anything apart from kneel.  There were people a lot older than you and I having theirs done.  Better to get them done sooner rather than later because the pain gets unbearable.  With my first knee I had been waiting over 4 years and was in agony.  No painkillers helped.  The last one was 5 months start to finish so if you want to get out of pain I suggest you get them done now, for if we get a change of Government, it may be back to long waiting lists again.

PM me if you want to now anymore about the operation.  Please don't put yourself through a lot of pain.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 18:09:00 »
 Melbourne,if i turned up withmy card i would never know if someone  without a card had the scooter because i would never ever ask good for them to have one i could have a cuppa while i was waiting. ;D
I cannot see the point of a card the carts cannot be taken out of the store.
Tescos never refuse unless they just haven`t got a scooter very good policy from them they straight away offer a wheelchair.
 I just feel the woman who spoke to me was a real Jobsworth.
Pauline i shall PM you later thank you.

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 18:25:23 »
So their policy is that you should have a card - this saves the onus of someone having to make an abitrary decision and you did not have a card?

Imagine for a moment if you went into the store and were unable to get a buggy as they were all being used by 'seemingly' able bodied.

Morrisons policy is Morrisons policy, it makes sense to me, you were fortunate to still get a buggy.  If you dont like the policy then shop elsewhere - simple.

Best laid plans and all that

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 18:50:32 »

Rosebud, I think you have a case against the assistant --  not the store,

-- the days of staff using their iniciative for the good of the the people who

employ them are way gone,  expect you will find Morrisons [ no relation  ;D ]

will fall over themselves to make ammends,  give it a go ! ;)
Hertfordshire,   south east England

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 18:54:53 »

Rosebud, I think you have a case against the assistant --  not the store,

-- the days of staff using their iniciative for the good of the the people who

employ them are way gone,  expect you will find Morrisons [ no relation  ;D ]

will fall over themselves to make ammends,  give it a go ! ;)

I totally don't agree. The main reason this happens is because people are too worried about getting into trouble/losing their job etc over following petty rules. That is not the individual's fault, that is the companies!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2009, 19:18:18 »
I don't think it was ever about getting someone sacked, lol!

Surely it's just about common sense and good manners?  I've worked in a supermarket before and dealt with scooter issues and one can stick by the rules without being rude about it.  A few simple words in someone's ear about customer service doesn't go amiss sometimes.  Some staff members in shops I've used recently don't seem to have any good manners never mind customer service! 

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2009, 23:20:43 »
 Reply to raised bed, there is no need whatsoever to be rude.
You don`t work for Morrisons do you.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 06:41:44 »
I have a handicapped daughter.  I have always found businesses very helpful especially if you ring up and book ahead.  I know this is sometimes a bit of a pain, but the results are so much better it is worth the effort.

If you book an off peak time many shops will allocate a personal shopper.

We used to go on cross channel ferries, and they treated us like royalty.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 07:18:30 »
Rosebud - sorry to hear you didn't have a good time (I don't work for them BTW!). I'd have been tempted to leave the shop and give my money to someone else, but..... that's after the event eh!
What I would say is that if I was the manager of the store / customer services I would want to know that there was a problem and that the staff member for whatever reasons was clearly struggling in their job (i.e. to be civil, regardless of their policies), so drop them an email and see what happens

Take care

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 16:47:47 »
So their policy is that you should have a card - this saves the onus of someone having to make an abitrary decision and you did not have a card?

Imagine for a moment if you went into the store and were unable to get a buggy as they were all being used by 'seemingly' able bodied.

Morrisons policy is Morrisons policy, it makes sense to me, you were fortunate to still get a buggy.  If you dont like the policy then shop elsewhere - simple.

Another example of not reading properly

Rosebud  clearly stated that she wanted to take advantage of their special offers.

She also states that she is clearly disabled. (not all disabled people are)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal