Author Topic: member map  (Read 2390 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
member map
« on: February 10, 2007, 14:58:14 »
Sorrry to be dim, but how does the member map work? All I can see is a map of the world with a load of pins in Britain- can't get it to zoom in far enough to see where anyome is!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: member map
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 15:17:54 »
Ust the control on the left that looks like a scale with plus and minus either end. Press the plus button once, and it will go a bit closer; use the up/down/left/right buttons at the top left to move the UK into the centre of the screen. Keep pressing the plus bar to get as close as you want, then the up/down keys to go around the uk.If you click on a coloured blob, it will tell you who that member is! Merry Tiller is in the middle of the North Sea at the moment I notice...see how you get on!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 16:17:08 »
Thanks- got there in the end!My pin is now in place, although sadly most of those near me seem to be inactive members!

vegging out

• Quarter Acre
  • Weymouth,Dorset
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 22:25:27 »
Tried to mark my pin but it keeps coming up red which is for females.Anyone know how to change the colour.  :) ???

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 10:44:09 »
You're probably not as alone as you think - lots of people either haven't managed to work out the member map or have a sense of humour (check out Alaska for a fellow Yorkshireperson) or prefer to maintain a bit more anonymity!

It's rather long but you might find someone in this thread:

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/joomla/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,91/topic,801.0
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 10:48:05 by Barnowl »

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 17:59:01 »
Veg just be a   Lady.   :-* ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal