Author Topic: Am I missing something  (Read 2777 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Am I missing something
« on: December 24, 2006, 10:42:55 »
Why all of a sudden do the stores think we are all going to rush out on boxing day and buy a new kitchen or bathroom.

Surely it could wait a day or two and let us get over xmas and give the staff their holidays.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Am I missing something
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 10:58:39 »
and don't even think of popping to the supermarket for any food, the queues! I cannot understand why with more supermarkets and freezers people can't do there shopping to last 2-3 days so the staff can have a holiday as well.
 ::)

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 12:19:27 »
Well looking in our freezer(s) and cupboards, I reckon we could eat for a month with no ill effects ...
The impossible is just a journey away ...

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 14:28:23 »
My OH always has enough in our house to feed the 5000 but still went shopping friday, saturday and today..... :o
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 18:03:31 »
Mine sent me to Sainsbos earlier in the week... got in early @8:00am just coming out as it got busy...

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 21:37:50 »
OH went shopping with our crackpot mate at 9.30pm :o the other night got home 2.00am her mate loves it OH said never again. :P :P ;D ;D ;D ??? ??? ???
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 22:54:47 »
Its all part of the silly siege mentality.  The shops will be closed for one, and in some cases, two days!!  There is no need to buy to feed the 5,000 for two days.

Run out of booze, then that's another situation altogether!!

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2006, 00:10:49 »
I refust to play the seige game,

All I buy is some extra milk to do me for 2 days instead of 1.
(or maybe Im too tight a***d) ;D ;D ;D
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2006, 00:14:45 »
Our milk is delivered so no rush out. Apart from that we have enough to live off for a month at a time. Apart from fresh veg which we pick up from the lottie as we need it.

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 18:49:31 »
Crazy crazy crazy. I did my last foody trip on Thursday morning early. It was so good to know that I was not going to have to queue etc for anything. It is possible to miss all the madness.
Hope you have all had a nice quiet Xmas and are well fed.
Good pressie of a mug with No1 slug hunter on it plus a book with 50 ways to kill them. If all fails use the book to squash the blighter's. Did just have to pop out this morning and do al little diggin. XX
Marigold

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 20:36:54 »
Why all of a sudden do the stores think we are all going to rush out on boxing day and buy a new kitchen or bathroom.

Surely it could wait a day or two and let us get over xmas and give the staff their holidays.

....and why is every other bleeding advert for sofas/kitchens etc etc.....do peeps wake up with a desperate urge for a new sofa on Boxing Day or what????????

Grrrrr

Louise

Grow yer bugger grow!

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 20:38:45 »
Makes me glad, at times like this, that I don't watch television ...  :)
The impossible is just a journey away ...

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 18:42:56 »
"....and why is every other bleeding advert for sofas/kitchens etc etc.....do peeps wake up with a desperate urge for a new sofa on Boxing Day or what????????"

Having had some of the ads on (admittedly with the mute button on) what makes the manufacturers think that you would like a depressing load of black leather furniture in your lounge.  When you see some of the displays in the ads, you have to wonder what planet they are on.  I don't think our bungalow is small by average standards, but to accommodate their furniture displays you would need to be living in a palace.  The same with the kitchen displays.

Rant over, but you do really wonder what market their admen are aiming at.  Not the general joe-public.

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2006, 18:53:01 »
you do really wonder what market their admen are aiming at.  Not the general joe-public

I think they're aimed at the aspirations of consumers, not there real lives :-\

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 09:51:37 »
And I bet we all rush out to buy the 'hoochie koochie' hotplate (well thats what it sounds like) ;D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 10:31:45 »
I'm intrigued ACE, I don't watch much tv and haven;t seen any over christmas - what is it? :-\

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 11:01:30 »
Go on Ace give us a clue!

triffid

• Hectare
  • Escaped... usually to my plot in NW London :)
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 12:00:53 »
I think they're aimed at the aspirations of consumers, not there real lives :-\

So right, MT! ...
As in
"If I buy this huge shiny Neff kitchen and monster-sized red L-shaped sofa combi, they will instantly transform my small-ish Edwardian rooms into that huge place I saw on Grand Designs"...

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 13:07:06 »
I'm intrigued ACE, I don't watch much tv and haven;t seen any over christmas - what is it? :-\

Would that be that (nameless) kitchen ad. with the woman who believes a zester 'sums her up'?! and therefore gets an orange kitchen?  ???

The hotplate thingy / japenese hot stone?  :-\ looks the biggest waste of space, but then of course, if you have a kitchen of that magnitude I guess it doesn't matter if you only use a chunk if it once a year....
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 13:46:24 »
Those ads that say - "they asked me to show them an item that sums up my kitchen"..........drove me mad !  Stupid ads by stupid people!  I love to think up daft things that would give them real problems working my ideal kitchen out!

In my experience (twice) you choose a kitchen that you like - find you can't afford it - and settle for the next best thing!  Or is that just me?

As for Martin Kemp and his flipping sofa ads - can't he find a proper job?  .......get ressurected on Eastenders or somthink?

Louise
XX

Grow yer bugger grow!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal