Author Topic: Guess were I am going today  (Read 1037 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Guess were I am going today
« on: December 15, 2006, 08:57:45 »
I have my xmas list for all the family and friends, plus a little list for me ;) I have to pick up some medlars and and the start of an orchard for a client.

I fancy trying peaches (robin readbreast) and apricots as I already have enough apples and pears in my orchard. The loquat looks tempting as well.

http://www.ecomallbiz.com/easy83/home/

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Guess were I am going today
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 12:57:32 »
I like the sound of the peach, have you any details about it, we're looking for a peach this year  :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 13:21:00 »
The Robin redbreast I got this morning is a red peach and is ready to eat in early august, also very resistant to leaf curl. It is best fanned out on a south facing wall/trellis. It was discovered on the I.W.
Up there in the wastelands of the north ;D with the colder springs, I think I would go for a later flowering variety as it seems  autumns are staying warmer for ripening. You should not go wrong with perigrine.

Prices are different all over,  but a two year old tree on a good stock should be between £15-£20

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 13:39:58 »
thanks for that, will have a look  :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 18:30:32 »
Oooo what fun!  Fruit trees rule!  I am desperate for a peach and an apricot tree but where on earth to plant them!!??  I already have 8 trees in our average sized garden, and one is a huge weeping willow!!  If you don't fan them, would you still get a decent harvest?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 19:06:33 »
My father in law just plonked one in the middle of the lawn, 5 years later he gets so many peaches we usually have peach picking barby and all the kids go home with carrier bags full. They are usually sick in the car going home as well. They are a white peach, I do not know the name, and are ripe in the middle of july although they do not look ready.

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 19:11:01 »
that sounds like my type of tree, it takes a lot of peaches to make me sick  :D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 19:25:52 »
Loquats are great - but in the uk??

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 23:27:23 »
On the north island I might think about it, but down here on the Isle of Wight where I still have datura in bloom outside. No problem.

We get two or three frosts a year.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal