Author Topic: New pictures of my garden  (Read 5412 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
New pictures of my garden
« on: October 23, 2006, 19:02:39 »
Hi! Ok i know comparing to most people's garden it will all look really crap...but i've been working really hard at it....last few months and stuff. This is just where's it's lead to so far....

These are the raised beds i had planned. They were going to be brick...then i decided sleepers....and now i finally settled for log rolls because they were cheap comparing to other stuff....well except bricks but i've no idea how to lay them. I've put soil behind them to raise the level...so that's why the wheel barrow is there. i had to dig some plants out and then plant them back in otherwise they would have been buried lol.

This is how the patio looks so far. some of the logs rolls still haven't been put in. And my mini greenhouse is right at the end. The window on the left is to my room lol.

Another view of the garden....ingore the bit that looks like there isn't any soil in it and grass.....i'm digging a little pond there.

A couple of pics of my passiflora eden that opened this morning....despite the fact that we had the first frost last night.

These are the 2 pumkins i grew this year. i picked them off the vine about a month ago and they were both green. the plants were badly infested with mildew/rust and all sorts so i thought it's best to cut them off. they're ripened nicely against the patio doors.

in a couple of weeks my manure should be arriving.....all 2.5 tonnes of it. i'll put it in a thick layer on top of the top soil so act as a mulch to stop weeds coming through....and then hopefully over winter the rain and worms will work the manure into the soil. and next year i should be planting and sowing loads of loving things in there :)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: New pictures of my garden
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 23:04:26 »
Hey, well done Wahaj! So where's the greenhouse going, then ??? And the garden will be a riot of poppies next year 8)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 23:31:47 »
oh that's going in the backyard which is all paved over. but i've kind of paused that project....to much went wrong so i'm thinking about what to do with it. i don't feel at all confident about building it. i leveled the base and cemented the posts in....but even then one corner would sink in even if i pressed it. when i started building the two sides of the frame...i realised they'd given us the wrong base. i contacted the suppliers and they said they'll send us the correct base but that was....a while ago. have tried to ring again only to be told i'll get a call back.

But there's a guy that lives in front of my house that might be able to build me a brick wall. i'll ask him in the next few days. i just wanted to get the front sorted while the ground is still workable.

i was hoping the greenhouse was ready by now but oh well....i'll have to wait.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 23:51:36 »
Looking good mate. Really nice size and so nice just to be able to walk out onto it/look at it when you wake up in the morning (obviously not at this time of year as it's dark already). It will all happen .... eventually.  and just chuck anothe bag of cement in the dodgy corner lol.

love the passiflora, and your cute stripey pots.

;D

There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 07:34:42 »
I took a shine to the pots too. You are doing really well
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 08:21:00 »
I spent several hours yesterday moving barrows of muck... nearly done! It will work down well over winter!

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 16:53:41 »
thanks guys :) i bought the pots from the recycling centre lol.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 12:59:00 »
And some more pictures i took last night:

These are my soilless sowing of different passifloras.....as you can see a possible constance elliot has germinated on the window sill. i say possible because it could have been pollinated with anything and could be a hybrid.

This is the pink banana passiflora that germinated a few weeks ago. it's a bit slow growing on my window sill because it's pretty cold...but i've no where else right now to put it.

This is the Giant passiflora that germinated and has been transfered to soil on the window sill.

This is my passiflora constance elliot that i bought the other day because i hadn't seen it in a shop before...so had to buy it really. and it was only £4. it's still sitting next to my madonna portrait in my room lol.

This plant i rescued from tescos a couple of months ago...it was a right sorry sight so i payed £1.50 for it....but it's a nice little plant.

This the kitchen window from the outside:

This is the hallway window from the outside:

This is the base of my greenhouse that they sent. as i said it was the wrong one so i've had to pull it out....but god knows when they're gonna deliver the right one:

These the 2 sides of the greenhouse that i've bolted together but sadly they're just resting against a fence right now:

These are my Allium purple sensation in individual pots in the back yard...not sure where to put them in the ground yet so they're sitting here for now.

This is my passiflora violecea sitting in the outdoor corridoor. it isn't frost hardy so it has to here till they're over.

This is my Himalayan Tahr skull on the side of my shed lol:

These are just some pics of my pansies:

And yet another passiflora eden....it opened last nigth strangely enough. most of my passiflora flowers on any plant of any species opens around 10am in the morning.

;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 18:01:32 »
see the plant on the right hand side of the kitchen window wahaj ?  what's that ?  it looks very similar to one i've got indoors just now that I rescued from a baked bean can in the office !  :o :o

just a tip about the g/h base, you look as if you've got it inside out.  on mine, the "flaps" point inwards.

and if that's a 12' x 8' g/h you're not doing bad lad !!!  nice daddy !  ;D

nice pics love.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 19:06:12 »
see the plant on the right hand side of the kitchen window wahaj ?  what's that ?  it looks very similar to one i've got indoors just now that I rescued from a baked bean can in the office !  :o :o

just a tip about the g/h base, you look as if you've got it inside out.  on mine, the "flaps" point inwards.

and if that's a 12' x 8' g/h you're not doing bad lad !!!  nice daddy !  ;D

nice pics love.

;D

i've no idea actually. I've seen it called rubber plant and money plant. doing a google search both of them come up with a number of different plants....so i've no idea really lol. it's one that my sister bought a few years ago but i had to rescue it cos she doesn't really look after them well.

and the base...i though that but it's how the picture describes it on the instructions and it's the only way i can get it so screw in.

Right now i'm thinking....F the base....just put some sand on the ground...level it and just build it on that.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 19:40:11 »
cor, you've been busy- you need a blog !

Greenhouse looks very impressive - hope you get the base sorted out ... I shall be watching closely as I'm supposed to be dismantling and then rebuilding a greenhouse over winter.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 21:22:07 »
cor, you've been busy- you need a blog !

Greenhouse looks very impressive - hope you get the base sorted out ... I shall be watching closely as I'm supposed to be dismantling and then rebuilding a greenhouse over winter.

thanks. how come you're dismantling and rebuilding....are you just moving where it is?

it's not that impressive to be honest...it's just a tiny little 6' by 8'....and i've just lifted the paving slabs where the base will go. I'm really making it up as i go along lol.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 22:27:12 »
what size are the slabs then ?  i was taking them at 2' square and got most jealous over your huge crystal palace.

;D

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 22:52:07 »
what size are the slabs then ?  i was taking them at 2' square and got most jealous over your huge crystal palace.

;D

oh i've no idea....probably about a foot wide each....

tig

• Half Acre
  • .....HI.....
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 21:43:05 »
think your gardens going to take shape . you could do somuch in that space. really like the skull, or horns feature . nice . :)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2006, 09:17:18 »
think your gardens going to take shape . you could do somuch in that space. really like the skull, or horns feature . nice . :)

all the soil in the rased beds is now topped up with well rotted manure. it's put 100s of bulbs in there and planted some bare root plants.....so yea...hopefully it should all come alive next year.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal