Author Topic: Y R allotments addictive  (Read 1533 times)

sid

• Half Acre
Y R allotments addictive
« on: August 16, 2006, 19:24:40 »
no one told me how addicted you get with your allotment went out tonight to dig sume spuds up for tee they were lovley a lot better than the shop any way as i was saying i dug the spuds then one thing leads to another the wife shouted me an hour later lol this is my first year on the allotment and i  love it lol ;)

bunjy

• Half Acre
Re: Y R allotments addictive
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 19:27:57 »
were the same we go up for an hour and stay for four!!!!

tracy

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 19:57:20 »
As a teacher and living on site I can be out for hours and hours in the long summer days, it doesn't even have to be sunny!
 ;D

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 20:12:29 »
i went up to the plot yesterday, just to water and grab a few things......... ended up with the weans stripped to their knickers enjoying the sunshine,playing with the hose, and in the dungheap  ::) and stayed for about four hours.

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 22:10:01 »
 ;D It is amazing how time flys but the weeds still beat us to it ::) ;D

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 00:26:10 »
The main reason i have mine is for the food - veg from supermarkets is appaling compared to what you can grow yourself. Why is it Tesco's economy carrots smell of cresote when you boil them?

Also, my dad and both my Grandad's had allotments or big veg gardens aswell, i always liked helping out at weekends, school holidays etc.. I used dig my grandads veg plot for pocket money i was that keen! Of course the interest wore off for a few years later after discovering Beer, Girls, Cars and illeagle raves etc.. but i really apreciate having one now - especially when people post stories of long waiting lists etc..

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 00:35:49 by keef »
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal