Author Topic: new allotment  (Read 1034 times)

black-rose

• northampton uk
new allotment
« on: August 16, 2006, 23:07:49 »
Hi all,
           I am now the proud owner of a 10 pole patch, ;D,Bill the old gent whos patch it was prior to myself obviously knew what he was doing and right up until he died a few months back at the age of 82,he was still working it ,but as you can imagine at that age it all to soon becomes  too much ,it is going to need a lot of hard work,and we have started clearing  already,i am lucky in the fact that i have a partner and 13 year old son whom im sure are going to be just as enthusiastic about it as me once i let them stop digging   ::).We are very keen gardeners,and i would like to think we do well,but as for the art of growing vegetables we are complete virgins,we would really like to make Bill very proud of our efforts and im sure he wont mind if we have a little help from some friends,so as for what does well what dosent ,pests, diseases,crop rotation planting calender etcPLZ HELP!!!!!! ??? regards rose
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 00:28:06 by black-rose »

billyish

• Not So New ...
Re: new allotment
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 23:11:42 »
have a look at WIKI loads and loads of very good info  ;D
MY PRINCES

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 00:07:03 »
Welcome to the site black-rose.  It is useful to put a location in your profile even if it is only a County as advice may be different depending where you live.  Everyone has been very helpful to me on here and given me inspiration to grow different vegetables.  I hope too that you will get a lot out of the site.   :D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 00:15:27 »
Bombard us with questions Black Rose.. we can handle it, and welcome to the wonderful world of food production....
 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal