Author Topic: Weedkillers!!  (Read 912 times)

supernova

Weedkillers!!
« on: July 06, 2006, 19:51:03 »
HI there!

I`ve recently aquired an a allotment and there is quite a bit of work to be done on it. The main part of the work i`ve noticed is WEEDS there everywhere. To save me alot of time is there any weed killers i can use to kill them off but not preventing me to plant in the near future. Also should i speak to fellow neighbours before using it, just incase it effects their crop?

Cheers  Barrie.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Re: Weedkillers!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 06:57:53 »
I use Roundup or similar glyphosate weedkiller in an extreme situation, applied on a windless day with a sprayer. Two applications - once all over, and once again after three weeks. You can plant immediately in theory, but I prefer to leave it until after rain. Don't cover until all the weeds have died back, they need the sun to die properly.

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
Re: Weedkillers!!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 20:57:09 »
Glyphosate based weedkiller like Roundup will do the job - don't know how big your allotment is, but you may find its cheaper to buy a bottle of concentrate rather than the ready made spray gun. If you use the concentrate, made up according to instructions and applied by watering can with a fine rose, there is very little chance that you will affect any neighboouring crops, as you might if a sudden wind picks up spray.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal