Author Topic: A4A Meet up  (Read 10130 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: A4A Meet up
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2006, 22:32:18 »
;D ;D ;D

Tim, that is such a great pic!! Do try to make it!!

Told a buddy about potential meet...gales of laughter (why?!) and a long winded giggle about us all turning up with pumpkins, courgettes etc and the management reaction at Travelodge!!

Can't see why that is funny, can you?! 8)

;)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2006, 22:47:03 »
Well I may be the senior female member (MATRON?) with the Travel Lodge revellers but don't expect me to keep you in order. I like joining in the fun!! ::) ::)

Tim I agree that is a great pic. I have one of husbands grandmother outside a "hut"
at the hop fields in Kent.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2006, 22:50:27 »
When it comes to camping, my best experience was at North Glen Sannox on Arran; I hadn't much experience then. I was on the beach, and one night there was a south-west gale, coinciding with a very high tide. Water must have piled up in the Clyde estuary, since I woke up feeling amazingly comfortable, with the groundsheet wrapped around my back feeling like a very soft mattress. Eventually I realised that everything except me was floating; as the water rose, it came in and flooded everything. I moved further up, went up the glen the next morning, and never camped on that beach again!

There was a curse on that place; on another occasion I woke up with something scurrying about inside my tent, threw a boot at it and went back to sleep. Next morning I found that a rat had been through my food supplies, and of course it was the Sabbath, so I had to go hungry. I was a student at the time and couldn't afford to eat at the Corrie Hotel down the road. The following year I had a tent completely blown to bits in a line squall.

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2006, 05:19:56 »
I know I was keen to get us all under canvas but that was before October was mentioned!! - too cold!!
Travelodge are doing some special offers and I found this one at Rugby which shouldn't be too far from Ryton
https://www.travelodge.co.uk/make_a_booking/availability.php?hotel_id=172&travelodge=Rugby+Dunchurch&doa_dd=21&doa_mm=10-2006&stay_len=1&no_of_rooms=1&corp_name=&agent_type=&agent_code=&x=79&y=18

(EDIT) Just done a Route Plan with the AA and it's only 5.71 miles away
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 05:28:21 by petemason »
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2006, 08:56:11 »
I know I was keen to get us all under canvas but that was before October 

Not even in a heatwave would you get THIS Senior Citizen under canvas, mate :o ;D ;D ;D

Great link & even if Ryton isn't the chosen fave, guess that the other Travelodges will be offering similar deals?...btw have checked for those of you who still smoke ;) - same charge for you, too  8)

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2006, 09:33:22 »
When is pumpkin day(s) at Ryton? Sunday 29th October. For Yalding, the Pumpkin weekend is 28-29th October

There is a strawberry event at both places on Sunday 25th June.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2006, 10:19:22 »
i thought there was a meet at the potato festival.........has that one fallen through?
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2006, 13:23:40 »
October was just another option...not cast in stone. Besides campsites are pretty much closed by then aren't they? Cheaper the better for me as I have a 40th to organise and pay for...actually I'm thinking of catching the ferry to Amsterdam for that and the end of October would probably be when I would go...so would mean I would miss the a4a meet if it were then.

Not my 40th by the way.

Right then,lets try to pin a date down eh?

For starters,everybody ok with a weekend?

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2006, 13:27:18 »
yes!  ;D

petemason

• Half Acre
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2006, 13:31:10 »
Heldi

As you sort of started this it seems appropriate that you try and pin down people for their preferences.

Count me and my family in for a weekend/preferably Midlands somewhere/don't mind camping.

I'm also happy to research hotels etc for those who don't want to camp.
Oldham born, Oldham bred.
Strong inth'arm and thick inth'ead

http://mysticveg.blogspot.com/

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2006, 13:37:54 »
OMG I'm feeling the pressure hehehe!

Just read on my calendar...Saturday 23rd of September...first day of Autumn...any takers on that weekend?

P.S haven't read back through the thread so apologies if this date has already been discounted...I gotta run now
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 13:51:37 by Heldi »

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2006, 13:53:00 »
;D

Anywhere is fine with me, as long as i know the date I can work round it...weekends, weekdays whatever!

If I can help with anything, let me know Heldi!

;)

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2006, 15:19:51 »
I can't do mid-late Sept as I've already got the Church weekend away and a conference
to prepare for in October. Have already had to turn down one weekend event on the 23rd
as I am running desperately quickly out of weekends to do my harvest!

Could do end October, tho that's half term and likely to be a mare for travelling.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2006, 15:52:18 »
Gardenantics was at the potato day in Ryton selling his labels (they are rather good, using them at the moment). I didn't see anyone else from A4A there, though there was a sheet of paper on his stall for A4A peeps to sign.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2006, 17:43:23 »
We are very flexible (alright if OH comes along?) He has heard so much about you all he is keen to meet you.  The Midlands is fine for us, as long as we can get the train. 

Lovely of you to offer transport Heldi, but I know you have little ones and will probably be transporting required stuff for them, but thanks anyway and so friendly of you to suggest it!  :-*

Could we do some sort of thread with names of likely people on and then we will have some idea of numbers?
busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2006, 17:55:01 »
We'd like to come along as well, please.  Probably fairly flexible as to dates (but will need to be a wekend or in the half-term).  Derbyshire or East Mids or thereabouts sounds fine.  We might join the happy campers, depending on the long range weather forecast as viewed a week or so before.

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2006, 21:41:06 »
Please add me to the list if its going to be October - any day/time that month would be fine for me, any location and pumpkins please  ;D September not so good.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2006, 11:16:22 »
Please everybody...I had this meet up thought kind've outloud when I was in the chatroom... I'd had a little wine  ::) heh heh heh!  I'm not in charge and I don't mind if anyone else takes things in hand to get things pinned down. (Generally I have lots of ideas but not so good at following them through).  I am out of my depth as to choosing locations as I don't know those parts of the country at all...which makes it more of an adventure!

This is a group decision,well done  Littlegem for starting the polls. Brilliant! Thats the sort of thing I like to see,the cracking the whip and getting us all into shape...ooer missus!

P.S. I'm not on the boards as much at the mo so if decisions need to be made...make 'em! I'm easy ...but don't let that put you off!

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2006, 14:59:05 »
I didn't see anyone else from A4A there, though there was a sheet of paper on his stall for A4A peeps to sign.

I was there

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2006, 01:17:23 »
Oh its all gone quiet over here..oh it's all gone quiet over here...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 11:39:00 by Heldi »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal