Author Topic: Any ideas for Bank Holiday Monday  (Read 1363 times)

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
Any ideas for Bank Holiday Monday
« on: April 30, 2006, 08:59:40 »
Any Suggestions!   

We live in Essex and have an 11 year old son, I am looking for ideas for something to do within a 2 hour car journey for the Bank Holiday Monday. Can be an event or a particular place that is picturesque,but has something specific to visit. Last BH visited Colne Valley Railway and Colchester Zoo, but these are very close to us and have visited may times.I wanted somewhere we have not been before. Both husband and son enjoy taking photos.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Any ideas for Bank Holiday Monday
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 10:39:37 »
Loads of things in the Essex chronicle for the weekend.  What about Heddingham Castle as that has a medieval thing going on this weekend.  i will nip down and get the paper and see what is advertised.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 10:50:38 »
tut, typical, not much for the Monday!  (I thought the southend airshow was tomorrow but it is the bank hols at the end of May)

I have seen signs as I say for Hedingham....

1st Medieval Entertainment - See history brought to life in this colourful and dramatic re-enactment of medieval life, with music and dancing and knights in armed combat. Have-a-go Archery and enjoyable displays of Falconry.
Admission – Adults £8, Children £6, Family £28

We took the kids to Mountfitchit castle near stanstead, which was great, but I don't know if there are any events there this weekend - their website doesn't say.

Steam Day at East Anglian Railway museum - train rides, miniature railway, loco crews etc.

Our two are younger so things like Marsh Farm in South Woodham Ferrers, and Barleylands to watch all the sheep shearing and stuff is a winner. 

Hope these help - let us know what you do as we are always looking for things to do and places to go.  ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 10:55:51 »
http://www.bekonscot.com/

Another one....don't know if it is to far from you....also don't know if your boy isn't a little to old.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal