Author Topic: A4A Meet up  (Read 9974 times)

scotch-mist

• Acre
Re: A4A Meet up
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2006, 22:39:12 »
Hi everyone,
                  I think this meeting idea is a great one,

BUT ...........I definately won't be able to go :(   :( :(

I haven't told too many people this yet but I will be roughly 6 months pregnant around September time  ;D

And after the chocolate thread, I don't want to be mistaken for having Fat Cow
Disease ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though , with 2 youngsters and one on the way , I'll be lucky to have time to grow anything other than weeds ;)

I will ask one thing though, Please take lots of pictures so I can see what I missed.
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2006, 22:50:15 »
well congratulations are in order and i think you may be excused from the gathering.  your two little ones will have an excellent christmas present to play with eh ? :P

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2006, 23:09:22 »
Congratulations from me. Wishing you a  smooth pregnancy until  the great day. You may be sorry you asked for pics there will probably be dozens taken.
Lorna

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2006, 23:13:48 »
Thanks Mrs KP,

OH MY GOD, :o
I didn't think of the poor wee sod being mistaken of a new toy for my hooligans to fight over :o :o :o

AND NO ..............the solution is NOT to get them one the same each ;D ;D ;D

The boys will be 4 and 2 ..........can you imagine the carnage  :o :o                         ;D ;D ;D
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

mokanoo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2006, 23:29:28 »
Sorry the reply is late little_gem but Ryton is a lovely place as is the surrounding area, Leamington Spa, Warwick and I'm sure that that there are some great campsites there, although the beer brewed on site in Ashbourne sounds good. Count me in wherever.

smokeygoose

• Not So New ...
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2006, 23:49:11 »
hi all
i work for coventry and warwickshire ambulance service and ryton is in my patch... 8)
so please..please go steady with that beer.... ;)
i have to deal with enough druken louts as it is without you lot making my life harder...lol
if any of you end up on the back of my cab you wont live it down..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2006, 09:16:02 »
OK I can't do 19 September or the weekend before,

;D

Are we talking mid-week? 19th's a Tuesday, KayPee  ;)  I can make 9/10 & 16/17............after that I'm off for hols 8)

Don't mind where, but need a Travelodge or something similar nearby for me old bones ;D ;D

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2006, 09:21:22 »
;D

Travelodge or similar for me too Lishka! Last time I camped a New Forest Pony tripped over the guy ropes...disaster, put me off for ever!! lol

;)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2006, 10:05:30 »
That is brilliant news Scotch-mist! Wishing you many congratulations and hope you are feeling really well.   :D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2006, 11:07:21 »
;D

Travelodge or similar for me too Lishka! Last time I camped a New Forest Pony tripped over the guy ropes...disaster, put me off for ever!! lol

;)

I've camped once  I was about 12 and went with a schoolfriend and her family to Wales in August. There was a hailstorm, the tent fell down on top of us, I was not alone in my sleeping bag :o as some many-legged thing crawled over my PJs >:(.......and this old elephant never forgets ;D ;D ;D

Hey, as they rent rooms for a set price, anyone fancy doing a share-deal?

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2006, 16:30:53 »
Congratulations Scotchy Misty. Aaaw! 

It'll need to be a weekend for me otherwise I will be sat on a little chair and asked to explain myself by my son's headmistress. Pleeease don't put me through that!!!

Another option I can think of is half term holiday,which will probably be the last week in October,therefore near my birthday and you'll all have to buy me a drink  :P

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2006, 16:50:26 »
Lishka - I'd never live it down!!

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2006, 17:03:50 »
Camping?  :o Last time I went camping was in Weardale, we crossed a raging rapid over stepping stones, dumped the tents and went to the pub.  Several hours later made our way back in the dark to look for the site and of course it had started to rain. ::) Had to cross an even more raging rapid on slippy stones to make our way over to where the tents were.  Pitched the tents in the now torrential rain, and shivered all night having put the tents up on a slope with a small stream running through the middle.  We laugh about it now but at the time, it was hell, never spent such a cold  soaking and miserable night.  I know it was our own fault, but we were young  - it has turned me off camping for life though - never again!!  ;D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2006, 17:13:14 »
Definitely Travel Lodge for me. Last time I went camping was about 47years ago. Along with sister and brother-in-law we toured South and North Wales on motor cycles. Woke up one night and saw BIG slugs crawling up the side of the  tent. Rained for 10 solid day. Most of the holiday was then spent in B and B. Came home early.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2006, 17:30:57 »
Noooo! Caravan.
My first experience was in the one my Father built - 1922!

Might be able to make Ryton.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2006, 17:36:01 »
Half term - Heldi's October option an even better date for me and I fancy celebrating her birthday with her 8) (yep! we're gonna need shades)

And Heldi can sell us all some of her chook's eggs and we can all make a donation to Dan?

enter Ebuygumbay on the move

;D ;D ;D

See we non-campers are quite definite in our predilection for solid walls, terra firma nicely covered with plush carpet and NO bucket for middle-of-the-night emergencies?  Phrases such as "never again" and "came home early" spring to mind.....

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2006, 19:43:03 »
aye i was thinking the weekend after the 19th, cos i'd drive down on the monday, go to the gig tuesday, stay with my kid for the rest of the week and drive back sunday.

last time i camped was Glasto 2000 and that's the last time the tent was out so it's probably full of moth holes lol.  Travel lodge would be cool.

and october's fine with me too.  in fact i'm quite easy ......... oooer matron.

:P
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2006, 19:50:44 »
  in fact i'm quite easy ......... oooer matron.

:P

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2006, 19:51:27 »
i predict a riot !!!   ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2006, 21:51:49 »
i predict a riot !!!   ;D

And that's only in Travelodge ;D ;D ;D Oooooo, I'm liking this idea more and more ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal