Author Topic: Eddie, my saluki boy  (Read 2757 times)

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
Eddie, my saluki boy
« on: February 21, 2006, 10:33:31 »
Hi, I joined A4A a few days ago. I thought I'd show my dog Eddie's photo. He was a stray and came to us through a rescue group in March 2004.

This one was taken a few weeks after we got him. He was very skinny.

Relaxing in his bed.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: Eddie, my saluki boy
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 11:55:48 »
:D

That looks like a contented dog and a very comfy bed!!

;D

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 13:10:03 »
Nice dog you got there Tora. :)

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 10:39:03 »
Thank you! :) Yes, he is a nice dog. I love him to bits!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 18:22:13 »
A very happy looking dog. How people can do the terrible things to animals that you read about just doesn't bare thinking about. I am not terribly fond of cats although we had them for fifty years when Charlie was alive but no way could I hurt them. Then again what sort of people are their on this planet when they can harm animals and do terrible things to children.

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 20:41:07 »
Then again what sort of people are their on this planet when they can harm animals and do terrible things to children.
It's very sad Lorna, the human race is responsible for some terrible things  :'(

Hi Tora and welcome to a4a.  Love the pics of Eddie, yet another well deserved spoilt dog.   ;D

Love the pic of the cat too, presumably yours, what's his name?

MM

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 13:59:37 »
It is very sad that there are many beautiful dogs like my Eddie waiting to be executed. :'( Especially salukis, there are so many of them in rescue centres. Some people use them for poaching rabbits and then dump them when hunting season is over!!! >:(
He was very hand shy and still doesn't trust strangers. He was covered with sores and bruises so must have been abused by someone.

I spoil him rotten but I think he deserves it after the hard time he had. ;D

Yes, the cat is mine, but he lives with my parents in Japan now. I couldn't bring him to England when I came over here. His name is Tora, which means tiger. Hope he doesn't mind me using his name here! :D

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 18:45:46 »
Well obviously Eddie has landed on his paws and found a lovely home to live in with people who love him which is just as it should be.
You must have felt very sad leaving your gorgeous cat behind, a very handsome fellow.  I'm sure he loves you using his name, it shows you think of him often.

MM

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 19:37:58 »
Thank you, Merlins Mum.  :) It's been 7 years since I left him and I still think about him often. I cried a lot when I left him and by the time I got to the train station I looked awful! :-[
Your cat is beautiful too. Beautiful face and beautiful colour :)

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 19:53:48 »
Nice dog,
My wife fosters lurchers and greyhounds and does a lot of work on the rehoming side for a charity. Can I ask where you got Eddie from

Ian

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 10:57:02 »
Hi Ian
He came from Hereford and Worcester Animal Rescue. I found him on a site called Dog Rescue Pages.http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=1
I'd love to foster dogs one day. My husband says no at the moment. :( It must be hard though, fostering. You get attached to a dog and then you have to let it go.

glow777

• Hectare
  • up in the hills in Buxton
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 16:42:42 »
I know of dog rescue pages, fostering is not too hard as you get to see happy people take a dog away then 2 days later another one appears!

My wife's only been upset once with an old dog and she has now come back and will be staying with us for what time she has left.

Ash our youngest takes it worst whenever a dog goes she seems to sense  that they aren't coming back and goes off in a huff and shreds one of her toys!

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 11:37:01 »
Ash our youngest takes it worst whenever a dog goes she seems to sense  that they aren't coming back and goes off in a huff and shreds one of her toys!
Awww bless her! I think fostering is really good for kids. Kids can learn so much from animals.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal