Author Topic: Baby Chinese Hamsters  (Read 1711 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Baby Chinese Hamsters
« on: March 16, 2006, 22:54:58 »
Okay, we have 8, 5 week old chinese hamster babies.  Cute as cute can be!  They need to leave mum, and each other really, within the next week or so, so just thought I would mention it in case any of you fancied one.  They are very small, and very cute.  Friendly and entertaining...or so my kids tell me!  ;D  Let me know if you are interested.  :D

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Baby Chinese Hamsters
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 11:05:10 »
I'm sure my daughter would love at least one EJ but we're ever so slightly too far away from you to be practical.  :( Hope you manage to find good homes for them all.  :D

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 10:35:31 »
Thanks Eileen.  They are adoreable little critters, but spring is obviously in the air as pet shops are all curretly well stocked.  Oh well, we have split them up as best we can and we will keep trying. ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 11:04:50 »
EJ, How about a note on the school noticeboard? With a pic so the kids nag their parents! ;D ;)
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 18:23:17 »
Emma Jane, you mention spltting them up, but do you know Chinese hamsters will generally live happily in groups? (so long as they are siblings/introduced as young)  It is only Syrians who have to be separated as adults. (Obv you still need to split the males from the females  ::))

I would have loved to have helped, but again, I am too far away... I am petless, apart from fish, (for the first time in my life) after my last hamster died (of a tumour) in my hands

mat
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 22:24:58 by mat »

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 22:09:11 »
I plan to do that tomorrow DP.  Fingers crossed.

They are so friendly Mat, I will agree with you there.  I was taken aback when one of the pet shops I spoke to told me how mean and miserable and unfriendly they are!  They are funny, cute, friendly little characters.  So long as we can sex the little blighters, I don't mind having them stay....just don't really want any more babies!  ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 13:30:31 »
Well, after nobody wanted our babies, finally yesterday, our local pet store said they would love them - with the Easter hols upon us, they have a quick turnaround, so all babies welcome!  They gave us a nice big bag of hamster food, and we have promised to get husband and wife divorced so they can lead seperate lives! ;D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 14:58:10 »
We always had hamsters(great pets) for the girls when they were small(and dogs,cats,rabbits......even had a preying mantis at one time but thats another story)  They loved them all.  Only problem I had with the little hammy's was that they have such a short life span.. most only lasted 2-3 years.  Daft thing was I always cried as much as the kids did when they died :'(
Glad that you have found a home for them Emma  ;)
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal