Author Topic: iv got babies  (Read 2300 times)

loulou

• Acre
  • what have i let myself in for
iv got babies
« on: March 13, 2006, 22:43:56 »
iv just had 8 rabbits (well kiki did ) not even 24 hours ago iv had a peek to count and let my girls see whats going on after all my eldest did find one this morning my problem is im so frightend that mummy wount feed them iv now taken to sitting across from the cage and all lights off to watch it looks like im going to be here all night  i keep driffting in and out off sleep but i dont want to find that anything has hapend but on the other hand i dont want to frighten her by being in the room any surgestions would help me so much i feel like iv just gone through it all and feel responsible for them

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: iv got babies
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 22:57:08 »
Aw congratulations loulou. Hope mum bunny does you and her babies proud.

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 23:26:08 »
thanks im so frightend that she leaves them im scared if im honest im trying to put up the pics i got today but oh is bizzy they will go on my website address at bottom  ill make him a brew as a bribe i think any one with any help full advice please help me first time for babies ( rabbits ) i dont want anything to go bad
my oh has put the pics on at www.myplot.me.uk
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 22:00:26 by loulou »

flowerofshona

• Half Acre
  • Life is a lottie
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 09:57:58 »
Best you can do is leave well alone, i was rabbit breeder and show judge for 15 years and to be honest there is more chance she will not feed them if you hang around.
If she doesnt look after them (which is rare) the will be very little you can do hun, in 15 years i only managed to had rear 3 litters from birth and that was good as most breeders failed :(
Just treat her as normal but up her food and try to make sure little ones dont open the cage up i would pin some paper over the door to give her a feeling of security.
Good luck and congrats on the new arrivals :)

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 10:39:07 »
Just looked at the pictures on your plot site Loulou  ahhhhhhhhh they are gorgeous little things. Ahhhhhhhhhh want one  ;)
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 18:12:29 »
sad news the runt died las night mother going into cage at night when all lights are out in the house she spends 5-10 min in there with the babies other 7 doing fine making squiking noises now quite funny

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 18:14:13 »
mimi iv got 3 left (others allready promist ) if you would like one your more than welcome to have one thay cant leave there mother tiil about two months old

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 01:31:59 »
there 15 days old now and  eyes open furr growing they rome aroun the cage all the time and they sniff try to eat mothers food i cant see properly but it looks as if thay are eating(possibly smelling ) food and floor mother has no problem now for us to handle as long as she gets a good stroke first and some carrots girls love to sit by the door a watch them for ages ill post up some picks on my site this week  iv grown quite attatched to them i know each one and so do the kids

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 10:09:22 »
LouLou, sorry only just got back to this post .. thank you for the kind offer but I think that it wont be possible to have a bunny.   :'(  (away for periods of time)  but thank you thank you  :-*
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 12:00:30 »
no problem i just thought if you did i could of delivered as I'm up near you in July for my holiday  8) thanks for letting me know

loulou

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 00:04:46 »
wow i just watced te babies eat carrot and brocoli  fast eaters there runnig round and round its fun to watch all but two are differnt colours there fast too  my little girl ( 2 years ) let them out to day  she said they wanted to strech there leggs  bless her it took me 20 min to catc tem all kiki (mother ) just sat there not botherd at all iv got some more pics but oh is bizzy making a few web sits this weekend ill get them up on monday ( i want you all to see how cute they are ) daft i know but iv never seen small babies b4 let alone watch them grow im loving it so is my eldest good topic at school at the moment

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 20:50:43 »
Aghh bless, dont be alarmed, my female had eight and sorted the weeker babies out and kept four only, you just have to leave well alone, i know its hard but its natures way of making the strongest survive. take care.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal