Author Topic: Very sad.  (Read 7677 times)

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Very sad.
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2006, 22:35:47 »
Hi Heldi, Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your message but I've not been on the boards much of late. I just wanted to send this to you and your family in the hope that it helps even a little. Thinking of you at this sad time.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2006, 12:02:02 »
Thankyou Juliet and Eileen.

It looks like I won't be able to go to my aunts funeral. Unfortunately it comes down to money  :(   OH would have to be off work for 3 or 4 days. Accomodation,petrol,dog kennel,to name a few.  I'm not happy but it seems it is the way it has to be. Even if I go by myself OH still has to take time off work to see to the kids. We have no other family that can look after them. Still trying to work something out and I haven't given up yet.

Mum is still going. She will get there by hook or by aircraft!

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2006, 12:23:16 »
Heldi, tell us the time of the funeral, we can spend a moment with you from wherever we are.

Take care, be strong, another big hug
FL
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2006, 12:29:19 »
Flowerlady I'm choked. What a lovely generous thought.  Thankyou.

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2006, 12:32:47 »
:-*
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2006, 12:37:34 »
Heldi

I am so sorry that it has taken me a while to reply to your post.

I know how you feel. my thoughts are with you Heldi.  I am always about if you want a chat.  :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 12:40:12 by joji »

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2006, 13:01:38 »
Would just like to say my thoughts are with you and especially your Mum. I do hope things work out  so that your Mum can attend your Aunt's funeral without too much stress. Very best wishes for the future I hope your Mum will be able to spend many years near to you. Take care of yourself. Lorna.

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2006, 15:03:52 »
Jill and Lorna.

Thankyou for your support and best wishes.

What a lovely bunch of people you all are.

Helen x

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2006, 15:11:27 »
How are you bearing up Heldi?

That's a lovely idea from Flowerlady, we could do that.

Take care,

Big hug,

CLx

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2006, 15:25:22 »
Heldi. Hope you're okay  :)

Maybe you could use your garden centre vouchers to buy a plant to commemorate your Auntie?

Trixie XXX
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2006, 15:27:20 »
I'm alright CL.  

My eyes well up when I read this thread  :)

Hope you are ok. Wanted to pm you about the next instalment of my search. No where near the end yet but plodding on!

(I'm searching for my natural mother.)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2006, 15:34:17 »
Trixie I had thought that whilst I was down at the funeral I'd call in a garden centre if I had time and choose a plant to bring home to put in my garden. Since I'm probs not going to be there I've been thinking about it some more.

I remember my aunt telling me about a Rowan tree she had in her garden. My birthday is on halloween and she was telling me the Rowan wards off evil spirits so she wouldn't be getting any spooks that night. I'm thinking along those lines now since its something I clearly remember. Need to research though. Size etc.

Look at me...I'm supposed to be looking up cold frame designs not thinking about Rowan trees!

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2006, 15:35:37 »
there is always time for healthy diversions!! ;)

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2006, 15:56:36 »
Plant idea sounds great, and therapeutic. Something to remember her by. Don;t know anything about Rowan trees, but sounds well worth looking into.

Heldi, pm me anytime re your search....

Take care,

CLx

joji

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2006, 16:58:42 »

(I'm searching for my natural mother.)

If you need some support on that. I have been and done it. Wasn't a nice experience for me but I am here for you if you need a chat. :)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2006, 17:21:58 »
Heldi - I'm not good at these times. Your rowan would make the birds happy with the berries?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 17:27:57 by tim »

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2006, 17:31:45 »
Heldi: Elderfower is a good protector too. Trixie XX

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2006, 14:16:18 »
Jill... thanks  ;D

Tim I've been looking online at Rowans. Bit big for my garden. Not that that will stop me because for every plant there is a pot!  I'm potty about pots. The berries would be a great addition to the garden and I'm all for the birds. Have looked at Kashmir Rowan with lovely white berries. Also Vilmorin Rowan. Can't get a good picture of that one. Both are more compact than the usual Rowan. Very nice but aunt had the traditional Rowan.  Wonder if it's available in bonsai?!

Oooh Trixie I have an Elderberry. Does that mean I'm protected from myself?! I've been accused of being a witch many times lol! 

Funny thing is, looking for these trees had made me feel like I'm doing something positive. I'm going to try to see if there are any plants with her name next.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2006, 15:38:17 »
HELDI: < have an Elderberry. Does that mean I'm protected from myself?! I've been accused of being a witch many times lol>

LOL! No, it doesn't mean you're protected from yourself ... unless you're your own 'worst enemy'!  ;)

I wish you luck with choosing a tree/plant for your Auntie. I've got an olive tree here ready to plant that my Uncle bought me just before he died. It will be a lovely moment when I plant it!

crackintackle

• Not So New ...
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2006, 15:42:39 »
Hi Heldi - long time no speak.....

Deepest sorrows to hear of your Aunt, I know the devestation you must be going through - lost my mum at the end of last year and feel lost.

Rowan - try Josephs Coat.  It was recommended to me by Goldilocks a couple of months ago - neat size, good shape, good colour and a feast for the birds.  I planted 'Julia's Rose' for my mum - she loved her garden.

Chin up sweetie, mum will need you to be strong.

Keep in touch Heldi.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal