Author Topic: December grass cutting {GG}  (Read 4983 times)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
Re: December grass cutting {GG}
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 15:03:15 »
Thats the same one so be scared, be VERY scared....{GG}.  She locks her men in the shed you know and only brings them out when she wants something <shiver>
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 15:06:37 »
Wot like wanting your sweets and things

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 16:29:53 »
If she has an axe in her hand Mike you had better get ready to hand over the sweets.......and things!

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 16:55:24 »
Nah I'll get AD to help me.  He's bigger than her, I know cos he pushed 'er off the sofa.

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2005, 17:53:37 »
Don't underestimate the lass Mike...

My Governor is only five foot two inches and she scares the hell out of me when she's angry which is thankfully not very often  ;)

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2005, 17:57:05 »
Mike, I've googled "How to get your slugs to line up..." and booked you on a course......don't say I never do anything for you...
Icy....just.....oh dear..... ;D ;)

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2005, 18:55:18 »
Mike  - I only just read your sad plight re no couch grass so stuck on what to do with wayward slugs.  Problem solved - I spent part of my Christmas digging you up some lovely fresh couch roots and have carefully packed them so that they won't suffer any damage in the post - so, if you just pm me your address, I'll get them straight off to you.  No, really, no need to thank me ... I'll do the same for anyone who wants any ....  ;D ;D

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2005, 09:57:52 »
Thanks ellkebe,

That's one of the things I like about this site the generosity of the members, but sometimes not having something is good for charactor development.  So thanks again but I'll pass this time and if the lack gets to much I'll come back to you.  It would only be fair though if we swapped, so bindweed?, Japanese knotweed? I'll find something nice OK.

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2005, 18:12:06 »
So that's a no then Mike?
Ok, still wanting to help, so how about I send you some of my trained-up slugs later in the year, and they can help you train up yours?  Obviously, they're not particularly bright animals, but if I send sufficient quantities, I'm sure it'd be a success. 
Yes? No? ......

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2005, 19:50:09 »
Might need to wait until I've done the "How to get your slugs to line up..." course that lottie has booked for me.  It could well be that after the course I will be able to go solo.  Thanks again for your generosity be sure I will think of a way to repay you.  (twirls his moustache and exits stage left).

undercarriage plan

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2005, 20:21:11 »
Starts Jan 10th, and you have to bring your own slugs.....and wake them up first....can't be doing with sloppy slug control....

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2005, 09:31:36 »
Starts Jan 10th,

How can I go on the 10th with all this to celebrate and remember

In Britain, Sir Rowland Hill introduces the 'Penny Post'. An estimated 112,000 letters are posted in London on the first day.
British Prime Minister William Gladstone opens the first section of London's Underground Railway - the 'Metropolitan' line runs from Paddington to Farringdon Street - stopping at 7 stations along the route.
Archaeologists find the tomb of Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt
British Field Marshal, Frederick Lord Roberts, arrives in South Africa to take over as Commander in Chief of the British forces fighting the Boer War.
Oil is discovered in Texas, USA.
Austria passes a bill to extend the vote to all males aged 24 or over.
Ratification of the 'Treaty of Versailles' - officially bringing an end to World War I.
The League of Nations holds its first meeting at Geneva. The organisation is dissolved in 1946 and replaced by the United Nations.
First appearance of the cartoon strip character 'Tin-Tin'.
First United Nations' General Assembly is held in London.
Harold Macmillan becomes Prime Minister following the resignation of Sir Anthony Eden

Be reasonable

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2005, 10:59:24 »
You could always go for gold and upgrade to the slugs masterclass.  That way you could you train the slugs to act out each occasion for you.    Ta ra!  Problem solved......think I'll finish this bottle of scotch now....... ;D
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2005, 11:03:58 »
 ;D ;D ;D
Icy, how can you expect him to do the Master Class without doing the Introduction course first.... ::) Poor man will have out of control slugs running around all over the place, nothing more dangerous than a half trained slug...put the scotch down...and finish cutting that grass!
Mike, I really think you need to get your priorities straight...

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2005, 11:06:30 »
Don't think I haven't tried, but the curling tongs seem to be broken.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2005, 11:26:05 »
Slugs don't have hair.... ::)

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2005, 11:29:43 »
:) :) :) Idiot! :D :D They're for straighting me priorities

undercarriage plan

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2005, 11:30:58 »
You need straighteners then... ::) ::) ::) ;) and I was a lady a minute ago!! ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal