Author Topic: December grass cutting {GG}  (Read 5016 times)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
December grass cutting {GG}
« on: December 17, 2005, 15:48:46 »
Been working all day with the unmown lawn mocking me as I never got to it after the warm Autumn so had about 8 inches of growth!   

So as it was reasonably dry thought I'd get my own back so have just finished all my grass.  Trouble is neighbours now think I am truly mad having done so this late in December.

Do you think if I strip to my boxer shorts, get Madonna blaring out Holiday on the speakers and sit out in a chair I could convince them its summer.   Maybe the addition of a BBQ would do the trick.....

What dya think?   8) ;D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 16:01:47 by Icyberjunkie »
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

undercarriage plan

Re: December grass cutting {GG}
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 15:52:08 »
Well if you do, please, please , please post a pic!!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 16:53:59 »
Dare You ;D ;D 8)
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 16:55:17 »
Our neighbour was cutting his lawn (not sure your really could call it that) today, I thought he was totally barmy! Now I know he's not the only one ;D

Would love to see you in your shorts icy ;) ;D
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 17:33:28 »
Perfectly sane if you ask me.  I have been cutting mine once a fortnight since....well since 2005!!  It was like a shag pile yesterday and littered with leaves, to a nice short back and sides and it now looks very neat and tidy.  Now the neighbours know what I am like about gardening so would expect nothing less, but if I were out there Christmas day.......... ::)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 17:41:59 »
Well mine is going to have to wait until next spring now, but the idea of the barbeque appeals ...

Derekthefox ;D

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 17:35:26 »
My couch grass doesn't know the meaning of the word December - I've read it a dictionary definition, I've reminded it about the seasons, we've discussed the notion of dormancy, but no - it's still bl**dy growing  >:( ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 18:02:25 »
Ah well you see, you forgot the stern look and finger waggling... ::) ;)

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 09:53:07 »
And then I'll send it all to stand in a corner - result  ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2005, 12:03:02 »
well done that girl!! Now be tough and don't let it back til it agrees to stay in a tiny weeny area, and spontaneously turn into sweetcorn..... ;D
well, what's Christmas without a few wishes....

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2005, 18:30:40 »
BUt life being what it is...when it does move into the corner you can grab the flame flower cunningly hidden under your bobble hat and waste those vermin, or bomb them, or nuke 'em or, or or......

oh yes - I don't like couch grass by the way ;D
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 12:38:11 »
My master plan at the moment goes along the lines of

1) send the couch grass to the corner til it sees the error of its ways (so - for ever!)
2) train/cajole/intimidate/mesmerise/bribe or whatever it takes the slugs into believing that couch is gourmet slug food
3) enjoy the rest of my couch/slug free plot in complete organic smugness  ;D

(fall back position is the flame thrower  ;D ;D)

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 12:51:07 »
My master plan at the moment goes along the lines of

1) send the couch grass to the corner til it sees the error of its ways (so - for ever!)
2) train/cajole/intimidate/mesmerise/bribe or whatever it takes the slugs into believing that couch is gourmet slug food
3) enjoy the rest of my couch/slug free plot in complete organic smugness  ;D

(fall back position is the flame thrower  ;D ;D)

But I don't have any couch grass, how am I going to get rid of my slugs?

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 13:44:15 »
Yes, but I don't throw very well.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2005, 13:51:24 »
Wardy!!! I'm shocked and surprised at you..... ::) You sit the slugs in a row, and explain in a firm but friendly manner, your problem with their eating habits.....have prepared a few bowls of alternatives for them to try.....if this doeasn't work, then at least you've got them all lined up, should help you aim, Mike..

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 14:03:37 »
.....if this doesn't work, then at least you've got them all lined up, should help you aim, Mike..

Do you think they would line up for me! :o a mere man, goody this I've got to try. (I suspect you are really taking the p*ss and I'll be out there all night and they'll ignore me).

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 14:37:55 »
That not very nice for the slugs.  I mean its like shooting pheasants on the ground instead of on the wing.  Not that I've shot anything either way of course.

Nope it just wonlt do.  What you have to do is stalk them, enjoy the chase, then get them with salt.  If you want a real challenge you could set yourself a limit on distance and on only throwing one salt grain at a time.  The best thing is by the time you've cleared the plot of slugs it will be spring again  ;D

I have also been seen slightly inebriated in the late summer evenings giggling manically at the vision of msyelf as I've waondered the garden with a stick in one hand and beer in the other.  NOooooooooooooo you idiots!  I DRINK the beer.  The stick is for picking up slugs and then slinging them over the garden wall trusting to luck that I don't hit any pedestrians or cars as they foolishly walk or drive past............. ;D ;D ;D

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 14:43:09 »
So are you saying that I can't get them to line up for me

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 14:57:41 »
After all that I'm not sure - I think so....but never tried.......only LOttie is THAT mad!!  ::)

MikeB

• Hectare
  • Harleston, Norfolk
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 15:01:10 »
Is that the same LOttie that does thigh slapping in the A4 panto? ???
 :) :) :) :) :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal