Author Topic: Changing tastes  (Read 10356 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: Changing tastes
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2005, 16:55:13 »
Oooh is heaven in a grill, Wards...Mmm no tasty smiley....a lost now.. ???
 ???Max, does it taste very different to marmite, cos marmite's like ketchup, has to be Heinz....well, apart from marmite being brown and ketchup not....  ::)

terrace max

• Hectare
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2005, 16:57:57 »
Trust me  :)
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

undercarriage plan

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2005, 17:14:31 »
Did you happen to say that in slow, hypnotic voice....cos have been trigger happy again... ::) ::) ::) OK no more purchasing suggestions regarding food, seeds, phones or small furry animals.....

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2005, 18:06:58 »
mmmmmmmmmmmm, love marmite, and daughter number one can eat it straight from the jar with a spoon!  Try marmite and iceberg lettuce sangers......YUMSKY!!  Love peanut butter and I can eat that one straight from the jar!!  Olives, could, and do eat them by the sack full, stuffed, unstuffed, black or green, just lurve them.  Capers are a new acquired taste, and now love them in a pizza or mixed with pasta for that zingy zing.  As a kidney I hated beef, but as a 20 something I discovered you could eat it rare and found that I love it as bloody as hell!  Didn't think I would like sushi, until I tried it and now I can't get enough of it!!

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2005, 18:09:40 »
Thanks for thinking of me Terracemax, but no, think I will still give that stuff a miss...

Derekthefox :D

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2005, 21:52:32 »
eeep - I couldn't touch beef, rare or otherwise <shiver>

I too hate marmite, yet for some odd reason I rather like vegemite. Just different enough to cross over from yeuch to mmmmm.

Sushi - yum. I make my own veggie sushi (and it's a major reason for growing cukes!) The first time I dared to eat raw fish was in a proper Japanese restaurant where most of the people weren't speaking English! I was suitably worried about not liking it, and was totally amazed at how totally different it tastes to cooked!

Now can't get enough...

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

reedos

• Half Acre
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2005, 22:34:20 »
Marmite no no no no no

Can't add anything to that

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2005, 22:39:24 »
Does anyone like 'Tripe and Onions'????  I do not.   but I have to cook it for me old mother who just loves it.   The smell turns my stomach but I cook it anyways and shut all the doors with the fan on.

I like Marmite but cannot face Bovril. 

;D ;D ;D ;D

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2005, 10:24:54 »
tripe - bleh!

My mother used to love it - it would turn my dad and me green at the hint of the smell.  Don't think she cooks it any more!

One taste I don't think I'll ever acquire!

<yuk>

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2005, 10:41:57 »
Tripe - No !

Sushi? Never tried it but I would be very willing to. The problem in our house is that my family are not particularly adventurous with food ... I will have to see if I can get some from a supermarket ...

Derekthefox :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal