General > Top Tips

Parsley and Delphiniums

(1/1)

john_miller:
 The past two years on the Beeb boards there were some enquiries concerning problems getting these two species to germinate promptly. I get the impression that people are getting impatient to start sowing so I would like to repeat the tips that I have received concerning them and that have worked for me.
 For parsley seeds:- Bring a small quantity of water to a boil, then pour it over the seeds (carrying it out to my greenhouse allowed it to cool sufficently that the seeds didn't get cooked). Leave for a day. Sow as normal.
 For delphiniums:- Put the seeds, in the seed packet, in a freezer for 3 weeks. Then sow as normal.

teresa:
Oh John regarding Parsley.
Mum used to have some tricks hers was to have a shallow drill then sprinkle the seed in the drill and then with a kettle full of boiling water pour over seeds and cover with the earth.
Worked every time for her she always had a good bed of parsley.

aquilegia:
Last year I tried soaking my parsley seeds, but nothing grew. The year before I did Teresa's mum's method and it worked really well.

Mrs Ava:
Doesn't the saying go that if you can grow parsley easily you will have lots of children  ???  

(I can grow it very easily, straight from the packet......2.5 is enough for me.....where are those bricks!?!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version