Author Topic: RBG Kew and Chihuly Glass  (Read 5308 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
RBG Kew and Chihuly Glass
« on: October 15, 2005, 19:29:31 »
I recently had a three day visit to London to see the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, and the Chihuly Glass on display there. I've uploaded just a few of my 362 photos to the following site (I hope this works!) and invite you to visit and look. I love Kew Gardens, and found the glass to be absolutely stunning.

http://www.pixum.co.uk/members/plocket/?act=a_view&st=0&album=1907599&ktw=063ddbbfaa773682192f2ab86753d6b8
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
Re: RBG Kew and Chihuly Glass
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 19:48:01 »
Sorry. You can not access this album 

not working P :'(
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 20:50:18 »
 :'( got exactly the same message as GW.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 22:52:30 »
Same response here ???.

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 23:48:13 »
 :'(   :'( Me too.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 00:24:40 »
I can't see it either. I haven't been to Kew since I went as a kid with my miserable father who didn't want to be there with me, and spent the day making it obvious.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 09:09:14 »
Grrrrr! I've had a play - see if this works now! (Fingers crossed!!!)
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 10:22:12 »
  it's working

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 10:32:05 »
fantastic P :)
the glass work's superb......it's all been added to my christmas wish list ;D
my favs are those of the trees & the bamboo :)
enjoyed that  ;D

Lord Steve

• Half Acre
    • Turn 'Em Green
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2005, 17:56:30 »
Thanks for sharing those, Plocket! Lovely photos. Some of that glass is amazing. I loved the close up of the rain on the bamboo, too.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 18:29:43 »
Thank you! I would urge anyone to go and visit Kew Gardens, but especially while the glass is there. Both are absolutely fantastic. Kew does have a special place in my heart though.

Lord Steve I love your new avatar. Funnily enough I saw a little chap like that at a friends house recently - where did you get him?

NeilB

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 18:52:37 »
Thank you! I would urge anyone to go and visit Kew Gardens, but especially while the glass is there. Both are absolutely fantastic. Kew does have a special place in my heart though.

Totally agree with you Plocket. I am lucky enough to live 10 mins walk away from Kew Gardens and have been visiting the gardens since my mum used to take me and my sister over there during the school summer holidays.
Now me and my girlfriend are friends of Kew and visit every few weeks, and although Kew is beautiful in the summer months I personally think a walk around the gardens on a freezing cold day in the middle of winter is very special, and I'm looking forward to doing the same over the coming months!. (I think I should get a job at Kew in the advertising dept! ;D ;D). Oh and the carol evening at Christmas is unmissable!!

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 18:57:52 »
Neil I am green with envy now!!! I used to live within visiting distance (Bromley) and went to Kew as often as I could. I've moved northwards now and this trip has been the first (but hopefully not the last) for a good few years. Funnily enough on this visit I missed Concorde! The last time I visited I lay on a mound near the Princess of Wales Conservatory and watched it fly over, marvelling at the wonders of nature and man!

NeilB

• Not So New ...
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 19:02:05 »
lol Well I'm really going to annoy you now!. Not only do I live 10 mins walking distance from Kew, but I work at Heathrow Airport and see the last remaining Concorde that they have there every day.....sorry :-[ :)

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 19:03:39 »
He he he! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  >:( ;D >:(

Twospot Ladybird

• Acre
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2005, 19:29:02 »
Great pics Plocket  :), some of the glass is a bit too weird for me though  :-\

Lord Steve

• Half Acre
    • Turn 'Em Green
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 19:34:48 »
Lord Steve I love your new avatar. Funnily enough I saw a little chap like that at a friends house recently - where did you get him?

He lives under a bridge! My Mum picked him up on one of their many jaunts and captured him and brought him home and gave him to me to look after!!

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005, 20:07:52 »
A bridge on your vast estate? What a lucky fella! I hope you don't have too many goats though.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 23:27:38 »
I have been watching the glass being installed at Kew with old Alan Ti tchmarsh on the year at Kew prog on Thursday nights.  I adore the glass, but I am passionate about coloured glass!  Love it amongst the cacti!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat pics Plocket!  Haven't been to Kew since I was in my teens when I went with my darling Dad.  Must take my darling Ava and the kids!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2005, 09:40:12 »
Oh Plocket - thanks for sharing those great photos with us :-*  It took me back to my visit last year (even though it did pour with rain most of the time :'()  The glass photos are amazing, I particularly liked the Persian Chandelier.  I too watched the preparations on A Year at Kew.

Talking of Concorde - I saw what must have been one of (if not the last) flights coming in to London Airport when travelling on a coach down the M25.  The coach driver slowed down so that we could see it better and I managed to get a great shot of it through the coach window just as it was going over.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal