Author Topic: RBG Kew and Chihuly Glass  (Read 5312 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: RBG Kew and Chihuly Glass
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 10:13:05 »
I love the boat !  Great pictures P. I'd love to see it for real. Too far for me though without making it a see the relatives expedition. Then I wouldn't get any peace!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 10:28:14 »
I was once down on the allotment when a Concorde came over low. What a noise! They used to rattle the windows something awful when I was in Cornwall, until the volume of protests grew to such a pitch they had to re-route them further offshore. We still got the sonic booms occasionally. I can't honestly mourn its passing.

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 12:33:59 »
What wonderful photographs !  Thanks for showing.  ;) ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 14:59:04 »
Kew is great isn't it. We went to see this for the OH birthday in July. The scultures were amazing, I didn't really believe they were made of glass till I also saw them on the Year at Kew programme.

We had a wonderful day but did feel like we missed a lot, there was so much to see it was difficult to take in on one visit.

Gardengirl - that concorde photo is fab, very lucky shot! I have never seen it and I suppose now never will.

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 17:26:36 »
Gardengirl the concorde photo is fantastic!

Heldi get your OH to sort it out as a birthday present. I only got to go because OH put me up in a hotel for two nights! He had LP and I had Kew!!! I drove down, did an afternoon at Kew, stayed in the hotel, did a whole day at Kew, another night (including fire alarm in the middle of the night!!!) and then a long morning and lunch at Kew before driving home again. It was wonderful seeing it without family in tow - very special.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 20:37:32 »
Oooh what a lovely treat! Mind you,you are much braver than me,I can't imagine ever doing something like that. What a scaredy cat I am!

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 08:49:05 »
Just to echo what Plocket, & others, have said about the Chihuly glass: it is fabulous. If you have a chance, GO. We are also Friends of Kew (what a quaint title) & go there at least once a month, it is so lovely. Next week they are having some late openings so you can see the glass lit up. We'll be there.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2005, 09:15:56 »
I got rather a lot of Chihuly pics a few weeks ago when the weather was incredible for September and we nearly melted! My favourite is the chandelier in the Temperate House. 

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2005, 10:15:41 »
I too particularly liked the Persian chandelier, but found it very difficult to say what I liked next!!! Everything was so varied and delightful. I can't stop raving about it and have just started putting a photo album together!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Juliet

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2005, 17:53:48 »
Lovely pictures, Plocket.  The glass is stunning, but I like the herons better than the more spectacular pieces - I am not a great fan of "things" in the garden - I prefer to just see plants!  I like the photos of the magnolia & the ones looking up into the trees best.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal