Author Topic: Farewell from Derekthefox  (Read 15474 times)

Glyn

• Hectare
Re: Farewell from Derekthefox
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2005, 17:22:20 »
Thats enough of this-I'm leaving too.

Goodbye all

Back in halfhour...Te he
                          ;D ;D ;D ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2005, 17:23:02 »
Oh sorry if I upset you bags.  You know I don't mean it.  Friends?  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2005, 17:24:34 »
course  ;D
Get with the beat Baggy

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2005, 17:27:32 »
Phew  :) 

Right, do yous all think it's safe for me to go and get me tea, do a bit of housework,go and weed me wallflowers for a few hours, without any major upheavals on here?  Sure?  Well, OK but stay here til I get back  ;D

Wardy

madmum

• Half Acre
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2005, 17:35:23 »
You forgot polish my trophy on that to do list!
 ;) ;) ;)

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2005, 17:57:51 »
Nobody go doing anything rash til I get back*.  It's first day back at cubs tonight and I need to be cool, calm and collected.
*in fact dont go doing rash things at all !
Get with the beat Baggy

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2005, 18:44:08 »
Wardy. Unless I misunderstood you I thought you were having a restful day? So whats with the housework and weeding of the wallflowers? Now come on play the game ;D As I have only done ironing and hoovering today(UGH) I am off to water the plants. Lorna.
PS Didn't have time to do anything else have been on here too much ::)

madmum

• Half Acre
can you feel it?
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2005, 18:58:45 »
Derek
Can you feel the genuine warmth and friendship, cos from where I'm sitting (not too comfily I may add!) there's a lot there going in your direction.
 :) :) :)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2005, 19:00:21 »
DO NOT GO

Can you be specific Derek - I know two wrongs do not make a right but perhaps we could organise a mass flaming session.  I value your presence on this board - I regard ourselves as like minded individuals (I hope I am not insulting you) by which I mean that we both love gardening - seeking advice and passing on that advice when needed but also taking a light hearted views and being able to have a laugh.  I think most people on this board are like that - names that immediately spring to mind are Lottie (who will miss you terribly) wardy, dibber etc.  You should not leave - as I said to Marianne when it happened to her, it should be perpetrators that are hounded off the board.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
Thank You from Derekthefox
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2005, 19:17:05 »
It is about time I did a response, this must be the fastest thread in the history of the site.

OK, we all have dark times, this morning was possibly the darkest time ever for me, I truly felt that I had no friends here, perhaps a couple of acquaintances who would prefer to keep in touch, but that was all. All I expected from my post was a couple of replies.

Therefore to say I am overwhelmed by the response is an understatement, I am totally gobsmacked ! This morning I felt so unwelcome, but the warmth being shown is truly awesome. To leave now, I would have to be clinically insane.

So thank you, each and every one, those who posted here, and those who used the personal message facility or email, I hope I can return your concern at some future time.

I love you all

Derekthefox :D

ps The drinks are on me  ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 19:19:30 by Derekthefox »

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2005, 19:18:25 »
Gosh one day in work and the world goes bonkers.   ;)   Derek, I am sorry that you have decide(well almost) to leave A4A.  I had to make the sad decision to let my much loved allotment go due to work/family/time commitments and it upset me a great deal, however it was upsetting me more not to do something I loved, well.  Although I did get a lot of experience, I do feel that I am not that well up on veggies and allotment life to comment on a lot of postings.  Also the huge influx of Newbies to this great site makes it difficult to keep up with everyone.  Not all of us oldies have gone... we just lurk in the corners a bit more.  As to the chat room.  well things haven't been the same on there for some time, have they??  I shall be sorry if you do go but wish you all the best if you do..  best of luck with the marathon and good wishes for your wonderful guitar playing.  :-*  Mimi

Ha ha similtaneous posting...........   Make mine a big one please.......what ever it is!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 19:20:22 by Mimi »
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2005, 19:21:45 »
Hello RC  Hope you had a good day at the sharp end of edyukayshon  :)  
Some of us had trophies to polish  ;D  All hell breaking loose while you were daydreaming about your sweetcorn glut (we wish) while supposed to be teaching your latest input of ungrateful sproglets

I hope DTF listens to you  :)

Lorna   I got absolutely soaking wet through weeding those wallflowers (volunteer of the year award is what I should have got a trophy for  ;)) My trainers (well, not mine come to think of it, oo ek) got that much mud on them I couldn't lift my feet.  Came home to hot shower.  Still got tea to make which I think will consist of glass or three of wine and some crusty bread  :)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2005, 19:35:49 »
Scroll down Wardy

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2005, 19:37:34 »
DO NOT GO

Can you be specific Derek - I know two wrongs do not make a right but perhaps we could organise a mass flaming session.  I value your presence on this board - I regard ourselves as like minded individuals (I hope I am not insulting you) by which I mean that we both love gardening - seeking advice and passing on that advice when needed but also taking a light hearted views and being able to have a laugh.  I think most people on this board are like that - names that immediately spring to mind are Lottie (who will miss you terribly) wardy, dibber etc.  You should not leave - as I said to Marianne when it happened to her, it should be perpetrators that are hounded off the board.

Just read through the rest of the thread so read above again substituting Eric for Derek.  You can also read it thorugh again substituting your own name - unless you are the people who offended Derek, Eric or Marianne - in which case you can just bog off.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2005, 20:01:04 »
Wardy. HAVE YOU HAD RAIN???? I have just had to do the watering as everything in the tubs and baskets are dry..Even the plants in the unbrella of the hedge had to be watered.. I want to know how I have so much deadheading to do after only leaving it for one day!! Enjoy your wine. Oh I love crusty bread with brussels pate spread thick, how fattening is it? Lorna.
Sorry going off original  contents of this thread.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2005, 20:26:57 »
Who cares Lorna, just be happy!

mmm crusty bread, pate and wine . . .

Derekthefox  :D  :P

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2005, 20:40:58 »
Sorry Derek Have to disagree... Crusty bread, pate and  BRANDY & LEMONADE ;D Lorna.
PS Very seldom I am unhappy but after two or three brandies theres no holding me :o

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2005, 20:51:04 »
Cheers markb23, you're a real gem you know! ! !

Derekthefox  :D

TEL

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2005, 21:10:11 »
if you want to send sh-- pm ill take them .
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 07:01:20 by TEL »

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2005, 21:46:56 »
Can I ask if posting on message boards can be a bit like driving a car. Because people are in their own little space they sometimes behave rather differently than they otherwise might?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal