Author Topic: Wonderful day, sigh...!  (Read 6010 times)

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
Re: Wonderful day, sigh...!
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 00:01:08 »
Eek! Pink fir  flowering and dying... ?blight?  in which case, the only thing you could do is dig now.

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 06:50:43 »
As long as the kids eat them lottie, too many children turn their noses up at anything just a little bit unusual . . . I think they are a first class potato  :D

Anyway this may be my last post this morning, since I have been given the day off  ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 06:52:49 by Derekthefox »

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2005, 09:48:57 »
Bet it'll throw it down then Derek  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2005, 16:54:04 »
The plants hadn't died, just the flowers!!!!!! No sign of blight yet.....fingers corssed!! I hope your day off recharged those musical batteries, Derek!!!! Lottie ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2005, 18:02:39 »
Thanks for that vote of confidence wardy !
To be honest, I have had a truly exquisite day, pure bliss in fact, and have lots of motivation for more music, although it can't be rushed ...

However as payback for a lovely day, I have done a classical version of what is claimed to be one of the most romantic ballads ever written - Greensleeves. I am taxing the limits both of my technique, and the sound quality, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Existing arrangements stand.  :D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2005, 19:44:33 »
Glad you had a good day Derek  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2005, 19:47:20 »
Glad you recharged, Dibber and I have list - potato two step, gooseberry gander, strawberry salsa, ragged runners........ ;DLottie

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2005, 13:27:49 »
Ok still on holiday today, and feel I should at least do what I can while I have the time . . .

A new piece called Divigando, in a style known as a choro from Brazil. Lottie, hope this helps you to destress, with so much in your life at the moment, enjoy it as you prance around your allotment, picking your beans etc. Don't forget to take this with you on holiday Dibber, perhaps the dogs might like to join in! ! !

Oh yes, cefer has now been added to the standard mailing list. Anyone else just pm me your addy.  :D

ps dibber, can you empty your email intray, keeps bouncing me

undercarriage plan

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2005, 14:48:27 »
I now need hours of Turkish massage I think!!! Had to do 4 hours of lawn scarifying today...4hours!!!! So stiff can barely move!! Music wonderful, Derek, destressing beautifully, think I'll break rake next week, accidentally..... ;) Lottie  ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2005, 15:44:23 »
Ok, just as proof of how inspired I am feeling, here is a gorgeous piece written as an Habanera (like a tango) - Cubanita. Just listen to this when soaking in a perfumed bath with lots of candles around - or one of those private romantic moments with someone special, oops showing my true nature again Doh!

Jill has been added to the distribution list now.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 15:48:44 by Derekthefox »

undercarriage plan

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2005, 15:52:40 »
I would, Derek, but if you remember, my OH is "remodelling" :-\ the bathroom.......not the world's most relaxing place at min, my bathroom.......probably be better off in shed!!!!! Water off again tomorrow :'( :'( :'( Lottie  ;)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2005, 15:56:30 »
Ah well, just close your eyes when on the allotment, with your mp3 player, and use your imagination . . .  :D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2005, 18:42:40 »
I am going from strength to strength here! Yet another one, this is pure fun, a Waltz in E, great for tripping and skipping around the carrots and beetroot !  :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2005, 18:48:24 »
Well, I have to say, I was skipping champion at school......I kid you not!! Was musicless today as well, my little ol' man spent 4 hours telling me how to rake..... ::) Bless him, he's a sweetie really, think he's just checking I can work as well as these male gardeners....dread to think what next week will bring.....I do know it involves a ladder, plastic sheeting and a yew tree......... :-\
Lottie ;D ;D ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2005, 16:48:33 »
Another day, seize the high points and translate them into an exquisite bolero . . . This gives me enough material for a cd now !  :D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2005, 19:50:52 »
Wow, just realised that I have achieved a long sought after ambition - a whole cd of my own playing. The actual recording quality is necessarily quite poor, and the musicianship is also very amateur, but I have now produced my own master cd!

So this year's Christmas presents are already sorted . . .  ;D

I must remember the credits of course, all those in A4A who have provided encouragement, and then there is the source for the inspiration . . .

undercarriage plan

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2005, 20:59:47 »
Ah yes, boiler man and electrician...... ;) Lottie  ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2005, 10:36:35 »
As I am sat here, listening to this disc, I am puzzling over the role of the boilerman and the sparky . . . not that I want to deny them any legitimate claim to the actual production  :D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2005, 21:28:16 »
How can you possibly not include the boiler man and the electrician!!!!! I'm surprise at you, Derek!! We all know their true worth ??? Lottie  ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2005, 06:25:32 »
OK I can see the link now, apart from which I was brought up never to argue with a lady !  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal