Author Topic: Six of the eleven that Daughter has been kit-sitting for 2 weeks!  (Read 2484 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 18:55:24 by tim »

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Six of the eleven that Daughter has been kit-sitting for 2 weeks!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 20:48:10 »
Do my eyes deceive me, or are there seven kits plus mum? ???
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:09:25 »
Gotcha - two mums!!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 11:34:15 »
 ;D ;D ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 12:18:29 »
They are gorgeous. Love the shine on the mum's coat. Looks so healthy.  How is your daughter coping with eleven kittens?!!!  We looked after my brother's three kittens one year at Christmas. All three went up the tree and the whole thing came crashing down..whilst they jumped onto the curtains.

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 13:34:43 »
How? Very badly - given the poo everywhere - even in the coconut matting!! The owner has now returned from holiday.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 09:19:18 »
Oh they look cute though. Keep meaning to see if our cat would accept a kitten in the house but am in two minds since she'll probably have enough trouble (as will both of us humans!) in coping with a baby, let alone a kitten as well.

moonbells

Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 11:02:14 »
We introduced a kitten to our household 2 years back and the established cat (who had always lived with another cat, her mother) took an instant dislike to him.

the vet suggested feeding them in seperate bowls and keeping them apart whilst he was young.   (don't know how I didn't think of that myself, D'Oh!)

2 years later they tollerate each other amicably, although I don't think that they will ever get to the 'washing each other stage', Sox, the older one, rarely washes herself, so there's no chance that she'll do it for another cat!

Anyhooo, when Max was about 16 weeks old (or about that - I can't remember exactly) we took him to the vets and whipped his pride and joy's off and he instantly started to grow at a faster rate and is now as big as Sox who is 11 years old and weighs 13 lbs!!

Moral of the story; they get used to it!
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 17:40:21 »
Keep meaning to see if our cat would accept a kitten in the house but am in two minds since she'll probably have enough trouble (as will both of us humans!) in coping with a baby, let alone a kitten as well.

moonbells

Please don't be changing cat litter if you are pregnant though, risk of Toxoplasmosis and all that. Babies just love investigating litter trays too.... :P Adopting a bit older cat might work though?

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 09:30:48 »
OMG they are absolutely GORGEOUS  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D 

Your daughter must have the patience of a saint to look after eleven of the little beauts  :o
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 12:59:38 »
Keep meaning to see if our cat would accept a kitten in the house but am in two minds since she'll probably have enough trouble (as will both of us humans!) in coping with a baby, let alone a kitten as well.

moonbells

Please don't be changing cat litter if you are pregnant though, risk of Toxoplasmosis and all that. Babies just love investigating litter trays too.... :P Adopting a bit older cat might work though?

Disposable gloves!!!! Have to as hubbie still away and won't be back for couple of weeks. Also a really thick layer of newspaper so I can pick up the whole lot and just tip into a bin liner.

There will be a baby gate en route to the downstairs loo when crawling becomes a problem. Cat can get through or over!

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal