Author Topic: seed shopping sites  (Read 62843 times)

gypsy

• Quarter Acre
Re: seed shopping sites
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2011, 16:31:41 »
I recently ordered some from http://www.realseeds.co.uk Will see how well they grow.
They encourage seed saving. All varieties sold can have the seed saved - no f1 hybrids.
I have got some Golden Bantam sweetcorn at last!
The only problem is cross pollination  :( So I may have to buy more next year after all.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2011, 16:40:20 »
Gypsy...you could practise a bit of pollen harvesting do hand pollination and producing your own true seeds is sorted ;)
It is not difficult, just a little bother..and then you would have plentiful supply for all those interesting swaps ;) ;D

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2011, 17:04:42 »
Thought you spent up at Seedy Sunday! ;D ;D ;D

I got them at the seed swap, they had a stall  ;D

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2011, 13:47:33 »
From Belgium and they send abroad:
http://www.semaille.com/potageres/index.html

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2011, 15:24:49 »
Oh Galina..you just keep 'digging' these sites up ;D..carry on with good work ;)
But I start running out of my pocket money.
Anybody fancy trying their Finnish skills ;D...
http://www.exoticgarden.fi/index.php

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2011, 15:48:13 »
Oh Galina..you just keep 'digging' these sites up ;D..carry on with good work ;)
But I start running out of my pocket money.
Anybody fancy trying their Finnish skills ;D...
http://www.exoticgarden.fi/index.php
Thank you.  Well, it's the weekend, raining, the garden is horrible and very slippy underfoot.  I have done the greenhouse jobs, not yet time to start on dinner  .........  so I have been following up various veggie varieties, which often leads to foreign seed sites ......  yes I know, but purchasing is not compulsory.  

Now for that Finnish site .....  medicinal plants, dye plants, nordic adapted climate plants ...

I may be some time ...................................................... ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 15:50:18 by galina »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2011, 16:10:20 »
Not bad translation :o..with some languages google throws quite amusing translations..sometimes really rude ;D
I'm not quite 'fluent' with using translator and normally trying to use my grey cells instead ::)..I'm sure I've lost quite few of them recently.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2011, 17:26:54 »
Whoops I should not have visited this thread.  Seeds :P

Recently got some seeds from Sluis.  Wanted Amaroso brussel sprouts they also have Kamo Kamo squash.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2011, 17:30:22 »
Nice pics. 

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2011, 18:29:03 »
I notice that Kokopelli has now shop in English...but prices are in euros..and they are coming from France.
Last year they still had association with farmer in UK and seeds came from there..so it must be their 'friendship' came to an end and that's why the web shop that I've been asking about is not operation anymore... ???
Any way some more drooling to do..... ;)http://www.kokopelli.asso.fr/boutic/index-en.html

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2011, 19:19:56 »
Just came across this news article about seed companies.. :o serious business ::)
http://www.patnsteph.net/weblog/2010/01/kokopelli-in-new-conflict/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2011, 21:36:18 »
another one for the collection ;D ;)
http://www.magicgardenseeds.com/

darkbrowneggs

• Half Acre
    • Dark Brown Eggs
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 00:06:48 »
Hi All -  I am loving this thread.  Unfortunately already ordered all my stuff for this year, but even so I am tempted :o

This one wasn't mentioned, I have used them for a few years now.  They only have fairly ordinary stuff but it germinates and performs pretty well (especially if you choose to follow the Calendar) and there always seems to be plenty of seed in the packets

Stormy Hall Seeds

What are the potatoes like from Pennard Plants as they seem to have some I couldn't get hold of this year?

All the best and many thanks for all this lovely info
Sue
I love my traditional English Cuckoo Marans and their lovely big brown eggs

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2011, 19:56:23 »
Hi All -  I am loving this thread.  Unfortunately already ordered all my stuff for this year, but even so I am tempted :o

This one wasn't mentioned, I have used them for a few years now.  They only have fairly ordinary stuff but it germinates and performs pretty well (especially if you choose to follow the Calendar) and there always seems to be plenty of seed in the packets

Stormy Hall Seeds

What are the potatoes like from Pennard Plants as they seem to have some I couldn't get hold of this year?

All the best and many thanks for all this lovely info
Sue

Thank you for mentioning this new-to-me seed company, who are selling biodynamic Demeter seeds.  And also for the link to Magic Garden Seeds who have some nice heirlooms.

Pennards seed potatoes were fine last year ( we went to Hampshire Potato Day and they sold Pennards there).  They have Dutch seed potatoes as well as Scottish (and probably from other places) and this is why they stock varieties that are hard to get.  Last year they stocked Linzer Delicatesse, which is very difficult to find usually.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 19:59:59 by galina »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2011, 08:29:08 »

pumkinlover

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2011, 08:57:35 »
NO MORE PL.....EESE.... !!!!  STOP ;) ;) ;)

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2011, 09:34:23 »

This is why i have a huge boxes of seeds and the blokes on the allotment laugh at me!
 Is it a problem getting seeds sent from america? I have sent for some dwarf tomato seeds , are they not likely to come? It didn't say anything about postage problems on the site.
                   :-\

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2011, 10:24:06 »
I've never ordered anything from America..heirloom tomatoes that I just posted is UK company..bit pricey but nice collection...AND..they happen to be in Grow your own food show next weekend  :-X...I'm only going to check them out though..I don't need anymore seeds ::) (little white lie :-X) ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2011, 11:05:33 »
NO MORE PL.....EESE.... !!!!  STOP ;) ;) ;)

Another addict...  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal