Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 883422 times)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #460 on: February 19, 2008, 00:00:42 »
the other OH wheelabo?      You got two? ???

Blimey I have enough trouble with one 8) :D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

wheelabo

• Not So New ...
« Reply #461 on: February 19, 2008, 10:07:23 »
Oops! :-[  I definitely only have one although another one would be good if it was David Beckham ;)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #462 on: February 19, 2008, 19:13:26 »
Cleared out the shed and moved some manure into an empty dalek.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #463 on: February 19, 2008, 19:36:08 »
I put the capillary matting down in the big greenhouse while Ray and Phil tried to fix the rips in the polytunnel  :(

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #464 on: February 20, 2008, 01:10:13 »
did nothing on lotty weather 2 bad pea soup all day.

still spring cleaning 4 valuers all but one room in the house painted, carpet cleaner arrives tomorrow we have 30 hours to finish the house. oh and i have 2 re paing all the skirting boards & doors.

we have managed to fill 3 family sized green wheelie bins (2 were ours one is neighbours) with magazines and sheaded old bills some since 2002 wow but only half a black wheelie bin of rubish  ;) 1 bag of clothes to sally army and a black sack of books to the local library ;-)

Got 3 trips of boxes in the car to go, and a desk, beer fridge, filing cabinet & coffee table all to be packed away.

Allotment would be more fun but at least the house is clean, tidy and  dust free as my eyes are running non stop at the moment.

cam

BarryT

« Reply #465 on: February 20, 2008, 19:08:18 »
Hi

Well spent the day digging today and enjoying the sun, but god it was still cold. Hoping for a warmer day tomorrow

Barry :)
Barry

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #466 on: February 20, 2008, 20:06:52 »
Hiya, barry, welcome to the site..don't know where you are , we're expecting a bit milder but possibly rainy  ;D

star

• Hectare
« Reply #467 on: February 20, 2008, 20:25:33 »
Welcome Barry, yes we are meant to have a balmy 10 or 13 deg tomorrow, and a warm night as well. Then I guess it will snow next week :P :-\

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #468 on: February 20, 2008, 21:44:46 »
Welcome Barry... hope you like the site...
Confined to bed until midday... but OH started 240 Onions in cells and then I dug some bits of HorseRadish.... and posted them off.
 :)

Tatiana

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #469 on: February 20, 2008, 22:03:27 »
welcome to the site Barry.

I'm hoping for an ok day on Friday - I've got the day off! As long as it doesn't rain all day, I'll be happy...

Managed to finish work early today and spent an hour on the lottie until it got dark. Even then I didn't want to leave! Only did a bit of digging for my potato bed - they're chitting in the hallway at the moment so that's extra incentive as soon as I get home!

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #470 on: February 21, 2008, 18:47:43 »
Cut down my Raspberries and give them a application of poo,then weeded my Comfrey patch put some poo there too. Dug up some("we will be looking like a leek soon if ya bring anymore home"  ::) ) leeks,cut a cabbage,put the world to rights with pigeon Al on the plot next to me.went home to find that we are eating out tonight because someone   >:(  forgot to put the chicken on before he went to the allotment. :-[

wheelabo

• Not So New ...
« Reply #471 on: February 21, 2008, 20:36:32 »
We went and got some horse poo.  OH forgot the spade so we used our hands (we did have gloves on because that was MY job and I remembered).  It was great fun  :D :D

star

• Hectare
« Reply #472 on: February 21, 2008, 20:56:44 »
Pricked out seedlings..................did shopping ugh..............then had little energy for much else as I was up till silly o'clock waiting for the eclipse, which didnt want to be seen :(

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #473 on: February 21, 2008, 20:58:55 »
went to inspect the rest of the capillary matting that ray and phil had sorted, looks really good and it works  ;D
spent the rest of the day sowing seeds, brilliant  ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #474 on: February 21, 2008, 23:23:56 »
Mal, so sad to read of your poly tunnel news. I hope something really nasty happens to the blighters responsible for the damage i.e. all their digits drop off one by one, they get the green apple quickstep every weekend for the forseeable future, and the only cure is to eat their bodyweight of the veg they hate most every day. >:(
Smile, it confuses people.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #475 on: February 21, 2008, 23:28:02 »
BW noticed the trees this morning :o.....and I was saved by the door bell.
Hopefully nothing more will be said until he mows the lawn. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #476 on: February 22, 2008, 19:28:58 »
Sowed tommies, celery and celeriac yesterday, dug over the soil and de-stoned ready for the carrots and harvested leeks, cabbage, carrots and PFA spuds today.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #477 on: February 22, 2008, 21:25:41 »
well I had planned on going to the lotty today after i brought the carpet cleaner back and picked up my currency. Instead i had to come home and call the car insurance so some idiot decided to back into my parked up stationary car. The MAN was driving a 3 week old merc and his insurance will cover it so no harm done just a little inconveniance. But when i finished with the insurance people it was 2 late to go to the lotty.

My tomatos, courgettes and pumpkins are just starting to pop there heads though and might be ready in about 3 weeks to go out hopefuly when the weather is better.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #478 on: February 23, 2008, 10:39:24 »
Stayed at home and sorted out the greenhouse at last! Moved out the last of the used growbags, swept up and hosed everything down, just got to assemble my two new mini greenhouses ready to go inside (I use them for hardening off as the greenhouse isn't heated) and sort out my growing arrangements for this year.

I'm thinking of swapping the staging in my home greenhouse with the lottie one, as the one at home isn't as tall or long, and the bigger one is in the smaller greenhouse which is not very sensible! That will have to wait until tommorrow when OH with van is available...... ;)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #479 on: February 23, 2008, 10:48:40 »
Just back from two hour stint put in another raised bed and started to break down the winter digging I have done, it is now just right for the rotovator to run over which I will do on Monday, to morrow will be putting some muck and compost in the raised bed, I don't believe it but I seem to be spending more time on the lotty than I do at work(only work part time now) :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal