Author Topic: mobile phone question..?  (Read 7556 times)

Delilah

• Hectare
  • its OK to be slightly cracked!
Re: mobile phone question..?
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 21:56:52 »
Tis Ok Lottie ................... I'll get him.................he'll soon be cowering behind sofa...............afraid to come out.........I'm a right 'ard nut I am! ::)
If you don't make mistakes, you'll never make anything!

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2005, 00:48:54 »
Cowerin' ? Moi ? Sure yer no' gettin' me mixed up wae a  ... ermmmm  .. cowerin' thingy ?  < ... bares his muscles  ... oops !  that wis ma bag 'a' whelks ... nips next door an' borrows hiz wee bumpy things  ....
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

doc steve

• Half Acre
  • i aint realy here
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2005, 16:29:18 »

undercarriage plan

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2005, 16:50:13 »
Thanks Steve!! Don't let Delilah see it though, she can't control herself... ::) Goes all perculiar at te very menion of it...
It' vsery pretty.....erm.....what do you do with it.... ???

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2005, 17:07:19 »
You pop it in a spare USB port  ( well, you could hardly stick it in a used one I suppose !  :( ) and it allows mobile phones, among other things, to communicate directly with the computer.
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2005, 17:10:41 »
pmsl  ....

undercarriage plan

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2005, 17:17:10 »
LOL! But I don't need it now do I?  ???Max has just persuaded me to buy marmite substitute, have hidden card from me, in place I'll never look.. ;D and don't even think about it Aiken... :-X

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2005, 17:19:03 »
The thought never crossed my mind  .... well, it did flit quickly past  ....

undercarriage plan

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2005, 17:20:23 »
Mmmm...thought as much....but well done you!! Ammost impressed, shocked, bogsmacked but impressed...

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2005, 12:37:49 »
 Lottie and others ... Be  aware of   'Bluesnarfing'  ::)  On some blue tooth phones. Also Bluejacking ::)  Oh Heck    .. Jim

« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 12:58:21 by growmore »
Cheers .. Jim

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2005, 13:02:37 »
"Bluejacking" can only happen if you leave the bluetooth function on when you're out and about. You shouldn't do that anyway as it drains the battery quicker. Unless of course you use one of those daft bluetooth headsets !     ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2005, 13:26:14 »
Ok, whoah!!! What's blue snarfing? Blue jacking? And what's the obssession with them all being blue?  ??? Why not Pink snarfling? Or purple, I like purple.....PLease explain to blue tooth confused person, and should I not use the lead thingy and just...oh dear...I'm watching this fly over my head at  the speed of light!!!

??? ??? ??? :P :'( ;D

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2005, 14:11:55 »
Lottie ( see, no "b" ! ) bluetooth is just another form of wireless communication between various suitably equiped devices e.g. computers, including laptops, phones, pockets PCs,and PDAs etc.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2005, 14:31:57 »
no "b" appreciated Aiken!! But what's snarfing then? And why would one want to snarf in the first place?  ???

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2005, 15:14:18 »
Same thing, different spelling   :)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2005, 15:43:09 »
ok....I'll just smile and nod.......TY Aiken  ;D

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2005, 16:25:02 »
Lottie, it's way of "hacking" into other bluetooth phones and sending/stealing data to or from them.

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2005, 18:04:50 »
Yer ok  transferring stuff wth yer lead Lottie thats safe its hard wired....Unless AD knows different ;D  But as he says it pays to switch the  blue tooth function off  on your phone unless your using it...  jim..

Cheers .. Jim

undercarriage plan

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2005, 18:09:51 »
OK!! I finally understand!! Am throwing  a party to celebrate this unusual event....Thanks Jim and Aiken, sorry it's taken me 3 days to click... ::)

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2005, 20:45:18 »

3 days  ::) ::) ::) that not about normal for a woman...am already
   running and scooping coat as I run for the door !!!!! pssst lottie
   got me cricket pads on...soooooooo me shins is safe !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal