Author Topic: Joining Greenhouses  (Read 2122 times)

jimbo51

Joining Greenhouses
« on: October 25, 2008, 20:43:26 »
Hi everyone i'm a newbe hear can anyone give me advice on joing to greenhouses together so as to make one long green house ie two 8 foot to one 16 foot. or is it not adviserble.
Thanks for your time
Jimbo

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Joining Greenhouses
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 21:41:55 »
I would just put the two up against each other.  Where they meet - leave out the glass running down the back centre of one and remove the door of the other.  This way you can walk through.  Yes you will still have some glass inside but you would be able to walk right through.  You can also buy some small metal brackets that would "clamp" the two frames together.  Attach a strip of bubble wrap to close the join all the way round to prevent draughts.

Alternatively,  stand them back to back with an entrance at each end. ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 21:48:54 by ktlawson »
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 09:05:11 »
Cheers .. Jim

shaun01

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 18:55:28 »
why not just buy a 16 foot one it would be cheaper ??? ???
You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 09:04:11 »
why not just buy a 16 foot one it would be cheaper ??? ???
Not if the two 8x6 came for nothing in the first place  it aint :)
It's surprising how many folks buy a 6x6 or 8x6 greenhouse and then after a couple of years want rid of it ..
Cheers .. Jim

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 15:14:21 »
Sounds a great idea if you have the space. Would probably be the only way i could extend my greenhouse space without taking down my existing one and buying a bigger one! The nly thing is i would want a virtualy identical 'house since mine is of an unsual width (5'9" wide rather than the full 6'). Finding a second hand one that size would be very difficult.

If I  were to do this I would definetly leave one of the 'joined' ends partly glazed. That way you could partition the greenhouse to create different climates and if nessesary heat only one half to save money.

DAVIESFOZZIE

• Not So New ...
    • daviesfozzie
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 21:26:30 »
Keep the two separate as growing certain crops such as cucumbers and tomatoes require different conditions. Also as in mine blight completely destroyed all my tomatoes so if i had two separate greenhouse i might have saved some plants. And using the greenhouses for cultivating early seedlings requires heating and heating one is cheaper than heating both

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal