Author Topic: I need help to buy a laptop  (Read 2537 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
I need help to buy a laptop
« on: October 20, 2008, 00:26:38 »
 I shall be returning my school laptop before I leave and need to buy one to keep me going as  my main house computet will have to packed three months before we leave .

Uses  eventually will mainly internet etc. has to be wireless, would like it to have a web cam and can it have a skype thing my son mentioned?? I think it is so we can talk from Canada to Holland with no phone costs.

I don't want to spend a fortune so need to be looking at the lower end of the market.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and name names if poss and dealers.

I am useless with them so any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
Re: I need help to buy a laptop
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 00:32:05 »
This is a new laptop from PC world, it was £279 is wifi ready, dual core and has vista but no web cam.
Its called E Sytem 1201 an i have had no trouble with it so far !
Skype is a download you can get for free on line :)

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 08:45:52 »
Hi Jeannine,

We bought our daughter a Dell Inspiron for her 18th to take to uni nearly 3 years ago and it has been brilliant, never any problem with it.  It is just the basic one but several other people I know have it too and they all say it is fine.

T.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 09:15:57 »
ray got his toshiba from amazon, they had a few on there, gives reviews, too

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 16:20:40 »
Don't bother paying the extra for a built in web cam when they are so cheap to buy.

Something like this would be idea @ £299 + about £15 for a web cam and it comes with skype software.
http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1906026936.1224515415@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccejadefhglejehcflgceggdhhmdgmk.0&page=Product&fm=1&sm=0&tm=0&sku=637224&category_oid=#productInformationSection

My mum and dad bought a Fujitsu laptop form comet or currys for £299 and that really nice.
Neil

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 15:53:32 »
The link tempted me but not available now. XX Jeannien
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 20:56:17 »
i recently bought my baby its a dell Inspiron and I'm delighted with it (in bubblegum Pink) :D :D :D :D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal