Author Topic: Photo's from my visit to..........  (Read 3459 times)

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Photo's from my visit to..........
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 03:20:03 »
Great pics.

I visited Blenheim a couple of years ago when they held a three day eventing competition.   His Lordship had the most wonderful immaculate lawns full of lush grass.  My 16 hand cob with dinner-plate sized hooves would have just loved to have been let loose on it for his lunch.

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 07:13:13 »
Ha ha good one.  Last time I was at Blenheim Palace all the large tubs were chocka full of the most gorgeous pink tulips. Fabulous place.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 08:42:57 »
i was a bp a couple of years ago for 60 minutes!!!(bus tour ~ trying to cram everything in tour).
i had time to cross the bridge & that was that. :(
love the plant pot ~one on either side of my front door would look pretty smart :) :)
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2005, 11:46:07 »
Not far from where I live DD, you could have dropped in for a cuppa!  ;D
Mr M and I run round the lake most evenings - absolutely gorgeous!
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2005, 12:59:16 »
Big lake to run round. All that energy!!!! ;D Could think of better things to do......

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2005, 13:30:49 »
A couple more stitched images. Side view of the palace and lower garden and the cricket pitch to the rear.

What software do you use to stitch you images together, DD? I have tried one or two, with mixed results (and did you use a tripod to get aligned shots, or did the software do it for you?).

I am off to Mauritius on Tuesday (honeymoon!) and can forsee some long sweeping shots of palm-fringed beaches...

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2005, 00:38:39 »
I dont use a tripod, too lazy. Its all a little trial and error. I try and look at the view and decide how to break it down into sections. Then start from the left check on my horizon in the viewfinder. Try and keep this horizon as level as possible. Check were the image ends in the viewfinder on the right hand side. Take the photo, slide the camera across the view with the last feature from the previous image now to the left. (does this make sense ?)repeat this for as many images as required. When I get back I open a program called photostitch. This came with my Canon camera(software bundled with drivers). I just open all the images I require then ask the software to do its magic. It usually discards a small amount from top and bottom of the images, then asks you if you are happy with the joins. Thats basically it.
Do you have digital camera or film ? as exposure can sometimes be a problem. I try and work fast as I take the images and try and avoid taking too contrasty a scene.
Sorry cant be of any more help, hope you have a great holiday(honeymoon) and look forward to seeing some of the views Mauritius has to offer. Just remeber its all trial and error, good thing is digital can be deleted  so take lots and lots of photos. Never know when you are likely to go back

SpeedyMango

• Acre
    • Plot Blog
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2005, 08:57:12 »
Thanks DD. Probably never going to go back to Mauritius, at least not the the same hotel (got to push the boat out for a honeymoon, probably won't be able to afford it again!).

I do have a digital camera, and have tried taking panoramas before using basically the same method you do. I was using a freebie bit of software called 'Panorama Factory', but with mixed results. I shall have a look for Photostitch.

Cheers. I'm off work from lunchtime today, wedding tomorrow (eek), honeymoon from Tuesday! All very exciting. I shall share any good pictures I have when I come back!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal