Author Topic: Bedfordshire  (Read 11466 times)

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
    • Welcome to the Evetts Allotment
Re: Bedfordshire
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2005, 06:58:02 »
hi i'm Nick ,  i have a spot on Goldington Field too  its great soil i am told dasiy

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2005, 07:00:02 »
Hi Nick, just taken one over in Goldington myself, don't know what the soil is like yet, it's covered in couch grass !   {:¬)#
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2005, 11:27:06 »
Hi Aiken
i have plot 101,
 from what i have seen and some of the folks i have spoken to the plots in Goldington and Haynes field are some of the best in town so see you there, once the rotavating has been done i am going to put in a winter crop
 ;D

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2005, 20:17:48 »
Hya OldWolf, 101 .. is that the one as you first come in the second gate , the one on your right ?
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is the fact that it has never tried to contact us.

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2005, 10:17:25 »
Oldwolf - we are practically neighbours, I am no 97.

I think yours has been rotivated if it is the second on the right, so no excuses now!

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2005, 10:29:29 »
daisymay, as you will have seen from one of my other posts I have moved to plot 89 now and not getting it rotovated. As we all met on here first, should we re-name it Internet Avenue ?    ;D

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2005, 11:05:42 »
I hadn't seen that actually. Think that is on the same side as me now then.

We had ours rotivated and to be honest I do not regret it. The weed have grown back to an extent but they are nothing like they were and it is a lot easier mentally to deal with!

be down there on Sunday hopefully, depends how we get on with our garden! skip arrived at 8am this morning! 

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2005, 21:18:52 »
Been down for 3 hours this afternoon. Ordered my compost bin today as well. Started turning the ground until I stepped back to roll a ciggie then realised I was digging the main communal path !  Quickly relocated my spade.    {:¬)#

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2005, 08:06:06 »
Hya OldWolf, 101 .. is that the one as you first come in the second gate , the one on your right ?
a
Its the one right by the gate and the substation
i have been given 2 "composters" full of leaf mould  and will be down for a visit saturday to check ( after doing a infill job for my parents )
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 08:09:21 by OldWolf »

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2005, 09:27:20 »
I live in Herts, but my son and daughter-in-law live in Shefford.  DIL runs her own Florist & Gift shop in the High Street called 'Cathy's Bloomers'.  If you ever want any floral arrangements done, she's your girl, really good.  Pay her a visit and say 'hi' from Pat ;D  I am sure she will appreciate the bit of free advertising ;) ;D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2005, 11:06:27 »
Hi Gardengirl, will do Pat    {:¬)#

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2005, 11:07:58 »
OLdWolf, will be down this afternoon myself and say Hi if you're there    {:¬)#

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2005, 17:07:03 »
well got down first thing to see, and not rotavated yet,  but will be down to get some pics tomorrow at least i got the first of the jobs done at my folks place, just one more to finish tomorrow then its a relaxing shower. Picked up a  good fork as well and got 2 good hoes, one is a dutch hoe and the other is a 3 tined one. Well once the rotavating is done i'll start double digging and be ready for the spring. My partner in crime on the allotment( My daughter)  and i are already deciding what we want to grow next year.

AikenDrum

• Acre
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2005, 18:10:37 »
Will be down myself tomorrow, plot selection got rather complicated  .... a tale to tell    {:¬)#

P.S. I signed up on the 10th, never seen a rotovator since then.

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2005, 20:25:18 »
Ours took about 2 weeks to be done. The girls at the Harper Centre did not seem to know what was happening much when ever I rang them, so I found out the guy at the council who is responsible. If you haven't got his details PM me and I will pass them on. He was great when I wanted my shed, emailed back within the hour to say I could build one.

Old wolf - I wonder who your neighbour is then - it was rotivated about 4 - 6 weeks ago and we have never seen them since, I assumed you were second one in!

I only made it down for about 5 mins on Sunday to pick up a spare spade from the shed and to say hello to my onions and garlic (sprouting already, am very chuffed!). Hoping to get down there this weekend, got to finish digging the bed for the cabbages and spinach to go it.

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2005, 12:15:54 »
thanks Daisy  i will once i get home

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2005, 12:42:36 »
Well Oldwolfs allotment has been moved to the next door Haynes field site
 which is going to be interesting as i am going to take on the back plot as well so my daughter has a place for  her flowers, anyone know where i can get a good scythe?? lol sits back and waiting for the old father time jokes ;D

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2005, 15:12:35 »
I don't know - you and Aiken ain't half fickle!  ;D

Cool, there was only a 1/2 left on there when we looked and it was about 6ft high - is that the one? had some amazing alliums and fruit bushes etc...

It looked really good on Haynes, very established.

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2005, 18:27:19 »
well i got plot 10 front and back so it could be it will be fun

OldWolf

• Not So New ...
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2005, 12:16:27 »
well spent last sunday on the plot , found a wooden frame and some garbage that needs the council to remove ....i have contacted DSD about it and getting the plots rotavated so looks like a fun new year

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal